Anxiety Community
When is enough?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

When is enough?

Everything has intensified with anxiety and depression the last 3 years. I'm still running the road at times for people that have illnesses in my partner's family. I've tried to do it from a good place but I'm at the point where I'm having meltdowns when I have to drive. I'm getting resentful and the depression gets worse at times when this is what a big part of life revolves around.  Don't mean to play martyr but I've kept saying yes till I'm exhausted. And these are people who don't understand or remember that I have issues and don't really care. No one ever calls me          to see how my symptoms are or how I'm feeling. My partners' mother actually said to someone she knew that had confided she was depressed and feeling empty that 'she didn't look empty'.....the  implication being that she looked like she ate more than enough. This is the mentality of people I take to  doctor appointments, visit in the hospital and give my time and effort to. I really believe that anxiety and  depression  leaves is vulnerable to guilt and a fear           of saying no. I also tend to say yes to social events or get togethers when there are times I feel like dying. It's not often a situation where I feel better after I make the effort and get there. Does anyone relate on some level with this?
You are not alone man. I am having one of those ''panic'' atacks rignt now.There is nothing to do ecxept wait for it to pass and hope that someday I will not have to live like this :(
melimeli commented on Good news!
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status
1 hr ago
michhh commented on A very inspiring colu...