ANXIETY
COMMUNITY
Xanax vs. Tranax
by badwolff, Aug 14, 2008
I recently lost my health insurance and was unable to refill my prescriotion for Xanax.  I looked online and bought some, but it came from India??  Its a small yellow pill, blank on one side and scored on the other, but no ID makings.  I don't know too much about international pharmaceuticals... but india has something called tranax.  Is there any way to ID this pill?  Perhaps an india PDR or something?
Member Comments (7)
by Jikan, Aug 14, 2008
Namaste,

Purchasing any medication over the Internet is dangerous because you don't really know what you're getting. It could be nothing but a placebo or it could contain dangerous substances or not have the effect the "real" medication would have.

If you caan afford to buy medications over the Internet, which are always high priced, you should be able to see a doctor who will refill your prescription for Xanax.

Most communities also have health centers that provide services for free or on a sliding scale, so that might be an option for you.

I wish you the best of luck!!

Michael
by Brenndy, Aug 14, 2008
The PDR (Physicians Drug Reference) book, while written in many different languages, the content is exactly the same.  I've got my PDR on CD, and I just checked out the info you requested in your post.  I did not see a listing for a benzodiazepine by the name of tranax.  There is, however, a benzodiazepine named Tranxene (brand name) made by Ovation Pharmaceuticals. The generic name is clorazepate dipotassium and is manufactured in the following dosing increments: 3.75 mg (blue colored pill, scored, with OV on top and 31 on bottom; 7.5 mg (peach colored pill, scored, with OV on top and 32 on bottom; 15 mg (hot pink colored pill, scored, with OV on top and 33 on bottom.  On the reverse side of all 3 strengths listed here appears the letter "T."  

IMO, don't take any; if you heir on the safer-side of life.  In the future, don't waste your hard-earned dough buying pharmaceuticals outside of the US; as you are only setting yourself up for being ripped off and/or feeling in worse shape than before you took those overseas "mystery" pills.

The majority of the chain pharmacies in the US are charging self-pay patients approximately 0.33 cents per 1 mg alprazolam tablet.  If you take 3 daily, that's only $30.00 for a 1-month supply. Hope that is do-able for you.  Chill.
by remar, Aug 15, 2008
like brenndy said, you can get the generic called alprazolam. it runs me $22.00 for a months supply.don't but your meds of the internet, it's too dangerous. take care. remar
by SHELLBELL79, Aug 15, 2008
XANAX IS CHEAP! ESPECIALLY THE GENERIC!
by Prizma, Aug 15, 2008
Just because Xanax is cheap, doesn't mean everyone can afford it....

badwolff: As for buying medication off the internet from India or wherever, NO!!! There have been so many studies and news stories documenting you don't know what you're getting and most of the time, the "fillers" they use for the pills are toxic. I completely agree that it's not a good idea to buy from the internet!!
by Jess80422, Jun 29, 2009
I buy them from there and I've had no problems.  It is the same quality as the 1mg xan from the US.  It's a little pricey but it's worth it if you don't have the coverage.  These people write the same thing in every post because I'm sure it is dangerous in most occasions esp buying more powerful meds, but this isn't that powerful and it's legit!  Be careful where you go and search for Tranax on answers. The website that pops up is totally legit! medsindialtd.com.  Good luck with everything
by liveinagony, Apr 26, 2014
where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!