Zoloft and Anxiety
I am a 45 year old female. I have been struggling with depression for 3 months now, so 28 days ago my doctor prescribed 25 mg. of zoloft.  First few weeks were fairly typical as I adjusted - I slept more than usual, felt tired and had a few headaches.  I have noticed that during weeks 3 and 4 my anxiety is increasing ....prior to this I believe I was just depressed, not anxious. I am not anxious about any particular issue - I just have this pit in my stomach.  Also, it seems to be MUCH worse when I first wake up.  BTW, I take my medication about 30 hour after I wake up.

Is it possible the zoloft is causing me a new issue? Or this just a side effect while I adjust?  Another poster also mentioned "breakthrough anxiety"....can anyone give me a definition of that?  Thanks all!
I  had some serious problems when i was on Zoloft. I felt like a zombie. I sleptway to much was not interested in anything. Even the slightest smell of food made my stomach turn. I was absolutely miserable.

I personally had more issues on the medicine than i did off. Hope this helps
P.S. i am a 24 year old female who suffers severe anxiety and depression. I also had very strange and painful periods.
In the last 18 months, my periods have also changed ALOT. Much heavier, longer, lots of clots. I am having endometrial ablation next Monday, which should help. However, I am done having children, so this is a good option for me. Talk to your ob/gyn...I know there are causes for this like cysts and fibroids. Ruling those out, there are medications that can help too. Good luck and thanks for replying!
It could be making you anxious but I wouldn't give up on it just yet.  It can be really difficult trying a new med but once it starts working it can really improve things for you.  You made it this far I would give it another few weeks.  But in the meantime talk to your doctor.  I've been on Zoloft for a looong time and it really levels me out i'm currently in a bout of anxiety now because i was not taking it propertly and was under a lot of stress but just started feelign the positive effects after 5 weeks.

Everyone is different and your doctor is the best one to talk to but I would stick it out if you can...and if it doesn't work out you can always try another one.