Anxiety Community
What's the difference between XanaX and Niravam

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Can anyone tell me what the difference between Xanax and Niravam, my doc put me on Niravam telling me that it stays in my system longer and is no addictive. Everything I have seen states they are exactly the same other than brand name. I know Xanax is cheaper so if they are the same I want to go with it. I am trying to figure out if it is worth keep bringing up. Please help.
Tags: meds
I don't think the doctor is getting a kick bacck as no one but her in her office has ever heard of the drug. I currently take valuim as well but it just works for panic/anxiety attacks. I think my doctor is worried about me becoming dependent on the drug, so is it less addictive? She keeps telling me that she is worried about that and hates Xnanax because of that reason. I have been addictive to other things in the past but nothing bad and nothing I needed help getting off of. My tolerance for pills are very high and she keeps referencing that as well. I go back in 2 weeks so I will discuss it with her further. Thank you for the help that is kinda of what I found on the net as well.
Thank you for the advice but I have tried Klonopin, I seem to have memory loss with prolonged use. It didn't set well with me at all. Valuim was worked for my panic and anxiety attacks for several years. Right now I have anger control issues and Xnanax seemed to help in the past. I am not worried about getting addicted but my doc is. I through a lot of meds through my life some I had to get off of that most has trouble so i am not worried about that.
Im a little late with my comment. I just remembered niravam. I was on it for a while. It is no different than a dose of  xanax, aside from this one little difference. Xanax you have to swallow and wait 10 , 15 minutes for it to digest absorb ect... Niravam Dissolves like a baby orange asprin on your tongue instantly kicking in. They both carry the same half life, and range of help. Along side the valium, klonopin, atavan, ect.... They all have an addictive personality IF your looking to eat a ton and just go to sleep. If you can fight sleep youll just be in a cloudy haze. So the BUZZ is not that great... Heres the issue. Xanax/Niravam Instant hit leaves you in 4 hours. W/D starts pretty fast between 6-8 hours after last dose. The withdrawlfeels like a panic attack. So you do the normal. TAKE another. Instant struggle and depandancy. 1 mg becomes 2 . 2 becomes 4.... Valium is very efficient having a half life of 12 hours. Its metabolites can stay in your blood for up to 36 hours after the last dose. Its great for weaning off of xanax. Atavan last about 8 hours I've found in me 5 mg of atavan is almost equal to 3 mg of xanax. The Atavan last for about 7-8 hours, but you have to take all 5 at the same time. Klonopin last approx 12 hours. So all these drugs are basically looking at different brands of pain pills. What last longer what works more efficient. What helps best. This is from my own research Ive been on Benzos since a major car accident when I was 17. Im 30 now. I know my post is a little late , but maybe it will help others.
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
2 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
Amandag78 commented on msdelight's status