Anxiety Community
always feel lightheaded, foggy and faint

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Last night was rough, had to fight hard not to pass out.  I'm sick and tired of this.  I always feel lightheaded, foggy at times, off-balance, with occasional dizzy spell so heavy that I feel like I'm gonna pass out.  I've never been officially diagnosed with anxiety, depression or panick disorder eventhough my GP prescribed me Wellbutrin which I never took, cause the side effect is Dizziness.

I figured heck I'm dizzy as it is and I'm trying to figure out the cause, so why adding more pieces to the puzzle.  I know I'm under a lot of stress.  It all started 3 years ago when I passed out at the check out line.  Squad came checked me, minute later I was good enough to go home.  Saw my GP next day, run a few tests, did a cat scan all came out neg.  3 days later at work, I started feeling dizzy again, couldn't breathe, felt like I was gonna pass out, called the squad again, checked me and minute later I was feeling ok again.

So I decided ok enough is enough, I drove myself to the hospital all shaky and all. I was admitted and a million tests later all came out negative. They sent me home next day with diagnosis " Dehydration".

Well that was the beginning of my climb to calvary, my life has been h#*l eversince.  I can't go to the big box store without running out a few minutes later.  I can't stand in check out line without feeling I'm gonna pass out.  I don't go out unless I really have too, like work and short trips here and there.  I become heat intolerant, exercise intolerant, I have horrible nightmares most nights, and I wake up with my heart racing.  Numerous time I have to pull over when driving cause I feel faint.  

I'm seeing a neurologist mid oct, for I'm affraid there may be some wrong with my head.  I just want it to stop, I just wanna be normal again.  I actually wish my docs would come out flat and say you have anxiety problems.  I'm left guessing.  I'm thinking of going to see a pychologist.  I'm writing this and those dizzy spells are coming and going.  

I'm sick of it all, I cant stand the fogginess, the unreal space out feeling, the fainting feeling, the dizziness, the floaty off-balance feeling when I walk, the smothering feeling, the impemding doom. Sorry I was so long... Does anybody ever feel like this or is it just me?  Is that what anxiety and panick disorder are like?
sounds like a panic attack. do not, not, not read side effects. everyone is diff. i suffered this until prozac helped, but i cant do social situations still. takes time. you might consider searching for the root reason causing this.
Sounds like typical anxiety/panic attack symptoms. If you've been checked out like you so thoroughly have been then there is nothing to worry about. Not even in the slightest. Anxiety and panic attacks are uncomfortable but that's it. Oh and I promise you that you will not pass out. It's impossible. In order to faint your blood pressure has to drop. When you're anxious your blood pressure rises so you wont faint, fall over, or even stumble. You'll be fine. Just know that the symptoms will pass eventually.
I think I know the root cause, chronic stress and divorce.  But it wasn't until I started having physical manifestations that I realised something is very wrong with me.  3 years searching why I'm so sick, and doctors cant find a diagnosis.  Granted after numerous visit to my cardio doc, he told me I have a mild condition of MVP (mitral valve prolapse) and that it's stable and not the cause of any of my symptoms.

HesAPooka, it's comforting to hear I will not pass out during those attacks, because that's my number 1 problem/weakness.  You see that's how it all started when I passed out once and it's been hell eversince.  I've not passed again after that, but everytime I get a dizzy spell, I freak out, the ground seems closer to me and my heart starts racing.  I do do the breathing exercise, I survive some, but sometimes I ended up having the full panick attack no matter how hard I try.
Why did you pass out the first time? Blood sugar?
Paramedics checked my blood sugar at the time and it was ok.  They checked my oxygen level, that was ok.  3 days later at the hospital their diagnosis was dehydration.  

It was early morning, I had a light breakfast, a cup of reg coffee, I had a vigorous work out the night before and my ex was talking a storm at my head in the check out line.  So which one is the culprit, I am not sure. Till today I'm not sure exactly why I fainted, but it was an ugly feeling.  
i am your twin!!!! my biggest fear since passing out is passing out. i avoid everything and get dizzy all the time to where i don't want to do anything for fear of it. i force myself each morning to exercise and shower but its reliving h*&*(&ll over and over. I have been reading and meditating and doing alot to try to help myself. "So Be It" is my mantra. Do it anyway. but i was agorophobic for quite some time due to this. I am learning, so very slowly, to accept this is how it is and do it anyway but it *****, it shouldn't be this way but I figure i can fight or accept, Tolle's the power of now is helping me to lessen the fear and "Feel the fear and do it anyway" book is helping too. at least i am going places again
Well dehydration can certainly cause a decrease in blood flow and blood pressure which can lead to fainting. So don't worry about it happening again. Especially from panic and anxiety. I used to feel like I'd pass out as well when I first started getting anxiety, but I've seen so many cardiologists that's the least of my worries now.
I've been doing just that, the "so be it" attitude, that's how I manage to still hold a job, make short trip to grocery store, gaz station etc... but it's no way close to living a normal life.  

The constant lightheadeness is kicking my butt.  I'm always off-balance and it makes me wonder if it's physiological or just anxiety.  Reading the posts here actually convince me a bit it's just anxiety... which actually calms me a bit.

But I'm seeing a neurologist for the first time next month, I'm hoping they find nothing wrong with my brain, then I'd definitely be sure it's just anxiety.  If that's the case then I'll pack up, get on the anxiety road and begin that journey.
You really sound like youre having the effects of depression. Im not a doctor, but I had it. Takes over your life and you dont know who this person is. I felt distant from things i loved, dizzy, saw black dots which took over my vision, lightheaded upon standing, always always tired, and moving was a task. Divorce can do that. I wasnt married, but I was with someone for 4 years and we had a civil court break up and im still not the same person. It bothers me that i feel that defeated.
i am anxious to hear what the neurologist says, i agree its no way to live but those tricks above are just my way to cope until maybe just maybe it goes away. today has been super rough for me. felt faint this morning and have not done much all day for fear of passing out. time to heed my own advice and do it anyway, ugh, so much easier said than done but if you can do it so can i :) i got caught in the "something real is very wrong and i think i am really going to die" getting those feet moving with that attitude is rough. got out my "inside Buddha's brain" book to do some meditations. that did help some.
That's me.... always on the side of  the road feeling faint....always feel heaviness in the back of my head like im going to pass out.... wake up heart racing really fast.... hospital tests found nothing..... dealing with the feeling right now.... don't know what to do anymore... crying sometimes weirdly makes me feel better... shortness in breath... fear it may be something the doctors will never find.... the thought of passing out brings on the symptoms worse... the "what if" question constantly dance in my mind...Ex: What if the doctors never find it and its too late and I die and everyone says "Oh she told you something was wrong"...or What if I pass out right now with no one around... I tried vitamins.... drinking water makes me feel a lil better... minor colds feel deadly
Please get your Hormones checked ladies...it has a lot to do with all of these dizzy/anxiety  issues...
Does a blood test check hormones? I've been noticing that around the time of my period my panic attacks are at their worst! I hate my period!
hello I have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks since last april, this morning i had the same experience of black spots taking over my vision and i felt as if I were going to pass out, I have never had this happen before. I noticed you have experinced similar things. The first time it happened i brushed it off thinking it was attributed to not getting enough sleep but when it happened a second time it really freaked me out I called a nurse hotline and they said could be low blood pressure or low blood sugar. I do not feel depressed did you ever find out what was causing the spots?  Any insight would be greatly appriciated
Thank you,
Alicia
Hi all, im new here but just want to say that i permanently feel dizzy-ish n almost off balance, just not quite right, i have been diagnosed with anxiety and panic etc..  must say im to afraid to even try these meds that they have prescribed me!  there just sitin gon the side!

i read on the net about other people experience and wow some ok but others are awful!

as for the spots in the eyes i have had them years and that for me is called ''floaters''  made much worse in very clear skies or bright lights..

I have also had every test under the sun and again all come back fine so i guess the meds are the only thing for it?  ''make or break''
I myself have dizziness all day every day, some days are good, some are so bad that i dont want to go to work, but i have to pay bills, i suffer also from depression and get a mixure of anxiety symptoms ei: chest pain, dizziness, numbness of left side, feeling of doom, alone because my peers around me just think i need to relax... i went to the emergency room 8 times in 3 months because i thought i was having a heart attack and thought my dizziness was a result of my heart not pumping the blood to my brain properly.. and all tests were negative and they state its anxiety and or vertigo.. so Im just left with unbaleivable medical bills and anxiety medication... guess i would rather have this anxiety than really having heart issues... we will fight this overactive brain issue:}
i'm going though this right now. but this is on a good day. on bad days my mind would drive me crazy with negative thoughts. as a child i always worry at times but now its 20x worse! its like i can't have a normal day anymore.
like all today i felt somewhat dizzy, light-headed, and unbalanced. plus my vision seems foggy too and sensitive to light all the sudden.

i also had the chest and armpit pains going on for a month now. i really believe that was from stress because the day i started having them i only had a few hours of sleep, got into a big argument, and was a emotional wreck at work, my eyes were so red that day from crying.
but today the pain seem to went down a lot, i can barely feel the pain.

i can't wait until Monday, this will be my first therapy appointment. Hopefully he/she can help me out!
I have the same issue, feeling on edge all the time worried about having another panic attack. My psychologist says it's common for the fear of a panic attack to cause a panic attack. It always seems to occur at the most inconvenient times, at work meetings, while driving, in a movie theater. Seeing a psychologist helps and I recommend it. It's comforting to be validated by an expert who will confirm you aren't crazy. Also, I was prescribed Xanax. Just the act of taking the pill helps me feel better, although the side effects are not so great. Also, when I feel an attack coming on, I try to take deep breaths and keep myself busy. At home, I do house work. In work meetings, I take notes like crazy when I feel an attack coming on. Just know that this is a physical condition caused by the fight or flight instinct in the cave man part of your brain, according to my psychologist.
Hi Coconutboy, I’m not a medical professional but I would bet my last dollar that you’re hyperventilating (overbreathing) as a consequence of your anxiety. Here is a list of some of the symptoms of hyperventilation. (Note: when you feel yourself getting dizzy try to slow your breathing down.)

• Bloating
• Burping
• Passing excess gas
• Pressure sensation in the abdomen
• Weakness
• Fainting
• Dizziness
• Confusion
• Agitation
• A feeling of being outside yourself
• Seeing images that aren't there
• Feeling as if you can't breathe
Im 27 years old and I don't ever pass out, but i do have the dizzyness /lightheaded feeling all day every day and the doctor says its anxiety, not a fun time thats for sure, not being able to eat properly not wanting to do anything but we do cause we have to... Im glad to see that im not alone in the world with this crap, I too wish it would just POOF be gone, but thats some wishful thinking, this all started almost a year ago.... I see lots of people that say they have being dealing with this for YEARS, like really years? why does it take so long to get rid of anxiety.... I have had an ECG, blood work, blood pressure all checked and guess what, came back fine I havent had a MRI or anything, my guess is it comes back clean, the doctor says its all symptoms of Anxiety... I want the dizzy / lightheaded feeling to go away I can deal with everything else its the annoying feeling of that motion all the time... I am now on Wellbutrin right now and only have been on it for a couple of days so who knows... I am the type that would not take meds for anything and laugh at people that would, but I guess its true Karma does come back sometime and bite you in the @$$ cause look at me now.... I do really hope it gets better from here cause it makes me feel like im going insane... :(
Iv been diagnosed with anxiety I get the rapid heartbeats the panic feelings but the worst is the constand lightheadedness its ruling my life iv seen 22 doctors. I'm just still worried will it ever go!!!!
2004 I black out crossing a busy main Road in a city center, Just before it happened, I had two really funny sensations in my head, the floor came up to me, wasn't a nice feeling. anyway next thing I knew I woke up in hospital with a very sore head and my front teeth knocked out, not a pretty sight. I had all the normal tests and everything was fine, they kept me in over night just to be sure. They discharged me and I went home felt ok, couple of days later I got the light headedness a feeling I was going to black out again, I thought oh no not again, that sensation of passing out stopped, I went to see my Doctor and of caorse went through all the test, bloods, mir ecg, scans, ENT, everything was coming back clear, so they have put it down to anxiety, I know its not that, it something else, I have good day and bad days, Going into super stores with bright lights tend to start the passing out feeling off, so I have to get out quick, I have had these feelings every single day for 9 years and its grinding me down, I want my life back, I have to force myself to go place's, and at the same time I put off going place,s I have gone back to my doctor this year to do all the tests again if need be, but this year I'm going to try and get to the bottom of it, Nothing they give me has eased it or made it any better. fingers crossed I get sorted out this time.  
I passed out in class during sex Ed last year and ever since I haven't been myself so afraid of it happening again
Hello, I hope i can help since i am getting great info from you all.  I am on my period now, it has been day 2 but the symptons started 3 days prior.  I feel slight pressure on my head by my temples, fogginess and a strange wave in my brain as if i am going to faint.  I drink 3 16 oz bottles of water a day, eat healthy 85% of the time.  I do not feel anxious at all, :(  I had anxiety in the past, insomnia attacks. which i do get an insomnai attack right before my period every month. I  just ruled it out to be hormonal. Now my period lasts 7 days so I have to wait for this weekend to see if this feeling goes away. if so then maybe it is just hormonal!  

I just called my gyn and I am waitng for the nurse to call me back to see if they can run some hornonal test.  my primary dr. refered me to a neurologist not my gyn!  I will keep you informed but for now this is a very scary feeling and i am prayng to god it goes away and I don't to have to live my life with this feeling on a daily basis ;(  

Good luck everyone!!
to pass out in panic attack is rare but not imposible.Say something only if you are absolutely sure.Imagine he faints and thinkw he ll die cause he read here itw not possible to faint with panic attack.Even with stress condition someone can faint.
stop drinking or eating anything with caffeine.stop smoking if you smoke, and dont drink alcohol.
If you can aford to go on holiday far away probably all this will disapear even if you smoke there or drink little which will proove to you that itw all psychological.Thats a great profit cause panic disorder develops as we are afraid when the next will happen but also cause we fear some serious disease is there and doctors cant find it.On holidays join a class to study anything.Like painting,cooking or martial arts.anything.especially if you go alone on holidays. Try to be social as much as posible.Avoid staying at home to much.DONT THINK OF NEGATIVE things.When the feeling comes dont get scared ,just take breaths feeling the stomach than the lungs and exert opposite.usually this minnors the symptoms or it even does not let the panic develop at all.if it fails let it travel you.it cant harm you although you feel you are dying.I know its hell on earth what someone feels during an attack.I suffer myself.
WOW, it is so great to have stumbled upon this post.  I have been experiencing the same exact symptons now since September 2012.  It all started after I attempted to run a 1/2 marathon for the first time.  I made it 2 miles before I almost collapsed.  I was able to get help and sit on the side of the road and never actually passed out.  I got taken to the hospital and was treated for dehydration and then sent on my way.  I have seen a plethora of doctors and had every test imaginable- CT Scan, every heart scan, blood tests and an MRI of the brain.  Everything came back normal with nothing to worry about.  Each MD came back saying that it is all anxiety and I just need to work through it.  Going into box stores, overly crowded places, the mall, convention centers etc. is pure he**.  Sometimes I am able to cope through it and am able to stay, others I get so overheated and lightheaded I need to immediately leave the store.  95% of the time once I leave the situation I feel a lot better.  I REALLY would like to find a way to get back to a normal routine, I used to be super super active but now all I want to do is stay at home where I am most comfortable.  

It is nice to know I am not alone in this.
I have these EXACT same symptoms!! Have to pull over because I freak out when I'm driving because I feel like I'm going to pass out!!! It's allllll day long!! Can't go into stores, nothing! I have put things back I really needed  because I stood in the line behind 3 ppl and I could feel it coming... So Ieft! In a hurry! Doctors have told me I have severe anxiety disorder and severe panic attacks and they get even worse if I'm tired!!! But I'm not convinced that's what it is... Did u ever get any results from seeing the neurologist?
@ Lil momma, I have the same thing... I cant drive unless I have someone with me because I get dizzy and I cant go into stores alone either. My heart starts pounding and my face gets hot and then I get the dizzy spaced out feeling and I have been to the Dr and they say its anxiety. I had a hard time believing this 2! I have even been to the ER and had test and blood work done and they all say the same thing. I know I have a lot of anxiety but I was thinking maybe I had low iron or my hormones were off but they say its all anxiety! Have you ever heard of the Midwest program? Well I ordered it and I have learned so much from this. I have met a lot of ppl on there web site that have the same things wrong with them. Try going to Midwest Center for stress and anxiety and get on the forum and read. Are you on any meds?
I feel the same before a month ago, any time get engulf with dizziness and feel down, loss my interest in doing any thing. I have going for severe blood test, CT scan, vitamin and calcium check. I was digonise with lack of vitamin D3 with high cholesterol  and calcium. In the mean while I did several changes in my life style like eat healthy food with plenty of green vegetable and fruit. The most important thing which I did is to pray to my almighty god and trust over him with positive wives to cure. Now, after having various medication of lack vitamin,calcium, cholesterol  with anti anxiety and with high trust in my almighty god in namaaz. I am able to overcome the situation. Now, I have few symptom left with me rest life is normal for me. I know these disease will not sure short medication but Be touch with your almighty GOD and ask for cure by heart, you will see one day you will be back into your normal life. Believe me this is the best way to overcome with the anxiety and depression. Because you are suffering with the same. GOD is Great....  
I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what the end results were. I have a been having your EXACT symptoms and it's killing me. Please find the time. MY email is ***@**** (there is a Z at the end of wolveZ)
Or you could just post in here
well i was on demerol for pain of and on for 6 years now,'
but now i have this feeeling that i going to faint i of balance ,my left hand have thingeling in it ,have some cramps in mu left side ,warm feeling thru my body and my tongue gets this strange feeling .i cant sit or stand in one place when i get this feeling i have t o walk or go lie down.
can go no where i realy dont know what else to do
You sound like you may be having some type of seizure. Have they checked you for that? Also I have started having these crazy feelings of passing out as well. I don't have to be doing anything abnormal for these symptoms to come on. I can just be sitting down and this feeling of warmth will come all over me and things seem to start distancing themselves a little bit. Then I panic and my heart races. I even have my mouth to get real dry sometimes when I have these episodes. I have never actually passed out from this but it is a terrible feeling. It scares me because I am alone at home with my 5 year old during the day and I'm afraid something might happen to me while no one else is here and he will be all alone. And driving even a short distance scares me because I'm afraid of killing everyone in the vehicle with me. I have had anxiety/panic attacks since I was a child and I'm 33 now. So I don't know if this is part of my anxiety getting worse or what. I have had ekgs and blood work done but both came back clear and normal. So if anyone can help with information please do.
Happy to find this, I get the same symptoms. First time it happened, I had a little cramp/discomfort in the heart. I feared it could be a little heart attack, I searched for the symptoms and reading about them made me panic (I now believe). Started the lightheaded, off-balance, feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I thought I was really having a heart attack, called 911, got to the ER in ambulance. There I got some EC done and it appeared fine so I got put in a waiting room forever (thanks to a slow but free health system). I left not knowing what I had, but knowing my heart was fine enough for the doctors not to be concerned about it.

I the same symptoms everyone is describing again last night. Went to the ER again, in taxi this time, and patiently waited until I got another EC done, various blood tests, some radiography of the heart. All came out negative (except two more blood tests no related to the heart which I'm waiting results for, due sometime in May).

Like someone else said, I'm happy it doesn't seem to be related to the heart. I'm 33 and the single idea of having heart problems would mess me up. I'm a dude, so I'm not investigating the hormones hypothesis.

So there's anxiety. Could it be? Why not, I'm not immune to that, but I'm not the type of guy worrying about much stuff at all, it's just weird. But anything blood related can indeed create a panic attack in me, so I'm wondering... would I have had this at all if I didn't read about heart attack symptoms in the first place? I was reading about blood flow i the heart and what not, it's very possible that this triggered the first time. But now that I know that my heart is fine, I keep thinking that I'm now actually anxious that the anxious attack will come back... I'm afraid to be in a psycological loop that I can't escape from even if I'm aware of it.

I've had the symptoms all day, have them now as I'm writing this. I do not discard the anxiety possibility, even if it's unlike me to be anxious, I've taken an appointment with a psychologist who is specialized in helping people with anxiety. We'll see how this goes. I feel for all of you who have been feeling these symptoms regularly for years. I hope I can find a way out of it and share my process with you. But perhaps this is naive and today is simply the start of something that will change my life for quite some time. I better get used to it.
So good to read from all of you, seeing how we are all fighting the same battle. We can certainly learn from one another.

I did go see the neurologist and he did a battery of tests.  He didn't really find anything pertinent to my issues. ( Just more bills ).  I did insist on an MRI and he did.  The result was neg.  That was a huge relief for me, at least I know I don't have a brain tumor.

Following that I decided I was gonna have to do this alone, because clearly this whole thing is definitely anxiety.  I started learning to push thru my day to day activity ignoring my symptoms. I even decided to take a break from reading anything anxiety related, living my life the way it used to be.  

That helped a bit, the huge panic attacks subsided, but the anxiety symptoms didn't stop.  It was very very difficult walking to target or walmart trying to ignore the floaty off balance feeling, the lightheadeness etc... I just made a conscious decision to shop thru it all.  Mentally, It hurts me horribly seeing how other people in the store going around about their business (no biggy)... while for me it's the test of time.  It reminds me of  how I used to be, and humbles me to appreciate things that I once took for granted - simple task of shopping.

I've had good days and have had bad days.  I realized this anxiety thing is not gonna go away.  Stress and anxiety go hand in hand, and here on earth we're not immune to it.  I'm just learning better way to cope with it. It's a long process and I'm taking it one day at time.  

Anxiety attack or ask them to give you a halter monitor. Have you had a heart monitor? Could be that your heart is doing crazy things but it isnt when you are checked. Wear a heart monitor to check. However, if nothing shows then I would begin working on some techniques to lower your anxiety. Anxiety is a crazy thing.....does not mean you are crazy but the symptoms you are feeling ARE REAL!!! there are also vedic astrologers who can look at your horoscope and tell you what health issues you may be having!!! Sometimes trying the unlikely can prove to be worthy!!!
Haven't read all the comments but have you checked you're inner ear. I'm experiencing this now it just started a few weeks ago and I just want to see the world clearly again. I haven't had a lot of tests done due to cost, but I'm going to see and ent specialist soon to see if I have some deep inner ear problem which apparently can cause the lightheadness dizzy vertigo feeling you describe, combine that with anxiety and it's a recipe disaster
Had an in depth inner ear test done, and ears are fine.  Honestly I realize once you've been zapped into the world of anxiety, it comes and goes as it pleases and never really leaves you.  

The sooner I accept this the less frustrated I'll get everytime they hit and perhaps the quicker I'll recover.  sad to say but may be true.
I started having similar symptoms 9 years ago, and I am an anxious person. My doctor said it was anxiety, but somehow it just didn't make sense to me because I was really feeling this in stores, or trying to go down an escalator. I finally had a particularly bad dizzy day and ended up seeing a specialist who diagnosed me with Meniere's disease, a disease of the inner ear.  I have also experienced extreme vertigo in the form of benign positional vertigo, small crystals in the inner ear.  

Fast forward to a couple of months ago, and another bad vertigo spell, which sent me to a physical therapist.  She listened to my saga and she thought I had vestibular migraines, which shocked me as I wasn't really a headache person.  I was sent on to a neurologist who thinks so,too.   The jury is still out with me, whether I have Meniere's or migraines, but a lot of the symptoms are similar.

Bottom line: there are lots of strange subclinical symptoms with an inner ear disorder including anxiety and depression.  Feeling like you are "floating" off the road when driving, difficult driving down long curvy roads, trouble in the big stores and warehouse stores, or standing in a crowd of people, or in line. Light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, easily motion sick, things like that.   Sometimes I feel like I am in a fog and can barely understand conversations, and it's always when I am feeling off balance.

Try this:   stand in a corner (in order to catch yourself). Put one foot in front of the other, heel to toe. Arms down to your side, and close your eyes. If you have trouble standing upright and have to grab on to the walls, you may well have an inner ear disorder.

Anxiety plays a big role in our lives, but it isn't always anxiety that causes our symptoms
Hello all i am 21yrs old and heck @lilmama  i am going through the exact situaltion will most of us here are! it is a very hard and tough sickness ANXIETY many peoples worst enemy ...i can totally relate to most of you feeling like your not  yourself like your in a dream floaty and always tired and like life is just aint worst living for anymore man does anxiety and panic attacks suck and its sad because many people suffer from this and we dont no or even worst think it is something horrible bad and we are never going to get cured for it but i can say myself i was on prozac nd it was driving me crazy to the edge my feet and palms would always be sweaty  and i just thought i was gonna loose it like my mind would literally go blank and i would freak out on everyone .....my situation got so bad to the point my bf  left me he must of said man my gf is a siko crazy girl lol but now i am on anxiety meds and taking some vitamins that i have heard they do miracles for people that suffer from anxiety and depressions . i dont know if some of you all those side effects and dizzneess com from the neorus serotin so this vitamins called Dolo Neurobion Forte trust me if you take this for a few weeks it helps so much vitamin a day i bearly began it but my nephew ccured himslef from anxity with this and eating healthy and greens and chia seeds!!! i plan on getting insurance because a phsycolosgist is very expensive i am broke!!!!! and how someone on this said stay close to go GOD because it is him who keeps me going everyday!!!
GODBLESS ALL <3....
If you're open to it, you might get some relief from a treatment by a homeopath or an acupuncturist. They deal with problems occurring in the body on a subtle energetic level. Often a person can feel something wrong when there is a slight energetic imbalance, but standard medical tests will only pick up the problem once it has become a physical abnormality.
Once again, if you're open to it.
Bless your heart!!! I have battled with anxiety/panic disorder for YEARS. Ever since I can remember (which is probably about 5 years old). I would avoid situations, because it messed with my head to go back to places that I felt anxiety or panic. IT WILL GET BETTER. You are NOT crazy. I have a sensitive body, and the following has helped me tremendously:
- Limit caffeine - coffee and stimulants can make it way worse
- Really limit your gluten/wheat intake (This seemed to help a LOT)
- Try to get better sleep
- Drink more water
- Get this book: "The anxiety and phobia workbook" (Sorry, I don't know the author!)
- Deep breathing
- Find a person you trust to tell your feelings to - tell them how they can help make you feel better (gentle back rub, head rub, etc).

I would get that floaty, not real going to die feeling all the time, and it was such a nightmare. I tired to keep my brain busy so I wouldn't over think things (by playing roller coaster tycoon on my computer...isn't that funny?)
I used to take Paxil, but got off of it because the side effects were too bad.

People with anxiety/panic problems are close to my heart, because I know it can rule your life. Never stop searching for answers! The more natural, the better. Really give the diet stuff a go! I started the Paleo diet 8 months ago with fantastic results. :)
wow this sure makes me feel better what the palio diet? i am over weight alot i am over 200pnds and my dr. said i have to loose weight no matter what and will both my parents are diabetic and will me i sometimes feel my sugar drops to 60 and i start freaking out besides the anxiety bieng so bad as it is ....and will anybody plz help me on how to loose weight because as soon as i workout 10mins later i am all shaky and feel stupid and weak like if i was about to pass out:( i dont kno what to do anymore and no insurance.....
GOD BLESS ALL!!!!!!!
Coomment plz!!
Hello.. i have been experiencing these same things since november of 2012,, i fell down the stairs and hit the back of my head,, since then i cannot go into a store,. be in a car.. or go anywhere for that matter.. washing my hair makes me really dizzy because my head is back and my eyes are shut.. it is getting worse ,, i have been to MANY doctors,, all say i have vestibular disorder.. and vestibular migranes (migraines),. put me on antidepessents for the migranes (migraines) ,, said it takes a month to work,, its only been 3 days and i start vestibular rehab in 2 weeks. i also have thyroid disease and lupus,, please have your docs do ALOT of blood work and ask about vestibular disorder... it helps knowing i am not alone here.. i just went to the store for the first time in months and every step i took made me feel like i wanted to just lay on the floor,, worst feeling ever..
In January 2102 a few of us were at a bar. I had a couple of beers, I mean a couple, and started to feel like I was going to throw up so I went outside. I was very dizzy so I went to a friends car. I sat in the passenger front seat for 3 hours. Every noise was very loud, every smell was 10x what it normally was, every slight movement made me want to through up. I thought I was having a stroke. I went to the Doctor, had all the tests done and nothing abnormal was found. Every since then I get dizzy if I stand up to quick, I feel detached, gravity feels like it is winning all the time. I do sleep well but get very tired sometimes for no reason. My heart feels like it is going to pound out of my chest sometimes. I cant concentrate for very long or get distracted easy. I went back to the Doctor and he said I have Asthma. How do you suddenly get Asthma at 50? I tried the inhaler but I thought my heart was going to explode. Every month things get worse. I feel like I am going to have a heart attack or pass out and never wake up.
Hi I have anxiety too - but we are not crazy - It has a lot to do with our hormones and the food we eat. We are putting in a lot of junk food and expecting our bodies to function on it - our brain has to have the nutrients to function properly. It may not be the complete answer but the benefit is everyone can get healthier.
Cut out all junk foods and really limit breads - No Soft drinks with aspartame in them for example diet soda's. You don't have to do this all at once, its best if you don't - cut down slowly and try eating a big fresh salad everyday. Best is Fresh Meats, Salads, Vegetables, rice, small amount of fruit (as high in sugar) And Drink Water, herbal teas. And do some gentle exercise you can do 10 mins of exercise 4 x daily you do not have to do it in one go. Just move.  
Also best to eat smaller more often to keep blood sugars level. You can eat salad and veg often as you like. You will get cravings but tell yourself you can have something like a chocolate once or twice a week as a treat. Best of all don't be hard on yourself if you have a bad day just resolve to do better the next day. Try to smile even if you don't feel like it as when you smile you start to feel better, it affects the hormones in a positive way. Also get some good sleep, best to go to bed before 10pm if its possible.
Relax and watch funny things on tv not the doom and gloom stuff.

Good luck to you and all
Jaycee

Hi all,
After reading all off your comments it's crazy to know how many people suffer from anxiety.
I have been suffering from anxiety for about 4 years now, and to be honest it has gotten worse over time.
My first attack was while I was at work, and it got to the point I couldn't even go to work. I have tried meds after meds after meds and none of it worked. I was prescribed with Xanax tablets and these do help me.
I then fell pregnant and while I was pregnant it got even worse, I couldn't leave the house. My little girl is now 1.
I then got myself a interest. I have always loved horses, so I went out and brought one. I have to admit this has helped me with my anxiety because this keeps me busy. I am outdoors in a open space and it makes me feel good.
I would suggest all to invest in a interest as this will help.
Now going into shops etc, I know it's hard every time I go into a shop I still get really anxious but u need to force yourself to go in. And think to yourself what is the worse that could happen. If I get anxious ill just leave. No big issue. And try doing it again another day.
By forcing yourself to do things, will help you over come your anxiety.
It is helping me.
But don't get me wrong, I still have my bad day or even week, and I just say to myself I'm having a bad day/week it will pass.
I am starting up yoga soon as I have been told this will help.
I am also seeing a new psychologist so I'm hoping they will help to.
But just remember millions of people over the world suffer from this and that you are not alone. Some people just get it worse then others.
Good luck to everyone and if anything else I can recommend I will be happy to post
Hi all,
It is helping me.
hi im new to this site but glad i found it.i have been feeling like you for the past 7months.the dizziness lightheaded  nausea fatigue felling detached it is awful.i i feel like this from the minute i wake up tll i go to bed.sleep feels my only escape .i keep telling myself i wll never get better.i feel ..for all you guys as i no what your going through.its awful.got docs appointment today so will see what he can offer.just want my life back.good luck to all you guys wish you better
I have been feeling this exact way for about 2 years now. It just started one day while I was in the shower, I got a dizzy spell, and the rest is history. Now I always feel like I am going to have a heart attack, and I am always thinking about impending DOOM. It has affected my life ENTIRELY, from my simple daily smiles to my marriage, I just always feel like I am in a cloud, usually light headed, with feelings of dizziness here and there, but always irritable and never really happy.

I have been to the doctors, had blood tests done several times, and I have been diagnosed with Anxiety, and prescribed Ativan to take as needed. Fine, but I will not take it daily, as I feel I can battle through this without being married to pills, but It makes me feel much better to know I am not alone!

I wish all of you suffering the best of luck, and am open to ideas that you may discover to help combat these awful feelings of ANXIETY.
I have these same exact symptoms for a little over a year now... did u ever figure out if this was from hormones???
Hi All,
I have done some research into a natural supplement call Panicyl.
Which i read it is to help with feeling anxious all the time, and stops you from thinking negative thoughts. I have only read good things about it. I have ordered some and will try it. And will post at a later date to let you all know how it goes.
Hmm I have a few q's.

Just found this forum from googling, very interesting.

I have had an imbalance problem for 4years! It's progressively getting worse. It's terrifying and destroying my life. I can't accept it's anxiety. It can only be physical in my mind. Anxiety symptoms are a lot less severe aren't they!
My worst symptoms are- left sided chest pain/palpitations on rest and exertion, feeling like I can't breathe, flushing sensation, bad imbalance/rocking sensation that leads me to become extremely lightheaded.

I have had lots of tests and been to AnE 36 times with this! It makes me feel that bad and so debilitating. I first though it was anxiety, but how can it be. It simply can't make you feel so SEVERE. The main two areas that concern me are my heart and brain. It's becoming a joke. I have seen many specialists and everything's normal. It is put down to migranal vertigo. But all the time...... It's stops me doing all the things I want to do and I'm really struggling. Feels like a either a tumor or heart problem to me NOT anxiety.   :'(

Until you can begin to at least accept that anxiety is a possibility (sounds likely in your case), then you'll stay stuck.  If you haven't trued to address your symptoms as anxiety and anxiety is the cause, you're not going to see improvement.

Just some food for thought.  

Anxiety causes very REAL very PHYSICAL and sometimes very SEVERE symptoms.  I've had some doozies.
I know all these,postings were almost a year ago. I have these same symtoms (symptoms) and have often times hoped there was nothing majorly wrong. It is quite a long and interesting story. Later good luck!  :-)
I know it's already been almost a year and you have probably moved on from this issue, but I java the same sunrooms it can be horrible. It is a very long and interesting.story on how it all began.
I have been suffering from constant dizziness for over a week. I dont believe its from anxiety. Nothing has really changed in my life. Even when I am sleeping at night I wake up from the dizziness. They have also run lots of blood work, catscans and treated me for vertigo. I will not give up until they give me a proper answer. More tests this week.
I was unaware of any particular anxiety that I may have, but I DO have CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)....ALL of the symptoms you listed I experience ALOT of the time.  I'm quite sure they CAN be from hyperventilation!   It had never occurred to me, however, with my "issue", I DO breath shallow ALOT of the time, but as CHF symptoms have increased lately, so have the ones you listed.  I definitely think you SHOULD bet your last dollar!  Thank you so much!!
Hello coconut boy, I've been reading your post and what you have described is something I've started experiencing in the last few weeks. Have you had any other tests? Are you any better? Did you get to the root cause of it?

I really hope you find an answer soon! This sounds like me when I have panic attacks. My mind feels like it either fogs over or goes blank and I also feel very off balance. If the attack is severe enough my legs and sometimes my arms feel like they've gone completely numb. It's very scary when you're out in public.
Can you have anxiety symptoms without feeling anxious at all...

i feel unbalanced sometimeswhen i walk... is that anxeity, iwas told my doctors it is?... if so how do i get rid of it if i dont feel anxoious.

this *****.
Hello everyone. I have been having the same symptoms. Back in March was the first time I actually passed out. I had just got my first tattoo and when I got done I went to the bathroom, came out and was just talking to my friends for about five minutes when my ears started ringing, blurriness stated happening, dizziness, and I got really lightheaded, and then I blacked out. When I woke up I didn't know what was going on or what just happened. I was burning up, felt really really sick, and throwing up. Everyone thought it was just because I got a tattoo. After about two hours I felt a little better and went to bed. The second time it happened was during the summer and I was with two of the same friends and we were at another friend's house. We all were just standing outside for about ten minutes when the same stuff started happening again. I looked at my bf grabbed him and I told him "I am about to black out" when then I did. After I woke up the same stuff happened. Burning up, and throwing up. Then after about two hours I felt a little better and went to bed. Ever since then I've been very scared it would happen again but it never did until I started back college. Every time I sit it class I would start feeling funny like my ears would start  ringing and I start feeling lightheaded but I would sit there and draw so I could get my mind off of it. But just Monday (September 29, 2013) I was sitting in my Math class and it almost happened. I almost blacked out. One of my friends walked me to my car where then my bf drove me to the hospital. All the doctors took tests on me but all the tests came back negative and that nothing was wrong. So they sent me home. But today when I went to CVS to get my grandpa's medicine I had to hurry up and sit down cause I almost blacked out. I don't think it could be Anxiety but I don't know. Everyday now I just have headaches really bad and nothing I take helps. Did anyone find any answers to their problems? Can someone please help me? I can't afford to mess any of my classes cause of this. :'(
Please start a new thread.  This one is old and the original participants are no longer posting.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/new_with_new_subject?forum_id=71

Thanks!
This is me you are describing.  Mine started 2 years ago this fall after a "near" fainting spell...I was at work and had been noting a couple lightheaded spells that week and tried to ignore them.  It was the same week I was on an antifungal pill that stays in the system for about a week supposedly.  I can't help but somehow connect that...anyway the one day I was at work and was walking about doing tasks and had to sit at the computer for another task, so I was kinda running around and then sat quite fast to do the computer task but when I sat down and looked up at the computer I sort of blacked out...I don't know if it was consider "passing out" or not because I was in the chair and what I did as so not to fall on the floor was leaned back into the chair. But there was a definite moment of blackness. It scared me quite a bit so I had a coworker take me to the hospital.  They CT'd my brain and sinus, no findings.  But my blood work showed very low potassium and this is not the first time I've come up showing very low potassium in tests.  I am a water drinker and try to make sure I have at least nuts or fruit or something when I get busy so I don't go without fluids or food.  I should NOT have been dehydrated that day.   I am pointing these things out to you in the case you have commonalities BECAUSE I also have had a history of panic and anxiety attacks. I feel it is important to tell you that because I know the difference.  while you may be getting panic attacks it sounds to me like you have something also physical going on perhaps neurological in nature also happening to cause the panic.  I say this BECAUSE I first hand KNOW the feelings that come from anxiety and panic and yes you can get dizzy and not feel right but what you are illustrating is all the time and the severity of your balance issues etc is not the same thing as panic.  I really believe there is something else causing the physical sensations and then it is a trigger for fear of falling or passing out. You know they say anxiety and panic are fears without an unrealistic cause....well if you have something going wrong with your body IT IS A cause for a healthy fear that should lead us to medical attention to try to find the answer....NOT to simply write it off to "anxiety"  ...I have been struggling with trying to find the cause for 2 years and for many more years have had other physical ailments which lead some docs to think I have neuropathy and a couple docs mentioned MS so I insisted on a brain MR which showed normal but some inflammation in the cavity around my ear.  they didn't think it was enough inflammation to cause my problems with balance, so when the one doc said MS I said well I want an MRI of my spine then because you can have MS in your spine show up and not in your brain. WELL. BOY did they ever uncover some crazy junk in my spine!!!!  I have spinal cysts up and down my cervical spine and one big one on my sacrum, the very end of my cord.  They are literally a part of my spinal cord so if they inflate its b/c spinal fluid fills them, hence throwing my spinal fluid balance off kilter AND also stretching out the nerve root so neurological junk just dominos on me like crazy.  I also have a slight heart arhythmia which I have had  probably all my life which also probably contributed to my old panic attacks.  But with panic attacks knowledge is power, understand the anatomy and physiology of the panic attacks and they will not only get better...you will then also be able to tell when something is a panic attack or something else. My faith is what cured me of my panic and I believe is also what has given me the wisdom to be in such touch with my body and how it works  If you think you need to seek out docs for something physical continue searching to learn more about yourself.   Another thing worth mentioning is that I have nowhere else to live right now but in a house that has a very serious mold problem and it was about a year after living here that this whole thing hit me.  Another worth mentioning I was found to be severely vitamin D deficient which was also increasing my arythmia activity and many other health problems.  Since working very hard at getting myD levels back up things like schest  pain and bone pain have greatly decreased but the vit d defciency def caused many probalms.  It is really important to listen to your body and not just accept that we have  anxiety as if nothing can be done.  I hope you get to the bottom of your health issues and if any of the things I've mentioned are in common with you I'd like to hear about that too, because it might help us do a process of elimination....your symptoms are JUST like mine.  Was triggered by a blackout and only several days later turned into full fledged vertigo, dizziness, lightheadedness and it feels like I am surfing when I walk....so I took surfing lessons!!!! true!  Didn't go away though.  So interesting to see someone else explain it to a T how I live day to day...I can tell you mine is not brought on by fear...the foggy dizzy balance of and don't know if my feet or my face will hit the ground happens FIRST...do I get some fear then well yes I do....kinda normal to be afraid when you think you are going to hit the ground, yes? LOL.  hope to read more. Thanks for reading my HUGE reply!
looks like coconut boy isnt on ant more but i shared some stuff simliar. note from someone says we need to start new thread...learning how to use this board...hope you are getting answers
thank you for mentioning the bright lights.  My balance and dizziness is effected by light if it is very bright or a bit too dim for the task at hand...I have really felt it is all neurologically related somehow to my eyes...but I am pretty sure it is also related to the nerves in my neck and possibly related to my vitamin d deficiency.. guess I better start a new thread but wanted to type here too just in case you read it
Thank you all for posting.  To all who wonder how I was doing, I'm doing much better these days.  It is due in part because I've made a conscious effort to lower stress in my life...

meaning taking life not soooo seriously anymore, laughing a lil, adding more play time and less work work work, avoiding stressful situations as much as possible, living my life as primitively as I can.

My panic/anxiety attacks have subsided tremendously.  I still get the lightheadedness floaty feeling from time to time, not constant though, about 2 to 3 minutes long, and like a couple time a week. When it happens, I just do quick deep breathing just about 3 deep inhale exhale, and that helps.

I also notice when I drink plenty of water, the lightheaded is much less. I still get annoyed sometimes to see the dizziness won't just stop completely.  It's sad to admit perhaps once one crosses that red line, and you're aware of certain unusual body sensation, you probably will always feel them from time to time.  

It's like that "new weird" body sensation is now registered into memory, which then get replayed whenever it pleases.

TO "RonniSurfer", that's really very interesting stuff you're takling about, and well worth considering.  I will definitely look into that after the holiday. I had found a top notch neurologist in Ohio who was willing to experiment and promise to  fix me.  But it was getting way too expensive and I gave up.

To all "thank you" again, dont give up the fight, and dont give up HOPE. I wish you all a "Happy Holidays."
Hi I'm 15 nearly 16 and I'm the same I feel like I'm about to pass out everyday especially when I stand up
I had a heat stroke in July of this year. I got all cleared by a Dr. But I still feel lightheaded like I am going to pass out all day long. I likethe rest of you have gotten tired tired of feeling like this. I agree that it is probably anxiety but what do I do? My job is a canine handler and I run in the woods. I had the heat stroke in the woods running someone, so everytime I get in the woods I panick. Any suggestions?
I have this exact same thing and like you have been through many different tests, just recently I've had a chest MRI, Ultrasound, Brain MRI, I also have problems with my right ear though have had an MRI and has shown up nothing. One thing they did realise through all the testing was that I have 3 crushed vertebrae in my spine, so the other person that was talking about spinal problems may be on to something. I'm going to see a psych in the next few weeks to see if it is anxiety but all my symptoms are exactly what you and the other guy have described, please keep me informed about your progress and if you ever find a cause more so than just anxiety, because I dont believe that is my problem and it is something physical more so than mental. Life is hell living with this foggy/dizziness everyday and I really want to stop it and get back to living normally again.
Hi everyone!

for the last 2-3 years I've been experiencing the same symptoms as everyone else. Anxiety, heavy breathing, dizziness, light headed, foggy. Sometimes I feel like I'm not even here even though I know I am. This all started when my sisters finance committed suicide. We are both very very close, she's the greatest person I know, so her going through this really hit me hard, and to top it off I live in a different state then her and the rest of my family. I've avoided taking any sort of anti-depressant, to be completely honest I'm just very terrified but I've come to a point where I don't know what to do sometimes. I did what a lot of you suggested, eating better, working out, books etc. It helped for a while but I still seem to fall short.

What do you guys think about anti-depressants? My doctor prescribed me Prozac, but I never went to pick it up, like I had said, I'm scared to take that kind of stuff. Thanks everyone!
Hello, I am a 26 year old female with no health ailments, but have been feeling dizzy/nauseous for over a week now. The "cloudy" head feeling comes and goes, where I feel like my brain is somewhere else. It's scary to drive when I feel like this as my body temperature and heart rate go up, likely from getting worried and anxious. I have a history of one-sided headaches that have no apparent cause. A couple years ago, I was getting one-sided headaches that would either be shooting pain or a periodic throbbing, very different from a tension headache that would envelope my head. I was given painkillers,anti-depressants,allergy meds and none worked well. I went to physio therapy, chiropractors and massage therapy and those also did not help much. I had an MRI that came up clean. Than, after several months, the daily headaches went away, right when I thought I had chronic headaches of some kind.
Now, they seem to be back but with more symptoms (i.e the cloudiness). My doc didnt seem worried and thought they were muscular related so I have been seeing the chiro again. I take Tylenol for the headache pain but nothing helps the cloudy feeling but laying down and relaxing. I am not stressed in my life at all and had no symptoms last year when I was very much indeed stressed. Its very hard to work and function when you feel like your head is going to float away...

My doctor never had a clue what was going on with me. They stuck me on different medications guessing that it would help me but they never did a THING!

A friend recommended Dr. Ben Gonzalez in silver spring, MD and he found out that I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit that was causing blood loss that cause anemia that caused my dizziness! No other doctor even got close!

He wrote an article about what happens when doctors don’t know whats wrong.

http://www.atlantismedcenter.com/blog/everything-is-normal/

Might help you a little:o)
Hi coconutboy...I see you haven't been on here lately, so hopefully you are feeling better these days :) You mentioned you have MVP. I'm not a doctor, but I have the same thing and I've had all of those symptoms at one time or another. I can give you my personal experience that I have had with MVP. Before I was diagnosed with MVP, the doctors thought it was all anxiety. Women are told their symptoms are anxiety a lot more than men. I was told the same thing you were told...MVP doesn't cause all this and it really doesn't, but it's all related. There are symptom free people who have MVP, but I wasn't one of those lucky people. One doctor finally helped me and put me on a beta blocker...Lopressor. That changed my life, but it didn't take away every one of my symptoms. I had a super fast heart rate and Lopressor helped that tremendously. I'm still on it, but I'm on a much lower dose now. In fact, I think I am at the point where I can finally get off of it completely after being on it for 22 years. My cardiologist told me a lot of people outgrow these symptoms later in life. At the time, I thought that was crazy, but he was 100% right because I am way better than I used to be. Thank goodness I have a good cardiologist :)

Over the years, I've read a lot about MVP and many people with MVP have a lot of scary symptoms. There is a lot of controversy about MVP. The doctors aren't sure what causes what, but it's all related...anxiety plus other symptoms...and MVP. My symptoms were so bad that I had to quit exercising at the time. Every time I would exercise, I would get worse. It all started at the gym. I was doing aerobics and lifting weights for 7 years when I started having a lot of weird symptoms. I was getting bad pain in my left arm, dizziness, feeling lightheaded to the point of almost passing out, trouble breathing, and my heart rate was way out of control...240 bpm. I knew this wasn't all anxiety related, although I was under stress at the time, too. Exercise helps stress, though, right? That's what I knew, so I knew there was something else going on other than just anxiety. I was in great shape and there was no reason that I couldn't physically exercise...other than MVP. A lot of people with MVP have low exercise tolerance. I was overdoing it at the time, which I believe contributed to some of my symptoms. I'll never ever do that again.

There's a condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome. Check it out and see if that sounds like you. It's an imbalance of the autonomic nervous system and a lot of people with MVP have it. It's really not a fun thing to live with, but once I actually found out what was going on and I was treated properly with Lopressor (which was what I personally needed), my symptoms calmed down. It's scary not knowing what is wrong with you and the doctors don't understand it, either. They get frustrated, too, because they don't know how to fix it. My symptoms have come and gone over the years, but I always stayed on the beta blocker. I'm not saying you need a beta blocker at all. You may not, but I did because of my fast heart rate. What helps me and others with this condition is to stay away from sugar and caffeine, eat healthy, get enough sleep, and try to keep stress to a minimum. I would say moderate exercise, but I wouldn't overdo it. That's my opinion.

I've had this condition for years and I'm still alive, although I thought I was going to die numerous times. lol I learned how to live with it and I stopped running to the ER every time something weird happened to me. I've had almost every test in the book done in the past, including a heart catheterization at a young age...which all came back normal except for a couple of my echocardiograms. I was then told that I have a mild case of MVP. The case may be mild, but the symptoms weren't. Check out this website. It may help you. Let me know if you think you have MVPS. Of course, always go to your doctor if you feel you need to. I'm just telling you my personal experience to try to help you and any others with MVP. It sounds like you may be experiencing MVPS. Best of luck to you and to everyone here with your specific health problems. I hope you all feel better and live a long, happy life! :) Those of you with MVP, check out this website. It can help you tremendously. http://www.mitralvalveprolapse.com.
hello everyone,

Ive been going thru ur posts, it sad to say this but i feel a little bit relieved knowing that other people on this planet are suffering frm the same weird feelings i am feeling.

I am 27 years old, it all started like 4 years ago when i passed out and my body started to lack energy and even power to stand up.

i feel lightheaded all the time and about to faint with this weird discomfort in my chest and tip of my stomach, sometimes i just feel i need to press my back against something to survive, i sometimes feel that my blood pressure is low when it is not.

I went to 23 drs, and did all kind of blood tests, echos, ecg, eeg, MRI ect,,, and all my tests said i was healthy just like anybody else.

i ended up seeking the help of a neurologist since most of the drs said its all caused by stress (when am sure i became stressed after having experienced these feelings). he prescribed anti depressants so we started to journey of trying the antidepressant type that would help. tried many and many... nothing helped eliminating my symptoms, some meds reduced the weird feelings at times.

i dont think i suffer frm panic attacks, since they are short... my case is hectic because i suffer frm the same symptoms of panic attacks but it lasts for weeks, months :(

i am now not able to work or to live my life normally but am too determined to get out of this vicious circle, but how!!!!??? any suggestions?

Take care!
Glad I found this. My daughter is 14 and has been suffering lightheadedness for a few years. Doctors keep telling me it is common at her age and due to hormones and periods. She as now started her periods but is still feeling the same lightheaded feeling a lot. She is scared to go out in case it happens and it happens nearly everyday at school. She loves horse riding but it even happens when she does that sometimes. She won't even go inot a shop without feeling like it and pulling me out and wanting to go home. It never happens at home so surely it can't be anything serious. Please help someone, it is ruining her life and mine, I miss us going out together. She even wants to be homeschooled beacuse of it, but that is just running away from it isn't it.
I have been having panic attacks a lot recently although I have had themmost of my life, it seems to be getting worse that now I don't even get in the car to go to the store unless I have someone with me, I am taking Xanax............the reason I am writing today is because I went to a festival and thought that I was going to pass out and when I got dizzy I went straight into a panic attack, think I brought it on myself by worrying that I was going to have one........this is an on and off thing for me, but it has gotten worse due to the stress of my daughter passing and my other daughter fighting with me.............I am at my wits end, cant even drive for fear of having a panic attack, it was good that I googled this and found this site although it is 2yrs old, it did help to know that others are experiencing this, my eyes are still stinging from the attack even though it was hours ago, thanks
Thought I'd give you guys an update since it's been so long.  

First I must say I'm so sorry to hear how much you guys or a family member are suffering from this.  My heart goes out to you cause I remember those feelings and they are horrifying. Fighting constant dizziness and fainting feeling is the worst feeling ever.

I’ve been feeling better lately, thank God.  It's been a journey, a day to day battle, both emotionally and physically. For a moment I had lost hope, and thought I was never gonna get better.  But personally for me, I first had to accept the fact that I have an anxiety problem.  

One thing I hear over and over about getting healed from anxiety is “you must read and educate yourself as much as you can about the disease”.  
You have to learn the Do’s and Don’ts.  You have to learn the small steps.  You have to learn to take it a day at a time. The mistake I made I wanted to find this “one magic pill” that would cure me overnight.  It wasn’t happening and I was getting more and more frustrated, hence releasing more and more stress. It was a dominoe effect.

But the reality is getting cure from anxiety, panic attacks and any mental illness is a day to day affair, it’s a journey. I found several books that were really helpful to me.  One in particular is a book I got from amazon by M. Ludovic "Escaping Anxiety & Panic Disorder".  It really opened my eyes.  I found a lot of similarities like us, and the day to day steps made a huge difference in my life today.

It's a lifestyle change, but one that is a must and really doable.  No one should be living like this.  We all know that already.  But to be honest, once in a while I’ll get complacent and do the things I’m not supposed to do…  so I’ll get one of those nasty feelings come rushing back for a split second and it’ll scare the crap out of me.  No way my friends, will I ever go back there again – no sir!  

So there is hope, things can get better, and will get better.  But you have to fight, do not give up.  Know as much as you can about your condition, the doctors are not going to help us.  They think we’re nuts.  So hang in there, there’s hope.  I’m better today and so can you.

Hope everyone have a wonderful day.
Thank you for such a positive outlook :)
I am new to the forum. I feel the exact same things as you do. I have had them about 12 years but the last year suddenly it has picked up tremendously. They put me on a mood stabilizer but by coincidence i am more dizzy.
mishymoshymarcy The only way to be happy is... Comment
1 min ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
DarkVixen39 is ...feeling nauseous from... Comment