Anxiety Community
Why does my brain feel numb and heavy all the time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

This is such a major problem for me these days, my head seems heavy and numb from morning to night every single day. I've smoked hash once in my life which triggered a major panic attack, so since then I've been dealing with this heavy feeling in my brain, like its growing big, so big that it wants to explode out of my skull. Yep, it is so bad, then I get migraines also. Really bad ones, with my eyes hurting with the numbness. I went to my Doc and he prescribed an anti depressant for my anxiety. I used to have it daily and it helped so much that i take it with me everywhere. But i stopped having it daily cus it has weight gain as a side effect and i don't need to get any bigger than i already am thankyou very much.
So i need some answers, do other people have these weird heady, numb feelings? What is it?????!!!!! I'm frustrated because of it!it just won't go away! I've even given up caffeine because it triggers anxiety! and I've also given up smoking! I'm as clean as mr.bean. Please give me some answers because my doctor won't.
Anxiety and depression can definitely make you numb in my opinion.  We all experience anxiety differently, but there are ways to confront and deal with it.  Have you had anxiety issues in the past?  Do you see a therapist to talk about it?  Don't mess around with your medications without the consultation of your doctor.  Weight gain can be a real problem with many people, but there are ways to combat that as well...do you exercise regularly and eat right?  

Many General Practitioner doctors don't know that much about anxiety in my opinion...for me going to see a therapist helped tremendously.  A little knowledge can go a really long way in beating this...keep us posted!
your feeling that way because your thinking to much.. try meditation or some forms to relax you.. if felt this way for ten years and nobody could help me until i helped myself.. medication is only a bandaid to the problem.. find out why your depressed whats bothering you the most and clear your mind.. move on from the past live for the future.. after all.. whatever has happened to you cannot be changed only learned from. it may sound cold but i have many degrees in psycology and it is the only way your going to move on and live life. you cant go through life clouded you wont make the right choices when you are... go luck on your journey i hope i helped you
Irisbritney Another symptom to add to m... Comment
1 hr ago
Blessedtb23 commented on Long standing dry mou...
Things Killing Your Gut
5 hrs ago by gymdandee