Why do I get these weird throat spasms?
Ok. I have had depression and anxiety and severe panic attacks for the past 7 years. past year or so I have been having these weird throat spasms. My throat closes up. It is soooo uncomfortable. I can breathe and I'm not even having a panic attack. but it happens when I get stressed or even when I get full from eating. Not to mention I do get weird numbness sometimes in my hand. Anyone else's throat close up llike you have a constant ball in it? When I take my prescribed xanax.it does go away. Know what it's called? thanks so much for any help
I get that a lot my vision goes weird and most the time I feel like My throat feels foggy or clogged weird sensation and I also get a pass out feeling and then my heart races. Its so strange. I wish these panic attacks would just go away!
It's called 'globus sensation'...common with anxiety.
See:
http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec02/ch007/ch007e.html
Glad you have Xanax.  It is the fastest acting anti anxiety med I have ever taken.

MMahon has given you the medical term.  And so you know it is caused by anxiety.

It is very frustrating, I'm sure.  When you look at old posts on this forum you will see that anxiety can cause many physical symptoms.  The list is endless.  

It helps to talk to people.  MH is a good place to vent.  All of us have experience with anxiety.  We are here to support you.  I know it is often easier to talk to people here than in your life.  
Hi my names mike and I have all those symptoms it makes me feel like death is the only escape. Please how do u control allthis with out going crazy. . .
i wake up suddenly and feel like i am choking and cant swallow...sometimes i am afraid to go to sleep in case i just die !!.iit must be anxiety..it doesnt happen when i am happy