Anxiety Community
What do you take or do to help with your anxiety?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been unsuccessful with SSRI's for my OCD and General Anxiety Disorder... I am going through a particularly difficult time with my anxiety and would like to know what works for you! :)

I have very bad medical anxiety and am scared to take anything (due to a bad reaction to Effexor)... the only thing that helps me is clonazepam (a benzo... surprise surprise!) I take it as needed. My p-doc recently prescirbed Buspar but I'm scared to try it! I would like everyone's input or stories of things that helped you!

What meds or strategies do you use during a rough time?
I know what you mean.I had a bad reaction to Paxil after several years and I am afraid to try something new. Just got a script for Zoloft but haven't tried it yet. I think I will go back to Vit B complex in Am and calcium/Mag at night.That seemed to help before
I heard Cymbalta is good for that as that is what I was told to take for GAD and OCD
Hello I am also afraid to take meds due to a bad allergic reaction to an antibiotic but my anxiety is so bad I'm thinking about starting meds even tho I have a horrible phobia of it. I honestly think that you should keep an open mind about everything I mean everyone is different and different meds will work for different people and won't be the same but just don't pay attention to the bad side effect cuz when you get that prescription you'll just be thinking negative and won't give it a chance Zoloft didn't work for me because I'm just one of those people who is sensitive to everything and it just gave me a bad headache and stomachache and Xanax just made me fall asleep but be positive something will work out there.
I actually did not go on any medication for my little bout with anxiety.

What I did was turn to the books actually. I wanted to find what the psychological mechanisms behind the anxiety was, which answered several questions and put my mind at ease on several things. Plus, I refined my diet and began eating better (I wasn't eating too well, not unhealthy or anything but it could have been a bit better) as well as exercising a few times per week, and taking about a half hour each day to relax completely, and over a month this really caused my anxiety to pretty much abate on its own.

Visiting forums and socializing also helped me.
10356 commented on Dear MH Friends..Upda...
33 mins ago
10356 commented on 10356's status
35 mins ago
Step One
4 hrs ago by travel_melb