Worry and Regret Over past overdose
Hi there,
I have a history of chronic depression and anxiety.  One time about six years ago I was in a really low bad place and I went as far as taking an overdose of my medications; Venlafaxine and Olanzipine, I took about eight Venlafaxine and three olanzipine.  I obviously survived and I now really regret this stupid mistake and realise that life is precious and I'd never do it again.  But now I worry about the long term effects on my body and health, and my liver and kidneys.  I guess the worry is pointless but it still comes back and 'bites my brain' now and again.  I'm just looking for some reasurrance that I can be healthy and normal after this horrendous mistake I made,
Cheers,
Davina
Hi Davina.  We all do things we regret, it's only human.  Instead of being so hard on yourself, be grateful that you survived and learned a great lesson.  If there were going to be any long term effects from this, the doctors would have told you.  Live your life and not worry it away. Take care!