Anxiety Community
What do you think?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

What do you think?

I`m an anxiety/agoraphobia sufferer and I`m getting my psychology degree next year. Since I live in a country where neurotic disorders are really. really common, and help is expensive, I was thinking about creating an association for providing help and support for people suffering from any kind of neurotic disorder. It would be based on self help groups, and it would have an open door policy, that is, a person would be able to come at any time and talk about problems or engage in some other activities. It would be free of charge, anonymous, and people would be directed to seek medical help if needed (I already have support from some very good therapists and/or psychiatrists).
I know this doesn`t help you much, but I`ve often found great advice here, so I thought I could ask you - What do you think of an idea like this, and if there was such a place near you, would you go there for help? Your answers would mean a great deal to me because I honestly respect opinions coming from fellow sufferers :) So thanks!
I think such a place would put you right up there with Mother Theresa!

What a wonderful, generous, humanitarian, compassionate and urgently needed refuge that would be, and not just in your country, but anywhere in the world that people are neelessly suffering from mental disorders.

Fortunately, I am in a place in my life now where I don't need free help, but I assure there, there once was.........and if a place like this had been available, I'd have walked MILES to get there.

My only question is how would the people who need medications obtain it?

I'm sure you will have the support of all of us who work on a mental health forum.
God bless the kindness in your heart.
Peace
Greenlydia

P.S.
Be sure and let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do!

God bless the kindness in your heart.
Peace
Greenlydia

P.S.
:D umm, thanks, don`t think I`m at Mother Theresa`s level, but thanks.

If medication is needed I could direct people to a hospital where some of the people who support my idea work as psychiatrists, and my personal therapist, who has, over a couple of years become more of a colleague and friend, supports the idea and would like to provide professional help, as much as she can.

If therapy is needed and not just counselling and self help, I could also contact a few of my college colleagues who already have therapist licences, and a couple of professors interested in charity work.

There, I made an entire web of people and connections, but I`m a bit anxious myself as to how it will all turn out, so I guess I need reassurance that this is a good idea, directly from people who have anxiety related issues.

So, thanks a million!
specialmom commented on remar's status
1 hr ago
lboogie7729 is feeling better :) Comment
specialmom commented on renae176's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms