abrupt stoppage of prozac
Can going off prozac 20mg/daily..cause intense anxiety, almost panick, insomnia, feeling totally inadequaste, and worse..that people are sick of hearing about my chronic illness, and try to avoid me, no one cares..want to die,.out of controll. suddenly,...i
t has been 5 weeks since i stopped prozac 20 mg. daily..for 20 years..i am now having unbelievable anxiety, fears, obscessive thoughts, ticks in my eyes for 5 days, agitated, find it hard to stop talking, feeling everybody despises me and finds me a nuisance due to my chronic illness, i can't cope, nothing helps...distraction, whatever.
could this all be from the prozac? 1 week ago i told my shrink..he didn't know what to do, so he just wrote me the same old script, except i asked the pharmacy for 10 mg. caps, and after a week, i don't think i have any seratonin going on at all..i am in a black hole, scrambling to breathe!! help!!!
Sounds like you need new shrink!! I quit prozac cold turkey after being on it for 5 yrs. I know what you are feeling. Its a tornado!  After I quit I just turned to pot.  That only numbed the feelings. This was yrs ago. Years have past and I have a new shrink in my adventure toward solving my insanity, and he has me on mood stablizers, which works wonders.  Not something to numb the circus that is going on in my head. I would never recommend Prozac to anyone, jsut because of the reaction I had to it.  Each one of us reach differntly to medication.  I am on Effexor, it works wonders for me. Depacote is a mood stablizer, it works for me as well. I periodically take Serequil, but I do not like the way it makes me feel. Like I am on drugs again.  UGGG never again!!