Anxiety Community
Xanax while smoking

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Xanax while smoking

Im not sure if its okay to take my xanax while smoking?
when i perscribed Xanax for anxiety i was quitting . so i dont know if the doctor assumed i had quit and it was safe to take xanax or not.
I need help urgently because im having a panic attack.. a really really bad one.
Well I smoke and take 3 tablets a day ( 1mg each ). Just about to take a tablet now and have a smoke to follow. Have been taken xanex for a good few year now.
Just to come back in here. It is worth saying that we smoke with the thought that it relaxes us. That is just a myth. Let's be honest. Smoking doesn't relax us for one second. If anything we smoke more if we do suffer with our nerves. Smoking more can mean a mouth that can feel very dry and not exactly have a good taste within. We can also wake up more at night. Why? Because we crave for a smoke. All doctors would suggest that a person who suffers from anxiety or depression tries to give up on smoking. Simply because they are not doing us much good at all. That part is all in our minds. But I have never ever heard of xanax and smoking have some sort of reaction. That was a new one on me. If it did it should be on the leaflet that comes with your medication.
dominosarah commented on Feels like life is ov...
junaidwisal depressed Comment
melimeli commented on Feels like life is ov...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms