always feel lightheaded, foggy and faint
Last night was rough, had to fight hard not to pass out.  I'm sick and tired of this.  I always feel lightheaded, foggy at times, off-balance, with occasional dizzy spell so heavy that I feel like I'm gonna pass out.  I've never been officially diagnosed with anxiety, depression or panick disorder eventhough my GP prescribed me Wellbutrin which I never took, cause the side effect is Dizziness.

I figured heck I'm dizzy as it is and I'm trying to figure out the cause, so why adding more pieces to the puzzle.  I know I'm under a lot of stress.  It all started 3 years ago when I passed out at the check out line.  Squad came checked me, minute later I was good enough to go home.  Saw my GP next day, run a few tests, did a cat scan all came out neg.  3 days later at work, I started feeling dizzy again, couldn't breathe, felt like I was gonna pass out, called the squad again, checked me and minute later I was feeling ok again.

So I decided ok enough is enough, I drove myself to the hospital all shaky and all. I was admitted and a million tests later all came out negative. They sent me home next day with diagnosis " Dehydration".

Well that was the beginning of my climb to calvary, my life has been h#*l eversince.  I can't go to the big box store without running out a few minutes later.  I can't stand in check out line without feeling I'm gonna pass out.  I don't go out unless I really have too, like work and short trips here and there.  I become heat intolerant, exercise intolerant, I have horrible nightmares most nights, and I wake up with my heart racing.  Numerous time I have to pull over when driving cause I feel faint.  

I'm seeing a neurologist mid oct, for I'm affraid there may be some wrong with my head.  I just want it to stop, I just wanna be normal again.  I actually wish my docs would come out flat and say you have anxiety problems.  I'm left guessing.  I'm thinking of going to see a pychologist.  I'm writing this and those dizzy spells are coming and going.  

I'm sick of it all, I cant stand the fogginess, the unreal space out feeling, the fainting feeling, the dizziness, the floaty off-balance feeling when I walk, the smothering feeling, the impemding doom. Sorry I was so long... Does anybody ever feel like this or is it just me?  Is that what anxiety and panick disorder are like?
Hi all,
After reading all off your comments it's crazy to know how many people suffer from anxiety.
I have been suffering from anxiety for about 4 years now, and to be honest it has gotten worse over time.
My first attack was while I was at work, and it got to the point I couldn't even go to work. I have tried meds after meds after meds and none of it worked. I was prescribed with Xanax tablets and these do help me.
I then fell pregnant and while I was pregnant it got even worse, I couldn't leave the house. My little girl is now 1.
I then got myself a interest. I have always loved horses, so I went out and brought one. I have to admit this has helped me with my anxiety because this keeps me busy. I am outdoors in a open space and it makes me feel good.
I would suggest all to invest in a interest as this will help.
Now going into shops etc, I know it's hard every time I go into a shop I still get really anxious but u need to force yourself to go in. And think to yourself what is the worse that could happen. If I get anxious ill just leave. No big issue. And try doing it again another day.
By forcing yourself to do things, will help you over come your anxiety.
It is helping me.
But don't get me wrong, I still have my bad day or even week, and I just say to myself I'm having a bad day/week it will pass.
I am starting up yoga soon as I have been told this will help.
I am also seeing a new psychologist so I'm hoping they will help to.
But just remember millions of people over the world suffer from this and that you are not alone. Some people just get it worse then others.
Good luck to everyone and if anything else I can recommend I will be happy to post
Hi all,
It is helping me.
hi im new to this site but glad i found it.i have been feeling like you for the past 7months.the dizziness lightheaded  nausea fatigue felling detached it is awful.i i feel like this from the minute i wake up tll i go to bed.sleep feels my only escape .i keep telling myself i wll never get better.i feel ..for all you guys as i no what your going through.its awful.got docs appointment today so will see what he can offer.just want my life back.good luck to all you guys wish you better
I have been feeling this exact way for about 2 years now. It just started one day while I was in the shower, I got a dizzy spell, and the rest is history. Now I always feel like I am going to have a heart attack, and I am always thinking about impending DOOM. It has affected my life ENTIRELY, from my simple daily smiles to my marriage, I just always feel like I am in a cloud, usually light headed, with feelings of dizziness here and there, but always irritable and never really happy.

I have been to the doctors, had blood tests done several times, and I have been diagnosed with Anxiety, and prescribed Ativan to take as needed. Fine, but I will not take it daily, as I feel I can battle through this without being married to pills, but It makes me feel much better to know I am not alone!

I wish all of you suffering the best of luck, and am open to ideas that you may discover to help combat these awful feelings of ANXIETY.
I have these same exact symptoms for a little over a year now... did u ever figure out if this was from hormones???
Hi All,
I have done some research into a natural supplement call Panicyl.
Which i read it is to help with feeling anxious all the time, and stops you from thinking negative thoughts. I have only read good things about it. I have ordered some and will try it. And will post at a later date to let you all know how it goes.
Hmm I have a few q's.

Just found this forum from googling, very interesting.

I have had an imbalance problem for 4years! It's progressively getting worse. It's terrifying and destroying my life. I can't accept it's anxiety. It can only be physical in my mind. Anxiety symptoms are a lot less severe aren't they!
My worst symptoms are- left sided chest pain/palpitations on rest and exertion, feeling like I can't breathe, flushing sensation, bad imbalance/rocking sensation that leads me to become extremely lightheaded.

I have had lots of tests and been to AnE 36 times with this! It makes me feel that bad and so debilitating. I first though it was anxiety, but how can it be. It simply can't make you feel so SEVERE. The main two areas that concern me are my heart and brain. It's becoming a joke. I have seen many specialists and everything's normal. It is put down to migranal vertigo. But all the time...... It's stops me doing all the things I want to do and I'm really struggling. Feels like a either a tumor or heart problem to me NOT anxiety.   :'(

Until you can begin to at least accept that anxiety is a possibility (sounds likely in your case), then you'll stay stuck.  If you haven't trued to address your symptoms as anxiety and anxiety is the cause, you're not going to see improvement.

Just some food for thought.  

Anxiety causes very REAL very PHYSICAL and sometimes very SEVERE symptoms.  I've had some doozies.
I know all these,postings were almost a year ago. I have these same symtoms and have often times hoped there was nothing majorly wrong. It is quite a long and interesting story. Later good luck!  :-)
I know it's already been almost a year and you have probably moved on from this issue, but I java the same sunrooms it can be horrible. It is a very long and interesting.story on how it all began.
I have been suffering from constant dizziness for over a week. I dont believe its from anxiety. Nothing has really changed in my life. Even when I am sleeping at night I wake up from the dizziness. They have also run lots of blood work, catscans and treated me for vertigo. I will not give up until they give me a proper answer. More tests this week.
I was unaware of any particular anxiety that I may have, but I DO have CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)....ALL of the symptoms you listed I experience ALOT of the time.  I'm quite sure they CAN be from hyperventilation!   It had never occurred to me, however, with my "issue", I DO breath shallow ALOT of the time, but as CHF symptoms have increased lately, so have the ones you listed.  I definitely think you SHOULD bet your last dollar!  Thank you so much!!
Hello coconut boy, I've been reading your post and what you have described is something I've started experiencing in the last few weeks. Have you had any other tests? Are you any better? Did you get to the root cause of it?

I really hope you find an answer soon! This sounds like me when I have panic attacks. My mind feels like it either fogs over or goes blank and I also feel very off balance. If the attack is severe enough my legs and sometimes my arms feel like they've gone completely numb. It's very scary when you're out in public.
Can you have anxiety symptoms without feeling anxious at all...

i feel unbalanced sometimeswhen i walk... is that anxeity, iwas told my doctors it is?... if so how do i get rid of it if i dont feel anxoious.

this *****.
Hello everyone. I have been having the same symptoms. Back in March was the first time I actually passed out. I had just got my first tattoo and when I got done I went to the bathroom, came out and was just talking to my friends for about five minutes when my ears started ringing, blurriness stated happening, dizziness, and I got really lightheaded, and then I blacked out. When I woke up I didn't know what was going on or what just happened. I was burning up, felt really really sick, and throwing up. Everyone thought it was just because I got a tattoo. After about two hours I felt a little better and went to bed. The second time it happened was during the summer and I was with two of the same friends and we were at another friend's house. We all were just standing outside for about ten minutes when the same stuff started happening again. I looked at my bf grabbed him and I told him "I am about to black out" when then I did. After I woke up the same stuff happened. Burning up, and throwing up. Then after about two hours I felt a little better and went to bed. Ever since then I've been very scared it would happen again but it never did until I started back college. Every time I sit it class I would start feeling funny like my ears would start  ringing and I start feeling lightheaded but I would sit there and draw so I could get my mind off of it. But just Monday (September 29, 2013) I was sitting in my Math class and it almost happened. I almost blacked out. One of my friends walked me to my car where then my bf drove me to the hospital. All the doctors took tests on me but all the tests came back negative and that nothing was wrong. So they sent me home. But today when I went to CVS to get my grandpa's medicine I had to hurry up and sit down cause I almost blacked out. I don't think it could be Anxiety but I don't know. Everyday now I just have headaches really bad and nothing I take helps. Did anyone find any answers to their problems? Can someone please help me? I can't afford to mess any of my classes cause of this. :'(
Please start a new thread.  This one is old and the original participants are no longer posting.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71

Thanks!
This is me you are describing.  Mine started 2 years ago this fall after a "near" fainting spell...I was at work and had been noting a couple lightheaded spells that week and tried to ignore them.  It was the same week I was on an antifungal pill that stays in the system for about a week supposedly.  I can't help but somehow connect that...anyway the one day I was at work and was walking about doing tasks and had to sit at the computer for another task, so I was kinda running around and then sat quite fast to do the computer task but when I sat down and looked up at the computer I sort of blacked out...I don't know if it was consider "passing out" or not because I was in the chair and what I did as so not to fall on the floor was leaned back into the chair. But there was a definite moment of blackness. It scared me quite a bit so I had a coworker take me to the hospital.  They CT'd my brain and sinus, no findings.  But my blood work showed very low potassium and this is not the first time I've come up showing very low potassium in tests.  I am a water drinker and try to make sure I have at least nuts or fruit or something when I get busy so I don't go without fluids or food.  I should NOT have been dehydrated that day.   I am pointing these things out to you in the case you have commonalities BECAUSE I also have had a history of panic and anxiety attacks. I feel it is important to tell you that because I know the difference.  while you may be getting panic attacks it sounds to me like you have something also physical going on perhaps neurological in nature also happening to cause the panic.  I say this BECAUSE I first hand KNOW the feelings that come from anxiety and panic and yes you can get dizzy and not feel right but what you are illustrating is all the time and the severity of your balance issues etc is not the same thing as panic.  I really believe there is something else causing the physical sensations and then it is a trigger for fear of falling or passing out. You know they say anxiety and panic are fears without an unrealistic cause....well if you have something going wrong with your body IT IS A cause for a healthy fear that should lead us to medical attention to try to find the answer....NOT to simply write it off to "anxiety"  ...I have been struggling with trying to find the cause for 2 years and for many more years have had other physical ailments which lead some docs to think I have neuropathy and a couple docs mentioned MS so I insisted on a brain MR which showed normal but some inflammation in the cavity around my ear.  they didn't think it was enough inflammation to cause my problems with balance, so when the one doc said MS I said well I want an MRI of my spine then because you can have MS in your spine show up and not in your brain. WELL. BOY did they ever uncover some crazy junk in my spine!!!!  I have spinal cysts up and down my cervical spine and one big one on my sacrum, the very end of my cord.  They are literally a part of my spinal cord so if they inflate its b/c spinal fluid fills them, hence throwing my spinal fluid balance off kilter AND also stretching out the nerve root so neurological junk just dominos on me like crazy.  I also have a slight heart arhythmia which I have had  probably all my life which also probably contributed to my old panic attacks.  But with panic attacks knowledge is power, understand the anatomy and physiology of the panic attacks and they will not only get better...you will then also be able to tell when something is a panic attack or something else. My faith is what cured me of my panic and I believe is also what has given me the wisdom to be in such touch with my body and how it works  If you think you need to seek out docs for something physical continue searching to learn more about yourself.   Another thing worth mentioning is that I have nowhere else to live right now but in a house that has a very serious mold problem and it was about a year after living here that this whole thing hit me.  Another worth mentioning I was found to be severely vitamin D deficient which was also increasing my arythmia activity and many other health problems.  Since working very hard at getting myD levels back up things like schest  pain and bone pain have greatly decreased but the vit d defciency def caused many probalms.  It is really important to listen to your body and not just accept that we have  anxiety as if nothing can be done.  I hope you get to the bottom of your health issues and if any of the things I've mentioned are in common with you I'd like to hear about that too, because it might help us do a process of elimination....your symptoms are JUST like mine.  Was triggered by a blackout and only several days later turned into full fledged vertigo, dizziness, lightheadedness and it feels like I am surfing when I walk....so I took surfing lessons!!!! true!  Didn't go away though.  So interesting to see someone else explain it to a T how I live day to day...I can tell you mine is not brought on by fear...the foggy dizzy balance of and don't know if my feet or my face will hit the ground happens FIRST...do I get some fear then well yes I do....kinda normal to be afraid when you think you are going to hit the ground, yes? LOL.  hope to read more. Thanks for reading my HUGE reply!
looks like coconut boy isnt on ant more but i shared some stuff simliar. note from someone says we need to start new thread...learning how to use this board...hope you are getting answers
thank you for mentioning the bright lights.  My balance and dizziness is effected by light if it is very bright or a bit too dim for the task at hand...I have really felt it is all neurologically related somehow to my eyes...but I am pretty sure it is also related to the nerves in my neck and possibly related to my vitamin d deficiency.. guess I better start a new thread but wanted to type here too just in case you read it
Thank you all for posting.  To all who wonder how I was doing, I'm doing much better these days.  It is due in part because I've made a conscious effort to lower stress in my life...

meaning taking life not soooo seriously anymore, laughing a lil, adding more play time and less work work work, avoiding stressful situations as much as possible, living my life as primitively as I can.

My panic/anxiety attacks have subsided tremendously.  I still get the lightheadedness floaty feeling from time to time, not constant though, about 2 to 3 minutes long, and like a couple time a week. When it happens, I just do quick deep breathing just about 3 deep inhale exhale, and that helps.

I also notice when I drink plenty of water, the lightheaded is much less. I still get annoyed sometimes to see the dizziness won't just stop completely.  It's sad to admit perhaps once one crosses that red line, and you're aware of certain unusual body sensation, you probably will always feel them from time to time.  

It's like that "new weird" body sensation is now registered into memory, which then get replayed whenever it pleases.

TO "RonniSurfer", that's really very interesting stuff you're takling about, and well worth considering.  I will definitely look into that after the holiday. I had found a top notch neurologist in Ohio who was willing to experiment and promise to  fix me.  But it was getting way too expensive and I gave up.

To all "thank you" again, dont give up the fight, and dont give up HOPE. I wish you all a "Happy Holidays."
Hi I'm 15 nearly 16 and I'm the same I feel like I'm about to pass out everyday especially when I stand up
I had a heat stroke in July of this year. I got all cleared by a Dr. But I still feel lightheaded like I am going to pass out all day long. I likethe rest of you have gotten tired tired of feeling like this. I agree that it is probably anxiety but what do I do? My job is a canine handler and I run in the woods. I had the heat stroke in the woods running someone, so everytime I get in the woods I panick. Any suggestions?
I have this exact same thing and like you have been through many different tests, just recently I've had a chest MRI, Ultrasound, Brain MRI, I also have problems with my right ear though have had an MRI and has shown up nothing. One thing they did realise through all the testing was that I have 3 crushed vertebrae in my spine, so the other person that was talking about spinal problems may be on to something. I'm going to see a psych in the next few weeks to see if it is anxiety but all my symptoms are exactly what you and the other guy have described, please keep me informed about your progress and if you ever find a cause more so than just anxiety, because I dont believe that is my problem and it is something physical more so than mental. Life is hell living with this foggy/dizziness everyday and I really want to stop it and get back to living normally again.
Hi everyone!

for the last 2-3 years I've been experiencing the same symptoms as everyone else. Anxiety, heavy breathing, dizziness, light headed, foggy. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even here even though I know I am. This all started when my sisters finance committed suicide. We are both very very close, she's the greatest person I know, so her going through this really hit me hard, and to top it off I live in a different state then her and the rest of my family. I've avoided taking any sort of anti-depressant, to be completely honest I'm just very terrified but I've come to a point where I don't know what to do sometimes. I did what a lot of you suggested, eating better, working out, books etc. It helped for a while but I still seem to fall short.

What do you guys think about anti-depressants? My doctor prescribed me Prozac, but I never went to pick it up, like I had said, I'm scared to take that kind of stuff. Thanks everyone!
Hello, I am a 26 year old female with no health ailments, but have been feeling dizzy/nauseous for over a week now. The "cloudy" head feeling comes and goes, where I feel like my brain is somewhere else. It's scary to drive when I feel like this as my body temperature and heart rate go up, likely from getting worried and anxious. I have a history of one-sided headaches that have no apparent cause. A couple years ago, I was getting one-sided headaches that would either be shooting pain or a periodic throbbing, very different from a tension headache that would envelope my head. I was given painkillers,anti-depressants,allergy meds and none worked well. I went to physio therapy, chiropractors and massage therapy and those also did not help much. I had an MRI that came up clean. Than, after several months, the daily headaches went away, right when I thought I had chronic headaches of some kind.
Now, they seem to be back but with more symptoms (i.e the cloudiness). My doc didnt seem worried and thought they were muscular related so I have been seeing the chiro again. I take Tylenol for the headache pain but nothing helps the cloudy feeling but laying down and relaxing. I am not stressed in my life at all and had no symptoms last year when I was very much indeed stressed. Its very hard to work and function when you feel like your head is going to float away...

My doctor never had a clue what was going on with me. They stuck me on different medications guessing that it would help me but they never did a THING!

A friend recommended Dr. Ben Gonzalez in silver spring, MD and he found out that I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit that was causing blood loss that cause anemia that caused my dizziness! No other doctor even got close!

He wrote an article about what happens when doctors don’t know whats wrong.

http://www.atlantismedcenter.com/blog/everything-is-normal/

Might help you a little:o)
Hi coconutboy...I see you haven't been on here lately, so hopefully you are feeling better these days :) You mentioned you have MVP. I'm not a doctor, but I have the same thing and I've had all of those symptoms at one time or another. I can give you my personal experience that I have had with MVP. Before I was diagnosed with MVP, the doctors thought it was all anxiety. Women are told their symptoms are anxiety a lot more than men. I was told the same thing you were told...MVP doesn't cause all this and it really doesn't, but it's all related. There are symptom free people who have MVP, but I wasn't one of those lucky people. One doctor finally helped me and put me on a beta blocker...Lopressor. That changed my life, but it didn't take away every one of my symptoms. I had a super fast heart rate and Lopressor helped that tremendously. I'm still on it, but I'm on a much lower dose now. In fact, I think I am at the point where I can finally get off of it completely after being on it for 22 years. My cardiologist told me a lot of people outgrow these symptoms later in life. At the time, I thought that was crazy, but he was 100% right because I am way better than I used to be. Thank goodness I have a good cardiologist :)

Over the years, I've read a lot about MVP and many people with MVP have a lot of scary symptoms. There is a lot of controversy about MVP. The doctors aren't sure what causes what, but it's all related...anxiety plus other symptoms...and MVP. My symptoms were so bad that I had to quit exercising at the time. Every time I would exercise, I would get worse. It all started at the gym. I was doing aerobics and lifting weights for 7 years when I started having a lot of weird symptoms. I was getting bad pain in my left arm, dizziness, feeling lightheaded to the point of almost passing out, trouble breathing, and my heart rate was way out of control...240 bpm. I knew this wasn't all anxiety related, although I was under stress at the time, too. Exercise helps stress, though, right? That's what I knew, so I knew there was something else going on other than just anxiety. I was in great shape and there was no reason that I couldn't physically exercise...other than MVP. A lot of people with MVP have low exercise tolerance. I was overdoing it at the time, which I believe contributed to some of my symptoms. I'll never ever do that again.

There's a condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome. Check it out and see if that sounds like you. It's an imbalance of the autonomic nervous system and a lot of people with MVP have it. It's really not a fun thing to live with, but once I actually found out what was going on and I was treated properly with Lopressor (which was what I personally needed), my symptoms calmed down. It's scary not knowing what is wrong with you and the doctors don't understand it, either. They get frustrated, too, because they don't know how to fix it. My symptoms have come and gone over the years, but I always stayed on the beta blocker. I'm not saying you need a beta blocker at all. You may not, but I did because of my fast heart rate. What helps me and others with this condition is to stay away from sugar and caffeine, eat healthy, get enough sleep, and try to keep stress to a minimum. I would say moderate exercise, but I wouldn't overdo it. That's my opinion.

I've had this condition for years and I'm still alive, although I thought I was going to die numerous times. lol I learned how to live with it and I stopped running to the ER every time something weird happened to me. I've had almost every test in the book done in the past, including a heart catheterization at a young age...which all came back normal except for a couple of my echocardiograms. I was then told that I have a mild case of MVP. The case may be mild, but the symptoms weren't. Check out this website. It may help you. Let me know if you think you have MVPS. Of course, always go to your doctor if you feel you need to. I'm just telling you my personal experience to try to help you and any others with MVP. It sounds like you may be experiencing MVPS. Best of luck to you and to everyone here with your specific health problems. I hope you all feel better and live a long, happy life! :) Those of you with MVP, check out this website. It can help you tremendously. http://www.mitralvalveprolapse.com.
hello everyone,

Ive been going thru ur posts, it sad to say this but i feel a little bit relieved knowing that other people on this planet are suffering frm the same weird feelings i am feeling.

I am 27 years old, it all started like 4 years ago when i passed out and my body started to lack energy and even power to stand up.

i feel lightheaded all the time and about to faint with this weird discomfort in my chest and tip of my stomach, sometimes i just feel i need to press my back against something to survive, i sometimes feel that my blood pressure is low when it is not.

I went to 23 drs, and did all kind of blood tests, echos, ecg, eeg, MRI ect,,, and all my tests said i was healthy just like anybody else.

i ended up seeking the help of a neurologist since most of the drs said its all caused by stress (when am sure i became stressed after having experienced these feelings). he prescribed anti depressants so we started to journey of trying the antidepressant type that would help. tried many and many... nothing helped eliminating my symptoms, some meds reduced the weird feelings at times.

i dont think i suffer frm panic attacks, since they are short... my case is hectic because i suffer frm the same symptoms of panic attacks but it lasts for weeks, months :(

i am now not able to work or to live my life normally but am too determined to get out of this vicious circle, but how!!!!??? any suggestions?

Take care!
Glad I found this. My daughter is 14 and has been suffering lightheadedness for a few years. Doctors keep telling me it is common at her age and due to hormones and periods. She as now started her periods but is still feeling the same lightheaded feeling a lot. She is scared to go out in case it happens and it happens nearly everyday at school. She loves horse riding but it even happens when she does that sometimes. She won't even go inot a shop without feeling like it and pulling me out and wanting to go home. It never happens at home so surely it can't be anything serious. Please help someone, it is ruining her life and mine, I miss us going out together. She even wants to be homeschooled beacuse of it, but that is just running away from it isn't it.
I have been having panic attacks a lot recently although I have had themmost of my life, it seems to be getting worse that now I don't even get in the car to go to the store unless I have someone with me, I am taking Xanax............the reason I am writing today is because I went to a festival and thought that I was going to pass out and when I got dizzy I went straight into a panic attack, think I brought it on myself by worrying that I was going to have one........this is an on and off thing for me, but it has gotten worse due to the stress of my daughter passing and my other daughter fighting with me.............I am at my wits end, cant even drive for fear of having a panic attack, it was good that I googled this and found this site although it is 2yrs old, it did help to know that others are experiencing this, my eyes are still stinging from the attack even though it was hours ago, thanks
Thought I'd give you guys an update since it's been so long.  

First I must say I'm so sorry to hear how much you guys or a family member are suffering from this.  My heart goes out to you cause I remember those feelings and they are horrifying. Fighting constant dizziness and fainting feeling is the worst feeling ever.

I’ve been feeling better lately, thank God.  It's been a journey, a day to day battle, both emotionally and physically. For a moment I had lost hope, and thought I was never gonna get better.  But personally for me, I first had to accept the fact that I have an anxiety problem.  

One thing I hear over and over about getting healed from anxiety is “you must read and educate yourself as much as you can about the disease”.  
You have to learn the Do’s and Don’ts.  You have to learn the small steps.  You have to learn to take it a day at a time. The mistake I made I wanted to find this “one magic pill” that would cure me overnight.  It wasn’t happening and I was getting more and more frustrated, hence releasing more and more stress. It was a dominoe effect.

But the reality is getting cure from anxiety, panic attacks and any mental illness is a day to day affair, it’s a journey. I found several books that were really helpful to me.  One in particular is a book I got from amazon by M. Ludovic "Escaping Anxiety & Panic Disorder".  It really opened my eyes.  I found a lot of similarities like us, and the day to day steps made a huge difference in my life today.

It's a lifestyle change, but one that is a must and really doable.  No one should be living like this.  We all know that already.  But to be honest, once in a while I’ll get complacent and do the things I’m not supposed to do…  so I’ll get one of those nasty feelings come rushing back for a split second and it’ll scare the crap out of me.  No way my friends, will I ever go back there again – no sir!  

So there is hope, things can get better, and will get better.  But you have to fight, do not give up.  Know as much as you can about your condition, the doctors are not going to help us.  They think we’re nuts.  So hang in there, there’s hope.  I’m better today and so can you.

Hope everyone have a wonderful day.
Thank you for such a positive outlook :)
I am new to the forum. I feel the exact same things as you do. I have had them about 12 years but the last year suddenly it has picked up tremendously. They put me on a mood stabilizer but by coincidence i am more dizzy.
i have had every test under the sun from MRI cardiographs even angeograms I've also experienced wlevety symptom for every disease there is and I'm convinced there's been something wrong with me for over a year yet drs find nothing but severe anxiety I even spent 3 days in psych unit having psychotropic meds that I was convinced were making my heart race yet my bp has always been normal one day I woke with a cold sore on my lip and have not felt like myself since the past year has been a nightmare for both me and my family I'm starting to fear it will never endorsed
You are very much not alone. I'm 16 and have suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember, and just over the past few years I've acquired depression and I'm currently recovering from anorexia. Anyways, I've always been able to cope with my anxiety with the help of therapy every few weeks, but randomly about a month ago I got home from school one day and it was like everything just snapped. I was so depressed and so incredibly anxious my mom had to give me these pills to calm me down and help me sleep because I couldn't stop crying. I was bed ridden that week, so light-headed, my brain felt like it was so foggy. I would lay in bed and have everything happen around me but it was like I couldn't even process anything. It's incredibly scary, which of course doesn't help settle the anxiety. I was so tired from the moment I got up, had anxiety/panic attacks a few times that week. They were very intense. I got the motivation to get my *** to see my doctor because I knew I needed medication at that point to help me over the hump. He prescribed me Cipralex and now I'm taking 10mg a day. I've been taking it for about 3 weeks now. Each day is still foggy and I'm lightheaded and whatnot, but at least now I can get out of bed and walk around my house, whereas 3 weeks ago I could barely lay in bed without becoming very anxious. I'm not sleeping through the night, I've begun grinding my teeth in my sleep and for the time being I'm not going to school.

Anyways, I could just keep typing but I'll save everyone from reading my novel haha. I'm so very relieved that other people experience the foggy head/lightheaded thing on a daily basis like me! I explained the feeling to my mom by telling her it feels like there's plastic wrap wrapped around my brain or something... making me not be able to think, remember things very well, concentrate... it feels as if the solution is as simple as unwrapped the plastic wrap from my brain and then I will be able to think clearly and function again! But of course that's not the case, because it's not plastic wrap, it's anxiety.

Hang in there everyone. It might not be easy sometimes, but I know all of you will be okay (and ARE okay right now). Anxiety can be crippling but it is curable! It's not a forever thing.
Hey, I know how you feel for 8 months I've been dizzy, lightheaded,and what not. Just about 3 days ago I went to my family doctor which I trust alot great doctor. He said it was anxiety and depression. I did blood work, neurologist and got my heart looked at all perfect. I just started ciperlax to see if it will help, I feel your pain. Your strong you'll be good I always say to my self things only get better. I have been to about 10 different doctors in 8 months cause I didn't believe anyone. But everyone of them all said the same thing. Anxiety and depression. They couldn't find anything wrong with me.
Um don't feel alone.  I have had these symptoms and oh so much more.  Like something goes odd in my vision like I am hooded and things lose color or the pressure in my head that isn't pain just not letting my brain cooperate and for lack of better words, the feeling like my soul just wants to jump out of my chest and leave me totally insane.  No doctors can help.  Tried all kinds.  I have just come to the conclusion that may be my only chance of sanity is finding people who are just as insane as I.
Yeah it is now a sweet distant memory to be that thing everyone else refers to as "normal"   I need help but am so tired of saying I don't feel well to people that its just better to suffer in silence. When I am alone (rarely) I curl up in bed in the fetal position and just let go of the leash I constantly have to hold on to to maintain my sanity.  My conclusion is I am not alright in the head and most likely never will be again.  Sadness, helplessness, hopelessness, fill me when all I am trying to do is feel the joy and happiness and pride I should be feeling for my great kids.
I am glad for you.  The people in my life don't believe in mental illness, they believe it is a choice and that I can just choose to be fine.  God knows I wish that were true
Feeling Like faint Most times & feel dizzy mostly for Past 5 months, I have gone so many doctors, All Blood tests, ECG, Liver test, Bp test done But all are fine according to a doctors results, Also ear test done too not to worry about that, Finally a doctor advised me to see a psychiatrist, Because of my Chronic alcohol, Smoking, Caffeine usages + Mental stress Depression worries cause damages to the nerves of the cerebellum(Brain), So that it cause dizzy sensation, feeling like faint. anxiety Etc.. Suddenly The Psychiatrist advised me to drop all the habits like Alcohol usage, Smoke, caffeine, Coke usages etc, I stopped every all above habits for past 2 months, Also taking some multivitamin & Lonozep 2 mg( Sleepy pills to sleep peacefully Rest for brain from negative thoughts only on night times only for a month / Then no need to take any pills) Now i feel better, Also the Psychiatrist conditioned me to should not touch any of the alcoholic beverages, smoke, caffeine, coke or soft drinks for the life time, He told after 5 -6 months this problem will diagnose completely, Thanks for God, If anyone have feeling like faint or dizzy ,giddy feel long times that might be a cause of alcohol. smoke & caffeine abuse so please stop using this then you wont feel this evil issues after a month or in 2 months,You should not take a puff of smoke a bit of alcohol because it will increase the problem severe, For Ex : if you put a sand in wound what will happen? The same way of this issues,
I have the exact same thing I 've been treated for etd. Bbpv. And nothing has helped. I hate the dizzy spells and feeling like my head is not attached to my body I have been in a panic attack for about 3 months now because of it all.it's really getting me depressed I'm wondering if I will ever feel normal again
I've been feeling like this for about a month now! I've gone to the ER like 6 times in this month alone and the test results keep coming back negative. I haven't felt normal ever since and now am going to visit my neurologist to see what is wrong with my head. Any suggestions on what might help with the dizziness as I am in a soccer club and I haven't been able to play. I just really want to go back to normal to continue with my dreams and live normal life. P.S. I've watched a bunch of videos of people being killed or deaths. Could that be the leading cause to my anxiety? Please help.
Omg this is me at last I have googled the exact response I was looking for to match my symptoms.Actually feeling yukk and heart racing as I type. I too was told after an echo I had a slight leak on one valve but it was nothing to worry about. It comes n goes two or three times a day but I have gone a week n been fine. Horrid faint feeling weird tightness in chest just below sternum have to deep breathe till it passes. Also have neck n back pain upper area and arm aches though this clicks at shoulder so think it may be entirely separate issue.I don't think its panic attacks in not worrying about anything really and it can come on in middle of night when I'm asleep. So bad one time I felt I was having heart attack n got ambulance out but was ok by time they arrived well ish. Fed up with it it seems I can rush about be active n I'm fine and then when I want to have a nice rest I start feeling queer .blast of cold air and drinking water helps my diets ok and I'm not fat. Gonna read all these posts sounds so like me. Having 24 hr monitor on next week my pulse is always 50 or below and low blood pressure.
Your symptoms are exactly like mine that weird discomfort in chest and tip of stomach yes you describe it perfectly. I'm not having the docs say depression or anxiety to me I'm definitely not that sort of person I feel I cope well with stress and probably only go docs once a yr and that's me flu jab.so they are not fobbing me off with that one. I've had this intemittent faint feeling n chest palpitations on n off for a few yrs but last few months got much more frequent before it was feeling faint n sickly now its chest discomfort n racing heart which makes me feel pretty dreadful for the 10 or 15 mins till it passes.
Your comment 'oh she said something was wrong ' I too think that all time cos when it comes on you feel so awful you think eh up this could be it all over then it passes n you carry on life as before. In a way it helps knowing others have similar unexplained symptoms shared experiences n all that but its not good to find docs are not solving or getting to bottom of it either. I wish you better health for future.
Mmm you could have something there I am going through menopause no period for 14 months now . Surely it would not make you feel this ill would it ?
Have also been burping a lot after eating and drinking recently combined with the constant discomfort at base of breast bone could it be a digestive issue but why would that make my heart race . Anyone else had this its not heartburn just burping a lot.
I have this same issue, everything you have said I'm going through. Have you figured out what's happening?
Don't say impossible as I have woke up face down on the floor in a heavy sweat. I have same symptoms, and it has been over 4 months. I feel this way every minute I am awake.

I've been having these crazy symptoms on and off for years but only recently have they gotten worse. I feel a tunnel vision type experience when walking as if I need to hold on to the walls; afraid to fall. My head feels heavy and I begin to experience the sensation of impending falling. Even with the slightest bit of activity, I break out in a sweat; hair drenched. I get short of breath easily, weak in the extremities and even after sitting down, the feelings don't subside. This is truly debilitating. I've been to the ER countless times in the past; all thinking anxiety. Recently, however, I began having some bloating and gastrointestinal problems. So, I'm confused as to whether my symptoms are physical or of anxiety. I had an abdominal ultrasound done which revealed an enlarged spleen and contracted gallbladder; the doctor just prescribed probiotics...still no complete relief; still a tightness there with nausea. Second set of bloodwork showed low thyroid; never before had my thyroid tests shown anything other than normal results so kind of skeptical; low vitamin d was the only other finding. I can deal with anxiety but not the faint feelings, weakness or shortness of breath/heart palpitations...Those are the worst. Any insight?