Anxiety Community
anti nausea meds and benzos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

anti nausea meds and benzos

I have anxiety induced nausea which isn't everyday any longer thank goodness!  I have three different anti nausea drugs to give a try.  I've used compazine for a long long time and like that the best.  I don't get drowsy and it works.  Most Dr.'s don't like to prescribe it because of the possible side effects.  I also have phenergan but I can only take it at night because it puts me right to sleep.  Now I have Zofran which I took last night and it did basically nothing for my nausea and I ended up getting a bad stomach ache afterwards!  Not good.
I have valium which I like to take when I feel the anxiety rise and nausea isn't too bad.  I only take 2.5mg and that usually gets me by for many hours.
Have any of you tried any of those anti nausea drugs and which ones did you like?
Stemitel ( think it is spelled ) is one I take. Don't ask me if it works or not. To me it just like a comfort tablet. Doesn't knock me out or anything. Have it three times a day. My main reason was emetaphobia ( fear of throwing up ). Hence I was given that with the other million tablets I take.
Thanks Ryan!  I love my compazine and I'm going to stick with it.  I tried taking the Zofran the other night for anxiety induced nausea and it did NOTHING!  But then I was too scared to take a compazine on top of it.
On my really bad times if I have alot of anxiety and nausea with it,  I'll take 2.5mg of valium and a 10mg pill of compazine and I'm good.
The buspar in conjunction with my paxil helped my nausea immensly!  i still get the nausea in the morning, but not too bad...
I took Compazine when I had nausea from Depakoate years ago and it had no effect. That long term side effect is of potential concern from it and all the anti-nausea medications that deal with the dopamine system. They should be taken if neccessary and of course some people do need them. I have tardive dyskinesia from anti-psychotics and I take Zofran to control it. I don't know if it has an anti-anxiety effect but it has an antipsychotic effect (which is documented) and for me a mood stabilization effect. The drawbacks I find are nausea, sedation and low blood pressure. It sounds strange that an anti-nausea medication can cause nausea (it was originally designed for nausea from chemotherapy) but I found a way around the problem was to take it with food. Then it stopped. However, it does a fair amount of side effects. I'm not aware of it being stimulating. I often have to sleep it off.
   If the Valium is working for you I'd stick with that. That's a standard anti-anxiety medication and if your nausea only comes on with anxiety attacks should control it. See how it works for you.
Jade59 commented on 10356's status
10356 My Sister has passed on.. ... Comment
abby32886 joined this community
Welcome them!