Anxiety Community
Withdrawal questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Withdrawal questions

I have been taking Klonopin and Propranolol for years, being treated for a benign tremor and migraines.  I'm tired of feeling dopey all the time and I have quit the Klonopin and cut my Propranolol dosage in half.  I've been getting leg cramps and headaches (not full-blown migraines, but nagging headaches that make me want to go back on the Klonopin).  Can I expect these symptoms to disappear?
Not necessarily.  This is an addictive drug, and very hard to quit, though some do find it a lot easier than others.  It should be tapered off slowly under the care of a psychiatrist who knows how to do this (and don't assume all do, most don't).  Since you've already done what you shouldn't have, you have two choices -- tough it out, and really, the symptoms you're describing are at the low end of the scale so you might have an easy time of this, or go back on the drug and taper off slowly.  Your choice, but tapering does give you a better chance the withdrawal won't linger, though no guarantee.  Good luck whichever way you go.
Am I understanding you stopped the Klonopin cold turkey, with no taper?  How long ago was your last dose?

I agree 100% with Paxiled's post above, and would encourage you to not do this on your own.  It's NEVER a good idea to take this kind of thing into your own hands, but that would be especially true with Klonopin, as benzodiazepines should not be stopped abruptly, due to risk of seizures, and other issues.  Call your doctor and ask for some help with this.

Best of luck to you!
4Maddie44 commented on photo
13 mins ago
gyspy09 feeling under the weather..... Comment
15 mins ago
4Maddie44 commented on photo
16 mins ago