Anxiety Community
Will Anxiety Caused By MDMA Go Away?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Will Anxiety Caused By MDMA Go Away?

So, about 3 months ago, I took one pill of ecstasy. I was really nervous going into it, as I had heard horror stories. As soon as it kicked in, I had the worst panic attack of my life. I really thought I was going to die some how, and I couldn't even stand up because I was so lightheaded and faint. That lasted for about 20 minutes, then I felt great. For the next couple of weeks, I had panic attacks, and actually went to the ER and explained it to the doctor. He said that it probably would go away, but it's been a while. I have smoked marijuana about 10 times since the ER visit (I know, stupid, right?) which is probably slowing the healing process. I also tried psilocybin mushrooms about a month ago, and had ANOTHER horrible panic attack. I think that REALLY slowed down the healing process. All of the panic/anxiety attacks besides the two caused by drugs aren't nearly as bad, but it is scary. They usually consist of an increased heart rate, and a general feeling of uneasiness and nervousness. Those ones are the anxiety attacks. The horrible ones are the panic attacks, because they involve hypochondria. I've convinced myself of a heart attack, brain tumor, brain aneurysm, stroke, and, now, heart arrhythmia. I can deal with the anxiety, but the hypochondria is unbearable. I can't accept death. Anyway, my general question is, will this go away? I read somewhere that anxiety caused by MDMA can take up to a year to go away. It takes your body that long to re-balance the lost serotonin and all that. I also get bursts of euphoria for some reason, although they don't last long at all. I'm 16 years old now. Thanks!
From what I know you can have bad hits and good hits. At times taken illegal drugs increases anxiety levels. Fact is you never know what you are buying. They might cut up the orignal batch and make new ones using lord knows what. So who knows what a lot of people are putting into their bodies. Could be anything really. But you have learned the hard way. I know the say once bitten, twice shy. But not for you. You went and used some weed to follow. I am not too well up on this stuff. But you will find a lot of posts from others surrounding the same topic. Just type in a search. It has left loads of people in a bad way. Heightened anxiety levels. Plus their is the Subtance abuse forum here on MedHelp. Your question might get the right kind of answer over there. But I really hope you can stay clean. That you have seen that not all so called drugs that are said to relax people do just that. They don't. Simple fact. They can screw you up. Big time. But check out the subtance abuse forum. Probably the best place to look.
Well, my friend took the exact same pill from the same batch of pills. I'm pretty sure it's just because I was being an idiot and was nervous going into it. As for weed, it actually helps my anxiety, but probably isn't the best way to treat it. Thanks, I'll check out the substance abuse forum.
(Im spanish)That happened to my the hipocndria with mdma i thought that i was to empatic that i get aids froma another person and i had panick atacs thinking about this
Paxiled commented on Soy products may decr...
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy Another 2 things failed... ... Comment
melimeli "dh" is being an ass again,... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms