Anxiety Community
Why more anxious?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Why more anxious?

Can someone pls explain to me why the heck am I getting more anxiety since starting meds. I've been on Prozac for about a week now and things were ok until last night. Getting crazy anxious. If these meds are suppose to help why do they seem to have the opposite effect as a side effect?
It takes several weeks (4-6) before you will notice a difference with your medication. The increased anxiety may be your body adjusting to the medication which is normal.  Try to be patient but if it becomes too much contact your doctor about it and follow his instructions.  Never just stop your medication, and work closely with your doctor regarding any side effects you may have.  Take care...
What you describe is very typical of the initial side effects of this kind of med.  The good news is, it reosolves for most peolple after a week or two.  Just try to be patient, and perhaps inquire with your doctor about a short-term anti-anxiety med (like Ativan, Xanax) to help with the increased anxiety.  A lot of people end up needing something short term to combat the spike in anxiety                

Good luck to you.
meds do make you feel worse before you get better alot of people have told me that,thats why i chose not to take any.i panics over taking meds anyway,
Yes, patience. Does that come in a pill? lol
dont i wish,lol
I never adjusted to meds that made me nervous. Apparantly some people do. I would definately ask for Xanax or something to help you as you are raising your meds, but if it becomes unbearable, it's probably not the right med for you. Definately call your doctor and discuss your side effects. Let him know your limitations! If this is too much, tell him! Try not to be afraid. There is a medication out there for you! Don't lose hope! Not everyone finds the right med the first time! Studchick
So how much longer should I deal with this? Everybody keeps telling me to be patient but... Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling horrible 24/7 but when it's bad, it's BAD. I don't wanna suffer for months before it's realized that this is not the right med for me. So how long should I wait it out?
if you feel bad,dont wait its your body go back to the docs, they will sooner or later find a med for you like i said i dont take any so i aint a pro on them,i just chose other ways to relieve my symptoms.
mishymoshymarcy Work hard and focus on your... Comment
54 mins ago
Good i guess.
57 mins ago by mishymoshymarcy
littlebit667 commented on littlebit667's status
1 hr ago