Anxiety Community
Xanax for flying

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Xanax for flying

I haven't posted on here for a very long time but still check in every once in a while for moral support.  I am facing a dilema, well several really; however, one is at the very top of my list.  I have a HUGE phobia of flying!!  I had a few rough flights several years ago and swore I wouldn't fly again.  However, my Mom is in the hospital  and we live very far apart; therfore, I don't have much of a choice.  I am stressing about it so badly that I can barely function.  I am a woman of faith but this fear has such a grip on me I don't know what to do.  I have a prescription for Xanax that I will most definately be filling but it's only .25 and I am wondering if it will help me at all.  Someone please tell me if you have had any experience with Xanax and flying.  I am really afraid.
I feel ridiculous giving advice when I just posted asking for it, but I have plenty of experience with Xanax.  I've been on it for over 10 years...same dosage .... .25 and it has always worked for me. I have used it in many situations where I was extremely stressed out or afraid. It really works wonders.  Over the years that low dose has seemed to do less for me but I remember when I first took it....it was like a miracle. I'd be worrying and obsessing over something and then suddenly almost forget what it was I was worrying about. Maybe take it now, before your flight and see if it helps the pre-flight anxiety and if not, call your doc and see if you can get a higher dose just to get you thru. Try not to worry. I know flying is scary. I get scared every time and say a quick prayer and know that is will be ok. It always has been. Good luck.
Thank you so much.  I do plan to take it in the next couple of days to see if it helps (I haven't taken one in years) because I can't remember what effect it had on my body.  I really just want to be totally chill on the plane :-).
melimeli commented on Who am I?
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on mhv's status
1 hr ago
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status