Anxiety Community
anxiety from recreational drugs...how to fix... help:(

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Anyone ever had anxiety/panic attacks brought on by recreational drug use such as marijuana, ecstasy or cocaine and then went on SSRI or anti-anxiety medication to fix the anxiety/panic?

If so, how long did you have to take the medication and what medication did you take?  Are you completely free of medication and anxiety/panic today?
hiya i blame a stupid night of taking extacy for my health anxiety if only i could turn back time!!! the night i did it i was sick and i swore it was blood which resulted in a mega panic attack, the day after i actually went to check my sick and of course in a sane frame of mind remembered i`d drunk loads of cola so obviously my sick was gonna be dark lol, i also dabbled with LSD and had a few bad trips which didn help, anyway that was many moons ago and now im so paranoid when i go out that someone will spike me which also brings on anxiety.
i dont like takin meds but they have helped many people, i do take propanalol (beta-blockers) and have therapy which is a great help maybe you should mention some therapy to your doctor?
good luck, jo
well my panic attack was brought on by smoking marijuana an drinking an energy drink. that was 2 1/2 months ago, im still feeling anxiety attacks an sometimes panic attack. its not realy normal for me to have a good week but im trying. im now on xanax an have started therapy, try the therapy an see how it gose.  scaredjo how long have you been going through your aniety?
i don wanna scare u but i have had it on and off for 14 yrs, although i have never had therapy before so im hoping i can knock it on the head once and for all, i have a major obsession with my heart im paranoid of having a heart attack, the only symptoms i get are heart related, and the odd panic attack
good luck with the therapy how you finding it?
the major reason i have panic attacks, depressiona and agoraphobia is due to recreational drug use.
lsd, exstasy, meth, you name it i did it, oh and weed on a daily basis.
one day i guess i found my limit.
started having panic attacks, had to quit everything, thought i was going through withdrawel, it turned out was anxiety and agoraphobia, i was getting back to normal again using prozac and klonopin. im pregnant now so off my meds but will be bac on them in about a month! good luck if you have any questions let me know, this all started for me about 10 years ago now.
Tomoose commented on guilt vs risk
1 hr ago
Tomoose commented on ARS SYMPTOMS vs. ANXI...
1 hr ago
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms