always feel lightheaded and dizzy
Hi I'm 25 female and I have been told by my doctor that i have a panic disorder. I am always lightheaded and feeling dizzy. I feel like I could pass out at any second. This is ruining my life. Im scared to do anything alone. I cant go to a grocery store, mall, nothing. I am too scared that I'm going to pass out and I have tried to overcome it but I cant. As soon as I get into a place I get so dizzy and my vision is all messed up. I get so hot and sweaty and my heart races. I want my life back. I still dont believe that its just anxiety causing all of this. I feel like I have something else wrong that the doctors cant find even though i have had bloodwork, mri, ekg, and they were all normal. I started taking .25mg of xanax once a day. still dont feel any better yet. So if anybody has any help please give it to me. I feel like i have hit rock bottom
I'm sorry to but in. I just came across this forum as i was searching for blackouts. I do not have anxiety nor panic attacks, however i have  the racing heart. This was diagnosed as Premature Ventricular Contractions or PVCs (and they say they are "nothing serious")  and my vision goes completely black very often and i feel like i am going to pass out. I passed out 4 years ago, 4 days after giving birth to my son... just check out this web site. I AM NOT A DOCTOR. I have just been through a lot with my family.  Please! It may or may not be worth your time. Please know your family history. http://long-qt-syndrome.com
I had panic dissorder for over 17 years and still have severe anxiety dissorder with added de personalisation, de realisation and slight OCD over my health just to name a few, i have had every heath check known to man and it always comes down to its just anxiety! I hate the doctors and specialists everytime they say that but think its important to get to a point where you actually accept the diagnosis and thats when my panic attacks stopped. I can still feel when ones coming on and i normally have .25 xanax everyday for a couple of days just until the fight or flight response turns off in my body. There are some really good books out there like power over panic that really helped me through the really tough times but in the end it all comes down to accepting that although i feel like im going to die from some strange exotic illness that doctors haven't discovered its actually just anxiety.  Keep on keeping on people your not alone.
i find that keeping busy can help reduce the anxiety.  when you're busy, your mind is at work on something else rather than thinking of your troubles ;) works like a charm for me, only problem is, when im not busy, the anxiety strikes. ill find myself going on google trying to find answers that only make me feel worse.  i was taking sertraline (zoloft) and didnt find it effective.  i stopped taking it and now im trying to shake the last bit of this anxiety stuff off.  meds can be good if you are in really deep anxiety though, only use them temproarily (or at least thats what i say) until you can conquer these panic attacks.  having scientific reassurance helps a lot.  since you've been tested for multiple things and show up fine, be relieved, that's perfect.  dizzyness is very common in anxiety and so is sweating.  that can go away once your mind is on something more pleasant.  hang in there and take this one day at a time until you can get over this. i know, it's hard, i know first hand and im still not completely out of the anxiety trouble, but keeping a positive mind will help.
My anxiety started when i was 23.. not too long after my first son was born.. I got dizzy once, and ever since then it's like I'm just waiting for it to happen again.. I went through the same thing.. I wouldn't go anywhere because I thought I would pass out and die!! I went to the doctor she gave me zoloft and ativan.. that helped a little, I was able to go to the store again, but I would still get nervous, but I had my ativan handy i would be in an asle and pop an ativan with nothing to drink I felt like a druggy.. but it will pass, just stop waiting for it to happen, I know thats easier said than done trust me, but it will pass i promise... try to find one thing that makes you feel safe.. like say to yourself if i take a shower i will be fine that will help.. I too have OCD and i would do the craziest things to make myself believe that i was fine, I would say if i just go sit on the porch and count the cars that go by for 5 minutes and i count all of them then nothing bad will happen.. I know that sounds crazy but I have had OCD since I was 5.. It runs in the family.. just know that you are not alone and you are not gonna die.. well maybe when your 80 and begging for it..
well good luck and keep us posted and if you feel like talking I'm here..
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to comment on the medications. I have been in the same boat as all of you ladies and gents...It a terrible disease that is VERY hard to over come. You cannot do it alone! Isolating the problem only makes things worse. Not only for you but for your family, friends, and or loved ones. Be patient, you will find something that WILL help you. I am 95% better than I have ever been. Dont get me wrong I still have my moments, my days, my weeks even. We all do. But just BELIEVE that there is always something NEW to try. Life itself is beautiful struggle. I have been there guys! Ive been to the doctor hundreds of times...screaming of my pain, crying to them telling whats wrong even if it the simplest thing but yet could be the most fatal thing as chest pain....they still say "Well all the tests came back normal".....So do NOT give up. ALL in ALL, My family doctor told me that its okay to be this way, everyone is different and everyone has different lows of a certain kind of substance in your body(sorry at the moment i cannot remember the name) . He said it is a disease, but its okay, because there is medicine out there for it. My doctor finally put my on LEXAPRO. Needless to say it has not only helped me but IMPROVED my outlook on life, my job, my friends, my family....EVERYTHING. Im such a better person to be around and could be too!!!

PS:
Lexapro has not only helped ME, personally, but a few of my family members and friends as well. As YOUR doctor about it.

GOOD LUCK and KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!
this was one of my symptoms of asthma
I have had anxiety/depression for 10 years. I've been on Prozac off and on. And have had all the tests run many times. Anxiety is SO hard to deal with. Dizziness and lightheaded are annoying!
I had a similar problem, but it only happened when I was in a car or when I tried to drive. (I coudln't drive for over 6 months) It wasn't something that I was EVER going to get over on my own. I tried relaxation, hypnosis, desensitization, distraction techniques.... but the physical sensations were just too much.  My doctor put my on LEXAPRO and it was like a flip was switched.  I've only been on it 8 days and I am 90% better.  I feel like I have a new lease on life.  I never in a million years thought it was going to make the difference it did, but like I said, I am a whole new person. The physical sensations are gone.  
lol, sorry, I have some bad typos in my post. It should say I was NEVER going to get over it on my own, and it should say that it was like a switch was flipped, not a flip was switched.  I swear, the Lexapro is not affecting my brain!! :)
Hi My name is Dale 23 year old workaholic. I have many of the same symptoms. dizziness, scattered vision, phobias, feeling faint especially after talking a lot, and my doctor wants to put me on cymbalta. Has anyone taken that med before. I fear meds because I am really sensitive to them. They are 30 mg capsules has anyone ever let some out of the capsule before....??

My name is Nina and i am 25 year old. I have all those symptoms and many other for about a year now. Two weeks ago my doctor gave me some samples of cymbalta to try, but it makes me sick just thinking of it. My stomach gets so upset and i always quit taking the meds day or two. Mine are 30mg too, so if  you try it before me please let me know how it went.
:)
I need help also. I know i have anxiety and i am only 20 yrs old. I am always light headed and i mean like always even when i dont feel like a panic atack is coming on. Can this be anxiety? I always google things and think things are really wrong with me but i am terrified of the dr.. new fear that come on about a month ago when i had a panic attack there. I guess just another fear to add to everything. For along time i never lefy my house because i was to scared and i am so scared to go anywhere alone even driving home from work. I know i will not take any meds because that is almost my biggest fear... i just know i need help and i am so scared all the time.. I just got married a month ago and i cant ever do anything because everytime i go into a store or something i freak out. I just really need to know if being lightheaded all the time is apart of it even when i dont feel panic.. the only time i dont feel lightheaded is like an hr out of the day.. please help me
your not alone. there are people out there that have the same symptoms as you can see. Let me just tell a little about my condition and experience with anxiety. I started having anxiety and didn't want to accept nor deal with it. so i let it continue. i think i was in denial. i didn't want to have that problem.  

well after about a year of not dealing with it, i started to have heart palpations, with throught the whole doc scene, took test, and the doc told me that i have PVC's. so he put me on a beta-blocker. well that didnt help the anxiety.

i had a lot of the same symptoms that you described, my biggest thing was that i could not be alone for fear that i would pass out and noone would be there to help me.. eventually i became agoraphobic.

i still didn't want to do anything about it. i didn't want to take any medication because i was scared of it.  so the problem went on  and on and i got frustrated and frustrated until i finally decide that life can't go on like this. i had no life or at least that's how i surly felt. So i went to my family doc and she tried me on an antidepressant lexapo and i didn't like it. It make me really moody plus it was expensive because i have no health insurance.  So i tried another one called Paxil, which is on the $4 program that Sams club and wal-mart offer.  And that one has helped me a lot.  

now i still don't go places by myself on any everyday basis, but i can now stay home all day without any problems, where before i could not do that. So i am still working on it.
Hey DIZZYGRL! What you are experiencing is a very common sign of anxiety. And be glad that's all you have! =)

I get like that too, when I go into big places! Like Wal-Mart! AHH! LOL.
I get really dizzy in there for some reason... maybe it's b/c everything is so open, and big, and bright lights?

It will get better. I bet youre gonna look back and see that anxiety is something you once KNEW... and no longer KNOW. =)

Good luck! =)
hey! darling, i totally understand what you feel! i have the exact same thing.my anxiety is hypochondria based, and it sounds like yours is too (with the constant worrying that you have some sort of illness.) i always feel lightheaded and dizzy too. especially while i'm at work or in class. the key is to change you thinking patterns and your attitude. you must have a positive outlook on life to pull out of this. that's what i'm working on right now, and it actually works. however, it takes alot of work on your behalf to do it! everyday, i'm hand over my worries to God and i do my best to stay positive and upbeat. when you don't acknowledge the symptoms, it doesn't give the symptoms glory which disables the power of the symptoms, and ultimately, disables the power of anxiety all together. one thing we all need to learn on here is that we all need to quit focusing on our symptoms and realize that God has given us life and we need to live it! we need to claim back what anxiety has stolen from us all! it'll go away in due time if you change your attitude to a positive one and cease in giving the symptoms any attention. hang in there, i know you'll pull thru!! :)
I am trying to deal with my anxiety. I turned 50, got laid off from my job, just bot a new house.  I also stopped taking my hormone pills.  I guess this was too much for my body and WHAM, I became the next victim of panic attacks.  
I haven't heard anyone mention numbness in one side of the face.  Does anyone get that?   My panic is in the car while driving.  I had a few times of feeling faint and I thought I was going to pass out while driving up a hill.  Doc put me on Xanax, I think it helps, but I was driving again and nothing was bothering me, then all of a suddent I again thought I was going to pass out.. by the way, I was going up a hill again .  Sometimes, it happens just as I get on the freeway.  I don't have problems except when I drive.
Now, I am feeling more numbness on the left side of my face.  I did have a cyst ( or something else) removed from that side of my face, so I'm thinking it could have grown back and is resting on a nerve and causing my problems.  Any thoughts?
This forum has helped me so much. I learned I'm not dying, there are many out there that share my problem. So to all of you that share your information THANK YOU.  This forum has made a difference to me.
hey guys and gals, my name is Lina and I am 22 years old. I am so glad I came across this forum because just like many of you, I have been suffering from anxiety and panick attacks.I have such low points sometimes that I think there is no way back and I will never get better. My family and friends simply says not to pay attention to it, so of them laugh and think that I made it all up. I have been to a psychologist, but I refuse to try medication simply because I think that It will "mess with my mind"! I have been to multiple emergency rooms around town because I was scared that I was dying. Even though every test has come back positive. I know it is in my mind and I need to change my thoughhts but I wish I knew how! I amdesperate and have absolutely no one to talk to. I am scared!
G'day All,

My Names Dave, ive had pretty much everything ive read here, constantly scrared, always thinking i have something wrong, Cancer,Stroke, diabetes, all these things come to mind. ive been in an out of hospital emergency numerous times, i get embarrised about it. My partner thinks im nuts, i see her roll her eyes, then that makes me even worse.. i have a 5 year old son, and im always worried about him, hoping his safe, im scared for everyone, not just myself..

i did download some audio relaxation techniques that i listen to when i go to bed, that helps a bit, my local doctor wont give me drugs cause he believes you should try deal with it naturaly..
but i cant afford therepy, an im kinda scared to look into it...

i think if i just had someone to talk to and know what i was going through it would help
Mind sending me some of your collection to chill by?  Thanks in advance.  Brenndy
Hey dizzy that's %100 anxiety for sure. The thing with xanax is it only last for a little while, if you have to take 2. But the main thing is to stay calm if being alone scares you just go where there's a lot of people and some friends, like the beach or something. And just always remember that anxiety CAN NOT kill you!

you'll be fine
       JON