Anxiety Community
Zoloft and Xanax
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Zoloft and Xanax

Does anybody have any good outcomes from taking zoloft and xanax for Anxiety and depression? I am on the highest dose of zoloft 200mg  a day, I'm just scared! Thanks, Ronna
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am on zoloft 150 mg, and my psych just prescribed me xanax, but I've been to scared to take it, for my sister was addicted. She wasn't prescribed and was way abusing, but I'm still scared. My psych did tell me though that some people take 800 mg of zoloft. I was scared about taking the 150, and then she told me that, so I'm not sure. Does the xanax help you, and does it have any bad side effects?
Blank
311051_tn?1193419806
Yes, the xanax helps, I don't have side affects from it. At first you may feel tired right after taking it though, What happenend to me was I developed a tolerance and had to keep raising the dose. That is the only bad thing, the body developes a tolerance and the dose that you start with isn't enough anymore. I feel addicted now because I take it every 4 hours and that doesn't seem like enough. Are you on any benzo's right now?
Blank
Hi Ronna,  I take zoloft, wellbutrin, and xanax.  The xanax is just to counteract the anxiety from the wellbutrin that happens less and less often as my body become adjusted to the wellbutrin.  The combination of the wellbutrin and zoloft really helped me.  I wouldn't worry about the combination of the xanax and zoloft, other than making you more sedated, but you'd probably welcome that if you are feeling anxious.   Xanax is addicting, and some folks have trouble weaning off of it, 'cuz you can only wean off with Xanax, not another  of the benzos.  With the doseages of Zoloft and Xanax that you're taking, maybe you and your psych would want to discuss a different ssri, or maybe going to a tricyclic?  Good luck to you, I hope that you are feeling better soon
Blank
how does the combo of all three effect you? and if you dont mind me asking what are you taking them to help with?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
19 mins ago
6842133_tn?1397146981
Blank
BigMoma57 commented on BigMoma57's status
1 hr ago
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
10 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank