Anxiety Community
alcohol
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

alcohol

I'VE BEEN DRINKING FOR SOMETIME NOW AND SOMEDAYS WHEN I DONT DRINK I FEEL LIKE I HAVE AN ATTIUDE AND I FIND MYSELF HAVING AT LEAST 2 SHOTS OF TEQUILA DAILY BUT ON THE WEEKENDS I DRINK MORE, WHEN I DRINK I BE WITH YOU FRIENDS AFTER WORK AND ON WEEKENDS WITH FRIENDS ALSO, SO I' M WONDERING AM I BECOMING A LIGHT WEIGHT ALCOHOLIC OR AM JUST DRINKING BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You are an alcohol addict.     Does that make you feel more at ease than being called an alcoholic?     It shouldn't because you use this drug because you don't like the way you feel or act without it.      Begin the process of seeking treatment.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Welcome to the forum.  None of us are qualified to give you any sort of diagnosis, especially online.  If you're using alcohol as a way to deal with anxiety and depression, you could be heading down a slippery slope.  It already sounds as though you need to figure out exactly how bad your "problem" with alcohol is...and the sooner the better, before it gets any worse.

There are criteria a professional would use to help diagnose alcohol abuse and any other possible concurrent conditions, like an anxiety disorder, depression, etc.

Seek some help from a psychiatrist as soon as possible so you can get a handle on this and start exploring why all of a sudden you are feeling the need to drink so much.

Lastly, if you DO have a problem with anxiety and/or depression, alcohol is about the worst possible thing you could do, as it will exacerbate those symptoms bigtime.  Sure, while you are drinking, your anxiety and depressive feelings are temporarily relieved, but usually the day(s) after drinking, you will notice a big increase in anxiety, etc...which is what often leads to abuse of alcohol or other drugs....people keep seeking relief not even realizing they are actually making their problems worse by self medicating.

The statistics of people suffering from chronic anxiety who also have a history or chronic problem with addictive tendencies are pretty astounding...which is why we must be vigilant to make sure we're not heading down a path of destruction.

Best of luck...we're here to support you...and there are also a lot of other great forums here on MH you may benefit from, the Alcohol Abuse forum, Substance Abuse forum to start with.  Let us know how you're doing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
242912_tn?1402547092
Blank
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
9 hrs ago
406584_tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 My Sister has passed on.. ... Comment
9 hrs ago