anti nausea meds and benzos
I have anxiety induced nausea which isn't everyday any longer thank goodness!  I have three different anti nausea drugs to give a try.  I've used compazine for a long long time and like that the best.  I don't get drowsy and it works.  Most Dr.'s don't like to prescribe it because of the possible side effects.  I also have phenergan but I can only take it at night because it puts me right to sleep.  Now I have Zofran which I took last night and it did basically nothing for my nausea and I ended up getting a bad stomach ache afterwards!  Not good.
I have valium which I like to take when I feel the anxiety rise and nausea isn't too bad.  I only take 2.5mg and that usually gets me by for many hours.
Have any of you tried any of those anti nausea drugs and which ones did you like?
Stemitel ( think it is spelled ) is one I take. Don't ask me if it works or not. To me it just like a comfort tablet. Doesn't knock me out or anything. Have it three times a day. My main reason was emetaphobia ( fear of throwing up ). Hence I was given that with the other million tablets I take.
Thanks Ryan!  I love my compazine and I'm going to stick with it.  I tried taking the Zofran the other night for anxiety induced nausea and it did NOTHING!  But then I was too scared to take a compazine on top of it.
On my really bad times if I have alot of anxiety and nausea with it,  I'll take 2.5mg of valium and a 10mg pill of compazine and I'm good.
The buspar in conjunction with my paxil helped my nausea immensly!  i still get the nausea in the morning, but not too bad...
I took Compazine when I had nausea from Depakoate years ago and it had no effect. That long term side effect is of potential concern from it and all the anti-nausea medications that deal with the dopamine system. They should be taken if neccessary and of course some people do need them. I have tardive dyskinesia from anti-psychotics and I take Zofran to control it. I don't know if it has an anti-anxiety effect but it has an antipsychotic effect (which is documented) and for me a mood stabilization effect. The drawbacks I find are nausea, sedation and low blood pressure. It sounds strange that an anti-nausea medication can cause nausea (it was originally designed for nausea from chemotherapy) but I found a way around the problem was to take it with food. Then it stopped. However, it does a fair amount of side effects. I'm not aware of it being stimulating. I often have to sleep it off.
   If the Valium is working for you I'd stick with that. That's a standard anti-anxiety medication and if your nausea only comes on with anxiety attacks should control it. See how it works for you.