Anxiety Community
Zoloft - 25mg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Zoloft - 25mg

I am 31yrs old and I have been battling extreme anxiety for quite sometime now, especially social anxiety. I cannot control the physilogical reactions - sweating, blushing, tembling when interacting with attractive women or authority figures at work. I am a nervous person who also worries alot. I am extremely frustrated as this is getting in the way of my sex life, my career and my overall well being.

I have been in therapy for over a year. I have done everything from diet, excercise, relaxation / breathing excercises, reading self help books to changing my body language but I just can't shake the nervousness - especially in front of people (strangers and people I know). For the last three months I have taken Xanax (.50mg when needed) and 150mg of Wellbutrin XL. The Xanax has really helped me feel calm in most situations but I can't take this drug on a daily basis and i don't want to because of the problems it can cause. I also think my anxiety is worse when I stop taking it. The Wellbutrin has helped get me out of the sluggish mood I was feeling. I tried 300mg but it was way too strong, besides I'm not depressed. I don't sit home and feel sorry for myself and act like some sad sack. Although I am most comfortable in my living room than anywhere else.

So, my therapist has suggested that I see a psychatrist about going on Zoloft and I am scared. I have read about the side effects and I was wondering if I should start off really small at 12.5mg and work my way up to 25mg. I have read that 25mg can work for anxiety, is this true? I refuse to go any higher than 25mg.
Tags: Zoloft
This is so funny you posted this, I am doing this now. My dr prescribed 50 mg of Zoloft (after I refused meds for a year and a 1/2) I didn't want to take 25 mg to start, so I cut it in 1/2 to 12.5 mg for a week, then went to 25 mg. I  love it! I had no side effects, although each person is different. Its worth a shot. I decided that 2008 is my year to get healthy, mentally and physically. I am NOT going to let anxiety get me. The zo loft has really helped me. Even my co-workers said that  I look so much better  and I am bubblier and even my smile is different (although I just returned from maternity leave). I hope you try it, let me know if you have a?, I was scared to!
Its worth trying, everybody reacts differently to medications.  I have just started my third one and because my doctor let me have a lot of input into it I am very positive about it and the fact is anxiety is a chemical imbalance in the brain. All the other stuff you are doing will help and promote your healing however it is very difficult to struggle with the symptoms and get well.  As so many people have told me this doesnt mean that are going to be on medication for the rest of your life, it is possible to get well and then off the medication.  What is important is to have a life.  From the sounds of things at the moment you have got nothing to loose.  Go for it an believe.  God Bless you in your healing journey.
Thanks you guys....AJPTRF, i am glad to hear you are doing well on the zoloft. hopefully i will have sucess like you if the psychiatrist decides to put me on it. Thanks.
jugglin commented on 9 months+ off Subs !!...
1 hr ago
Irisbritney Everyone says "just ignore ... Comment
maddog225 joined this community
Welcome them!