Anxiety Community
Zoloft and Panic disorder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Zoloft and Panic disorder

I started taking Zoloft (25milgrams) 6 days ago after trying Celexa (which I didn't find helpful).  my dosage was increased  to 50 mil. 3 days ago.  Since they I have experienced quite a few panic attacks.  I am very discouraged for I was hoping Zoloft would help me.  Am I just being too impatient?  Is it normal to experience MORE panic attacks at the beginning?

Woda
I actually had switched from Celexa to Zoloft in the past and I actually prefer Zoloft.  It really depends on the person.  It can take about a month or so for it really to 'kick in.'  Initially, whenever I start, increase, decrease, or switch medications it does take some time for the body to adjust.  I actually feel a little more on edge for a bit while I start taking it.  Also, it is extremely important to remember there is no 'magic pill' to 'cure' you of your anxiety.  I am a big proponent of medications like Zoloft as long as they are combined with talk therapy...only by learning about this pattern of thinking and gaining long term knowledge, will you gain long term relief from this in my opinion....keep us posted!
kDid you go up slowly or quickly to that level?  Most of the ssris have as a common side effect increased anxiety at the beginning, along with violent thoughts, etc. etc.  Weird meds.  That's why you should up dosages slowly to see how well you tolerate them just as you wean when you quit.
Totally agree with Paxiled...While I believe they are great medications, my mantra has always been the slower the better.  Always stay in contact with your prescribing doctor to be able to express your concerns and ask questions about what you are taking.  I also stress patience whenever anyone is on them.  Keep us posted!
Learned the hard way -- had a psychiatrist totally mess me up when I went off Paxil, and for three years my life has been complete hell.  Don't want anyone else to suffer what I'm suffering.
Sorry -- made you a 20 instead of a 29.  All I can say is --  oops!
ash009 my goal to reduce 5 kgs in ... Comment
1 hr ago
ash009 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
jenjen08 How is everyone doing... Ha... Comment