Anxiety Community
Zoloft & Floaters in Eyes

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Zoloft & Floaters in Eyes

I was recently successfully weened off Zoloft. The whole process took abou 3.5 months. The only side-effects that I have left are, brain shivers/slight vertigo and floaters in my eyes.

I know small eye floaters are common in eyes. However, Throughout the ween off process, I noticed that were significantally more than usual. And there are more in the left than the right. Just wondering how long these add'l floaters will be there.
floaters are comen,this is fluids behind the eyeball..has nothing to do with Zoloft!! ive got 2 of  them in the same eye..good luck to you!!
Thank you very much for responding. Have you had them your entire life? And have they increased throughout your life? I'm 34 years old and can honestly say the # of them in the left eye has increased. Is there any way to get rid of them?
I have an MRI tomorrow and meeting w/ a neurologist next Wed because I keep having head shakes that last a few seconds. Could this be related to hte floaters that I have developed over the last couple of months?
FLOATERS ARE NOT DANGEROUS BY THEMSELVES, BUT IF THERE IS BRIGHT FLASH LIKE LIGHT AT THE SIDES OF YOUR SIGHT, THAT NEEDS A SPECIALIST..RE: RETINA TEARING POSSIBLE. & GRAVITY PULLS FLOATERS DOWN, SO NO MANY YOU MIGHT HAVE...THEY GO BELOW SIGHT LINE.
I HAVE HAD FLOATERS FOR 8 YRS OR MORE (IM 65) & ONLY THE 1ST EPISODE HAD BRIGHTLITE FLASHES..DR.DIALATED MY EYES,CKED FOR TEARS...END OF STORY..HE NEVER MENTIONED ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM THEM...BUT..ASK YOUR DR.
Sorry, meant to say....no matter how many floaters you have, they are pulled below
your sight line by gravity....the flashes at the outer edges could mean tearing...
by themself, apparently not a big deal...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms