antihistamines for anxiety/hyperventilation??
I woke  up at 5 a.m. and could not get enough breath..I think this is what is called hyperventilation..constantly trying to get enough air, taking deep breaths one right after the next, but always feeling like the inhale cuts off before the full breath, so it is not enough.  sometimes this makes me feel like I need to yawn constantly as well, but cannot complete the yawn either..it is very uncomfortable  and terrifying..it really makes minutes turn like hours.  Anyway, I decided to take a sudafed allergy tab and it actually seemed to help.  Has anyone heard of this or used them to help anxiety?
yeah i get that all the time when im anxious or having a panic attack.  i have never taken sudafed but if one of the side effects are drowsiness then that is why it probably made you feel better.  alot of the time my anxiety and the incomplete deep breaths will go away after a couple minutes.  it ***** i know! but just hang in there
Thanks:)  Do  you know any breathing exercises or tricks that help bring it back to normal?
Im on ativan and have sleep problems i take tylenol pm two of them before bed the antihisimine in them help me sleep.  my doctor actually recommended benedral but im allergic to it so i take tylenol pm anything like that will work.