Xanax
Has anyone been on Xanax long term (over 6 months) without any horror stories like I have been hearing?   I have been taking .25mg once max twice a day since July and this along with 20mg of Paxil has really been helping me. I recently tried to switch to Klonopin but that seemed to make me more anxiousm faint headache,nausua, insomnia  & very zombie like.during the day.  I saw my Med NP today and she said shes no issue wth me resuming the Xanax since it is such a low dose since the Klonpin was not giving me relief. She also stated she felt that xanax & klonopin both can become addicting that one isnt any better than the other. She is having me take .50 B.I.D so i have a bit of even level in me.  I dont abuse the med , i hate taking meds in fact and I am seeing a therapist so i dont hope to be on them daily forever.
I'd appreciate any input here.

Thanks :)

Xanax gets a bad rap and usually from people who have never had a Panic Attack, keep taking your meds as you state, especially since you are smart enough to know that the meds only relieve the symptoms and are not a cure! and along with working with your therapist! you will be fine. I was on xanax and weamed off it fine, KEY WORDS "go slow", but for now stick with your meds especially if it improves your life!
I would have to agree if you do wean off of Xanax, the slower the better.  I have taken both, and had a much easier time coming off of Klonopin.  Klonopin is usually prescribed more long term and has a longer half life, but we all react to meds differently.  If you work closely with your prescribing physician, you are doing the right thing in my opinion.  
Well I had a better day today but tonite Im home & feeling a bit anxious. Then I think maybe its bc i havent taken any klonopin. I was only take .25mg over the past 2 weeks so she told me i didnt need to ween I can just stop. But of course Im still nervous about that :(
Nobody else has anything good to say about this?  It has been a godsend to me & seems to be the only think that helps with break thru anxiety. I tried Klonopin I just couldnt handle it. More anxious and zombie like.

I am glad that you have found something that works for you.  Some people prefer one med to another.  While some love Xanax, others hate it...same is true for about anything:)

While you are on this, are you going through therapy?
Yes I am in therapy. Just found a good therapist that is actually covered under my ins about 2 months ago. I dont intend to be on xanax forever but for now it is really helping me get through my day. I dont abuse it and try to take just .50mg a day although my Med Dr gave me the ok for 1mg max daily but i dont ever take that much. I dont feel I need that much rigfht now. I dont want to feel totally zonked. Just take a lil edge off when I feel like i wanna run & hide for cover :)

Thanks for your input
"I dont intend to be on xanax forever but for now it is really helping me get through my day"

that to me say's it all, really. i think that IF a person is going to use xanax for their anxiety, this should be exactly the attitude they use it with. and by that i mean far far too many people with anxiety use it as a preventitive and it simply isn't. it does so much damage when used that way. that isn't to say that if you use it every day it will do damage...but the truth of the matter is that you can imagine a person recieving a shot of demerol to get rid of a migraine. it's usually highly effective...but certainly that person isn't going to use demerol every day at high doseages when they don't even have a migraine just to prevent one. that's extremely dangerous.

so anyway...yes some people need it every day and i was one of them for a while....and as long as you use them 'the right way'  so to speak, then it can be a very very helpful med.

and i do hope this doesn't seem as though i'm saying to take them any certain way...but unfortunately so many people don't use this med the way it is intended to be used and thats the real reason it gets such a bad rep.
i should also add that doctors often allow it to be misused without ever informing patients as to how exactly it should be taken. that's even more unfortunate than someone knowningly misusing it.