Anxiety Community
Zoloft making anxiety worse?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Zoloft making anxiety worse?

I was diagnosed with GAD and agoraphobia.. and they put me on zoloft and xanax (to take when I have panic attacks). I have been on the zoloft for 5 days now, but I have been feeling very jumpy and excitable and it seems to make my anxiety worse. Its hard to drive because of how anxious I am now. Anyone else have any ideas or should I wait it out 2 weeks... I've heard it gets worse before it gets better... ?
In my experience with Zoloft, it definitely 'upped' my anxiety a little while I started taking it.  For me, I expected it, so I did wait it out and in the long run it really helped along with talk therapy.  Paitence is the name of the game with SSRIs...they can take a few weeks to start kicking in.  
from what ive heard about zoloft is that it takes up to six weeks before you see any changes, but it works, so hang in there, keep taking it. if after the six weeks and you see no changes, go back to your dr an tell him about how you feel.
good luck and god bless
Hang in there!! I too felt the same way when I first started zoloft. It was kinda like I was waiting for something to change, so I focused WAY too much on it and it almost made it worst at first...HOWEVER, within a week or two, I noticed a HUGE change for the better and I started feeling very happy and didn't obsess over my anxiety. Now a year later, I am still on it and hardly think about it at all (except for lately, as I am wondering if my son has it) :(
Anyways, I would suggest to hang in there and give it a try...you will be OK!!
idjust like to say thanks to all of you for helping each other out through panic and anxiety i read in here alot and it always makes me feel better. ive dealt with it for 3 years and i still have my days but for the most art thing s are great just a little edgy now with the new baby boy ! so starting back up with zoloft and like you all say im very jumpy! so good luck to all and thanks again for the encoraging words!
Hi there!!!! i just started Zoloft 4 days ago and i'm taking ativan while waiting for the zoloft to work. i just want to know if anyone felt kind of stoned and out of it when they first stared.... and if it will go away? and dont know if its one or the other, or the combination of the two.  its kinda weird, i have moments of clearity during the day and then other times i feel like i'm going crazy!!!  did i mention this is alll new to me. i started having panic attacks about 4 weeks ago. it just came on so fast. super scary! the other thing that seems to be bothering me is i have this lump in my throat and feel really nausous...will this go away?
I started Zoloft 3 days ago and cannot stand how it makes me feel, so not like myself, nausea, anxiety, spacey, cant work out, I poured the pills down the toilet.  I fiqure anything that had that strong of an effect on my body I can do without, plus I ve read about how it lowers your metabilisum and weight gain.  No thanks I will look for a healthier option
Does anyone still get on here????
started on 4 days ago can swith to night time
mishymoshymarcy I have had enough of saying... Comment
17 mins ago
Mood Tracker: September 3, 2015
1 hr ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker: September 3, 2015
1 hr ago by char1234vass
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms