Xanax for flying
I haven't posted on here for a very long time but still check in every once in a while for moral support.  I am facing a dilema, well several really; however, one is at the very top of my list.  I have a HUGE phobia of flying!!  I had a few rough flights several years ago and swore I wouldn't fly again.  However, my Mom is in the hospital  and we live very far apart; therfore, I don't have much of a choice.  I am stressing about it so badly that I can barely function.  I am a woman of faith but this fear has such a grip on me I don't know what to do.  I have a prescription for Xanax that I will most definately be filling but it's only .25 and I am wondering if it will help me at all.  Someone please tell me if you have had any experience with Xanax and flying.  I am really afraid.
I feel ridiculous giving advice when I just posted asking for it, but I have plenty of experience with Xanax.  I've been on it for over 10 years...same dosage .... .25 and it has always worked for me. I have used it in many situations where I was extremely stressed out or afraid. It really works wonders.  Over the years that low dose has seemed to do less for me but I remember when I first took it....it was like a miracle. I'd be worrying and obsessing over something and then suddenly almost forget what it was I was worrying about. Maybe take it now, before your flight and see if it helps the pre-flight anxiety and if not, call your doc and see if you can get a higher dose just to get you thru. Try not to worry. I know flying is scary. I get scared every time and say a quick prayer and know that is will be ok. It always has been. Good luck.
Thank you so much.  I do plan to take it in the next couple of days to see if it helps (I haven't taken one in years) because I can't remember what effect it had on my body.  I really just want to be totally chill on the plane :-).