Anxiety Community
What to do what you are too sensitive to SSRI's or 5HTP

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

I am too sensitive to any kind of SSRI or even natural serotogenic medications like 5htp, Once i take them I go into a panic attack. My body just cant deal with them. What do I do now when the medication ive been prescribed to help me with panic and anxiety is causing more panic and anxiety attacks??
I did the same thing, they tried all kinds of them on me and as soon as i took them i got more panicky and went to the ER more! I take a half of a .25 klonopin before bed now and it helps some. you may try some sort of benzo drug?  
Ditto here, I took Prozac for years and had no problem at all with it.  I stopped for about 5 months and decided to go back on it..I had horrific panic attacks, same with Paxil, and then I attempted to take St Johns Wort, and the same thing happened....panic, hypomania, irritability, color changes.....awful stuff.

Some say those of us who are SSRI resistant may be bipolar 3, a newer diagnosis. We probably will not fare well on any SSRI, and may have to take a smaller dose of a mood stabilizer drug..Lamictal, Tegretal, Depakote. I have not attempted that.  

Yep, the benzos work, but getting hooked on them is a nasty thing.

hitman
I tried the a few years ago now I am taking...nothing.. after the Lexapro and the Xanax route then the 5HTP and Sam -E(yes they do work) but after a few weeks you get the usaual side effects. I foundI felt better with nothing at all, I have no more panic or anxiety, once all that stuff gets out of your system.
WTF?!?! how the hell did "sensitive clitoris" get added in to the tags? LOL hahahaha thats too funny
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
24 mins ago
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms