Anxiety Community
What does Xanax rebound anxiety feel like?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

I have been taking zoloft now for six weeks and it has finally kicked in. My depression is much better and anxiety lessened. Four days ago, I stopped taking my daily dose 0.5mg of xanax. I had been taking that level or less for 30 days. I hoped I wouldn't have any withdrawal from such a low dose, but, I have had some very strange sensations since stopping. My hands and feet are very hot and a little numb just like anxiety causes, but I'm not feeling anxious. My neck and jaw are tense and sore too. I was wondering if this may be rebound anxiety as a withdrawal symptom of the xanax. If so, how long will it take to pass?
hey mark,
I am no doctor but I believe that it is a rebound from xanax
I ve been anxious for about 2 months now (STD fear) I got tested and all is good
but I still have head pressure and my head feels hot, when I went to the doctor he said its just anxiety and that I dont have any fever
I asked a friend for a few xanax bars, I took .5 before yesterday, and .25 yesterday,
today I decided not to take any and I feel worst than the day  I took the first one
neck is tight
head pressure and my body has fever or whatever you wanna call it,but I feel hot.
and a little drowsy every now and then
so I decided to throw those pills away and I ll deal with my anxiety by running and working out(thats what I normally do, it helps)
Did you check with your psychiatrist before you suddenly stopped?  Probably not a good idea even with a low dose for a relatively short period of time.  
I have to agree with Paxiled on this one.  Even though it was a low dose and a short time, tolerance can build up fairly quickly with Xanax.  I took it while I was originally going on Zoloft years ago for about 6 weeks and tapered off of it for a couple of weeks to minimize the side effects.  What does your doctor say about this?
Thanks for the responses.  My psychiatrist said that he doesn't taper people if they are below 1mg per day so he said it was alright for me to just quit.
Do what feels best for you. People can still get withdrawal effects with less than 1mg per day - the withdrawal is just likely not to be as intense as with higher doses. Maybe you can try .25mg for a few days before you go off it completely. Either way, any withdrawal symptoms should only last a few days.
Just remember, you're the boss, not the psychiatrist.  He or she works for you.  If you feel the withdrawal isn't dissipating, ask your shrink to put you back on a low dose so you can taper more slowly.
Tocldja Well I'm feeling better it'... Comment
4 mins ago
englishborn commented on A very inspiring colu...
9 mins ago
retta483 commented on photo
44 mins ago