Xanax cold turkey detox...How long will I feel like ****?
I quit xanax cold turkey.
I was only on .25 mg.  I've been doing this for about 5 years. I didnt think cold turkey would be a problem with such a small dose taken so inconsistantly.
I'm on detox day 2 and I feel like ****.
How long will this last?
Hi there...
I know exactly how you feel! I am now on day 2 of withdrawals and I also feel like you do. But I have been taking between 1-4 sometimes 5 mg of xanax a day. I ran out this month and am not due to get my refill for another day. I think if you have only been taking .25 a day it shouldn't be too much longer till you feel better. I try not to think about it or busy myself with forums and chat etc... listening to other ppls experiences and such. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon! Rebecca
... I should say I got quite used to feeling like this (sadly) because I tend to abuse my medication and take more than prescribed (2mg/day) because I became somewhat tolerant. I go through withdrawals almost every month. Its like second nature to me now. Rebecca
You should never quit a benzo cold turkey, period.  They are hard to quit, and can have serious health effects, though these are rare.  Do this slowly under the care of a psychiatrist.
Stating the same as Paxiled...............one should NEVER cold turkey a benzo! It's just asking for trouble and I can see you've found it! Even tho your dose was small, in the world of benzos, that makes no difference at all. Add in the fact you've been taking it for 5 YEARS makes you a prime candidate for a very slow taper!
I have no way of knowing how long you're going to feel the way you do, but I can tell you that it's going to get much worse long before it gets better. Since you've only been off for two days, I STRONGLY urge you to see your doctor who should, if he/she knows ANYTHING about benzo w/d, put you BACK on your original dose, which will immediately eliminate the way you are feeling now and THEN and only then, design a taper program for you. If done correctly, you will experience very little discomfort.
Please see your doctor. There is no reason you should put yourself through this hell.
Peace
Greenlydia