Xanax and Asthma
Has anyone taken Xanax that has asthma?  Did the medication affect the asthma?
Because we all react differently to medications, I would check with your pharmacist about any interactions, or call your doctor.  Take care...
It is not something I have myself. But it is not listed on the xanax fact sheet. But if you are taken antihistamines, which I assume is for asthma, then let you doctor know, as it may increase the effects of the xanax. Age might come into it as well. I doubt if you are 80 or even close on that. I would say the older the person is and if the breathing was really bad it may effect them. But a younger person should be ok. No doubt others will reply to your post as well.
My best friend takes Xanax and has asthma and she says it doesn't affect it. I would think it only would if you took too much or more than the recommended dosage.
I have asthma and I was taking small does of Xanax briefly to (and this is ironic) treat the adrenal fatigue caused by my asthma medication. The adrenal problem caused anxiety and panic attacks. I only took the Xanax when I felt an attack impending.

It did not affect my asthma and might have helped it. You know how upset you become when you have a spate of bad asthma. Your anxiety can actually make it worse. Xanax, by lessening the anxiety, helped. I learned this accidentally when I took it for the adrenal problem. I also noticed a very odd effect on my intolerance of cold. As an asthmatic, you probably suffer as soon as the cold wind hits you. I found, also accidentally, that with Xanax I could tolerate the cold. I am not exactly sure why.

The dosage of Xanax I was given was very small - only .25 mg. I found I could usually manage on just half a tablet. The less of that stuff you can take, the better. Also I never used it for maintenance, but took it erratically, on an as-needed basis. That is very important because it is highly addictive.

Since your are on this forum I presume your main problem is anxiety. Since an adrenal malfunction can cause anxiety, have you ever been tested for this? It is a simple saliva and urine test.

Let me add a caution here. Xanax is a respiratory depressant. The dosage I mention is very small. Given that I have asthma I would never take a large dose of Xanax or any other respiratory depressant.