Anxiety Community
Zoloft versus Prozac

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Zoloft versus Prozac

In July I was prescribed Zoloft for panic and ocd. I was just getting ready to up my dose to 50 mg when I had an appoinment with a Psychiatrist who switched me to Prozac. Despite trying the prozac now for 2 months I cannot seem to shake the side effects. I asked the psych doctor about retrying the Zoloft or a different med but he insists that I continue the Prozac. I am considering trying the Zoloft again through my primary care doctor as the side effects with Prozac are intolerable for me. Any suggestions?
Why did the doctor up and switch you from Zoloft to Prozac?  Did you tell him/her that the zoloft was not working for you and that is why you were thinking about an increase?  There has to be some sort of basis for the decision.

In any event, 2 months of prozac is long enough for you to see its full benefits provided you are at your optimal dose and for the side effects to pretty much have dissipated.  Not every medication is for everyone and I think you have found that prozac is not for you.  I wouldn't circumvent the p-doc but rather make another appointment, go in there and say exactly what you are experiencing and that you want to go back on Zoloft.  That is what they are there for...they are supposed to listen, diagnose and treat and that treatment has to be amenable to you and it is not at the moment.  If they are any good at what they do, they will listen to you and work with you to manage your panic and OCD afterall we are the ones taking it and we know whether it is working for us or not.

Good luck.  
selfmedxo commented on Derealization and Dep...
3 mins ago
Fabuloco joined this community
Welcome them!
Irisbritney how do doctors test people ... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms