Anxiety Community
Withdrawal Clonazepam Bupropion Purgatory

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hello I have been on 100mg of Bupropion ER and 0.25 mg of Clonazepam for over 4 years.  I have tried 3 times before to stop the medications but felt awful side effects and and had to resume taking my meds.  Two and a half weeks ago I decided to try again and I stopped all my medication.  I know that these are low doses.  

I have been feeling awful again and I feel as if my heart is running faster than normal which is affecting my personal and work-life.  I have been very diligent pushing through the suffering and nausea.

Today I felt as if I needed help so I cut all the 0.25 mg of Clonazepam in half and took one 0.125mg today.  I feel ashamed like I am a Quiter.  In hindsight, I should have done a slower taper.  Maybe stop the Bupropion first and then slowly reduce the Clonazepams down.

? What would have been the proper taper, recommendations.
? What foods or supplements can help with withdrawal symptom.
Example: VitC, Vitb, or Lysine?
Does anyone recommend any of these?
SAMe, St. John's Wort, 5-HTP, and Kava (for episodes of stress). At least 1,000 mg vitamin C 4 times a day and a B-100 complex. Exercise.

I am amazed at the strength of even a low dose can have.  It is hard to free myself from the medicinal meat hooks.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
God Bess
Hi;

I just read a few days ago a recommendation to withdraw Klonopin at no more than 10% a week; But, If I understand correctly, you were only taking .25 mg. once a day?
   If you have tachycardia, then this is Dr. territory but my personal feeling is to return again to steady state serum level of both ( normal doses for a month ) and taper both rather than cold turkey them.
   With the clonazepam, you could begin by taking 1/4th tab less each day for a week, then a half tab less for a week, then take 1/4th tab for a week and then stop.
   To my knowledge, re, Buspar should be easier to come off of. I suspect it's the combination of the two ( synergistic effect, Eg. 1 + 1 = 3 ) you are withdrawing from.
   I believe B complex is good; Esp, high dose B 12. Orally, it is poorly absorbed.
Barb135, Jade59, and 10356 commented on VICourageous's status
10356 commented on stilltrying1965's status
Barb135 commented on dominosarah's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms