Anxiety Community
What does Anxiety/Panic disorder do to you?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Also do you have a low heart rate or high heart rate when you hav an attack? and whats your resting heart rate?

I have a low heart I am between 48-55 resting.when I have an attack and feel like I am gunna pass out (its low) and then I panic and it races...Then I get the numbness tingly foggy head ect.

What ar your symptoms so we don't feel alone??
I am sorry that you are dealing with this right now.  Heart rates can vary from person to person. As long as your doctor is ok with it then I would not worry about it.  My original experience with anxiety was over concerns about my heart health, which is quite common in this forum.  My resting heart rate is in the low 50s (I run a lot, so it is going to be fairly low) and actually dipped down into the high 20s one night when I was sleeping during a study.  During a panic attack, my heart can feel like it is going to leap out of my chest because it is racing so hard.  Panic can cause so many symptoms, which is part of the reason it is so hard to deal with in my opinon.  

Have you had anxiety problems in the past?  Have you ever recieved counseling for your anxiety?

If you haven't addressed your low pulse with your doctor, you should.  Normally only very physically fit people have a low resting pulse, so if you are an athlete this pulse would be normal.  Because your pulse is so low when you feel like you are going to pass out, it may be too low for you.  Unless you've been diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks I would get evaluated to make sure it's not anything more than anxiety.  Feeling like you're going to pass out will send anyone into a panic and your pulse will rise along with this.  If you have been diagnosed with anxiety then this is most likely what is causing your problem. I hope you are in therapy to get to the root of your anxiety, it can be very beneficial.  Take care...
Thanks I am pretty active I do a lot of cardio and work out 4-5 times a week...I have experianced anxiety but not a full blown panic attack...I have been to my doctor and the ER many times and they say I am fine...I am on a heart monitor for a month to make sure things are okay..I have also never been left alone and my husband has been over seas for the past 5 months as I learned and started getting nervous he was going to be home soon...I also have a 10 month old lil girl...I am on xanax which help...thank you guys!
Anxiety does produced physical symptoms on the body,from what i know experienced,chestpain,shortness of breathe,light headed,sensation of passing out yet never,headache,muscle pain..especially the neck muscle..cause when u are tensed against anxiety.
The only way to face through all this physical symptoms is to try to relaz ur body not tensed against it..as it will make the physical symptoms worse..more fear more adrenaline release therefore the anxiety symptoms keep on and on.i know its easier said than done to accept that something so physical are only due to stress and anxiety but if u have a complete workout..medically and doctors keep giving you a clean health bill,then its time to accept it and move on,start tackling the anxiety issues,start from some conuselling as it might helps.From my opinion medications just mask up the symptoms and take the drugs away,the anxiety symptoms came back,also some drugs might work for some and not for others,so best to talk with ur doctor and see wats best for urself.
For anyone who has anxiety or panic attacks, if you feel your heart racing, one way to counteract that symptom is to do some real deep breathing.  You breathe in real deep, blow it out, then breathe normally a few times. Then breathe in deep again, repeat the whole thing ten times.  You won't get to ten, because your heart rate will slow on account of the deep breathing, and thus your anxiety levels and panic scale will drop accordingly.  I learned this from my behaviorist psychologist who worked with me for a year with exposure threapy to get my panic straight.  I also take medicines, but I have many physical problems too, so that's why.  But even with everything I do to  cope, I still have anxiety quite often, and so the breathing helps me.  I had posted in a thread today only to discuss a problem myself and others have with generic drugs, so I thought I'd give back by replying to this discussion.  GG
ditch6755 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Food Safety for Both Hot and Cold F...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
lulu747 commented on Feeling real and tryi...