Anxiety Community
Zoloft vs Celexa (Cipramil)

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Zoloft vs Celexa (Cipramil)

Zoloft vs Celexa (Cipramil)

Which have people found better are treating Panic Disorder?
I'd be careful about taking a poll on which drug people think is better. The results will include only the few people who respond and so will be statistically meangingless. The other problem is, that you may be a member of the minority who does better on the less favored drug -or something else entirely. Run the question by a doctor who has a grip on these medications, the research, trials, etc.
Everybody is different and will do better than others on some meds.I do great on celexa but you might not.
love Venora
Yep, everyone is different.  I did well on Zoloft - never tried Celexa.
zoloft did NOTHING for my panic attacks. i was switched to sinequan to find no relief as well. i will be starting celexa next week. i can let you know how i feel in about 3 weeks
I couldn't sleep with Zoloft and had breakthrough panic attacks at a low dose.  I am on Celexa (citilopram) and so far it works great.  Everybody's different, though.
Hi Yardea:
IMO both are very good but as with all antidepressants it really depends on the individual. I was on Zoloft for 5 years then switched to Celexa when Zoloft exhausted and 5 years later I am on a combination of Zoloft & Celexa and just recently switched to Zoloft & Lexapro. Eventually my doctor wants to ween me off the Zoloft to see if the Lexapro will help on it's own. For everyone it is different. Follow your doctor's advice because it is different for everyone. Good luck :)
hi.  i was wondering how celexa worked out for you.  i am on zoloft and it worked well for years at 100mg but I weaned off and went back on and it doesn't seem to be working again.  i have been at 150mg for 4 weeks and still having panic attacks.  wondering if i need to give it longer or should switch to celexa.  thanks!
celexa! it depends on your symptoms... but 4 years ago i went on it and the symptoms i described was a feeling of no control and of being in a "hole" and not being able to get out.. kind of a one step forward two steps back kinda thing.
i was having major panic attacks about absolutly nothing and i coudlnt do anything at all. i was completky on edge and was loosing control of my life.
celexa has totally saved my life! mind you, it may not work the same for you as it did for me. its best to go to your doctor and really decribe what you are feeling and how it is effecting your everyday life,
make a list before hand so that you dont leave anything out and try to describe every feeling, regardless how silly or mundane they sound.
you will most likely need to try multiple ones to find the right one. i know...it *****... but it is worth it to feel better.
It really depends on the person in my opinion.  What might be a great match for one person, may not be the right fit for the other.  SSRIs can be a little trial and error sometimes and one must consider the risks vs. benefits of any medication.  Some people choose to use them, some do not.  I am a proponent of medications like these, but they do not cure anything.  I believe they are a useful tool to use while one learns about the root cause of the anxiety through talk therapy...knowledge is definitely power in confronting and dealing with anxiety in my experience with this.  
i tiried them bof of them and they each obe of them made die to the hosoital by my docter said that its ok tho adn its not my fwualt and but that i need to try a difffernent one for the time bein.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Goldensong57 is ... Comment
melimeli Some people are angels! Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms