anxiety and menstrual cycle
Can anxiety affect you menstrual cycle? I have alot of anxiety and everytime i get my period for the past six months i get really weak im weak almost everyday from the anxiety but my period is the worst. My whole body gets weak. Been having some weird menstrual cycles as well. Never used to spot before my period now i am. Went to the doc says everything checked out fine so could this be due to anxiety?
I'm on here looking for the same answer. The weakness starts a day or 2 before my period starts and stops a few days after it ends. I feel so weak when I lift my arms I can feel them shake. I also get really tired and want to sleep all the time. My anxiety is so bad during this time of the month. I start to worry about the weakness ans shakes which causes my anxiety to get worse.
I just posted a similiar post a few days ago. I get sooooo bad during my period. I feel like I am going to die I am so weak and tired. It doesn't go away until about 2-4 days AFTER my period stops. I didn't have these issues until after my last child was born. My periods literally kick the living ---- out of me!! I am glad to hear someone else has this issue, I think I am dying during my period
I'm not a girl... lol but, I'm almost positive that stress and anxiety can FOR SURE mess with your cycles.

I know women that when they are stressed out, they miss their actual period!

And for feeling weak... my guess is a possible loss of iron from the bleeding? And it just takes everything out of you.. ?

Just guessing kinda sorta. lol.

Good luck. =)

Atleast you have a clean bill of health from your doctor. =)

Not only is my cycle weird now, I agree with the spotting thing, but my anxiety is at an ALL TIME HIGH during my cycle as well! This is by far when it is the worst!
Several days before my period I'm dragging. I'm so weak and tired it's unbelievable. Also, at night I get anxiety and can't sleep well, This just started happening in my early 40's.
I have been experiencing the same thing, I am 34. This has been happening for the last few years, off and on. The more that I have got going on in my life (moving, changing jobs, finances etc...), the more that I feel anxious...this really impairs my sleeping too, which then makes me more anxious, just being physically out of gas. I have two natural supplements that seem to help a bit that you might consider trying. One is called, Valerian Root- Walgreens, $4-5 dollars per bottle, in the vitamin section...or Melatonin and or Kava Kava. Another great remedy is called, "Anxiety Control". It's put out by the Pain and Stress Center Products. I always get them at Clarks. If you don't live by a Clarks, then I am sure you can go online and buy them on there, again...if you're interested. Yoga, breathing and Chamomile tea! I hope that these few suggestions help. I can relate and empathize with what you're going through. It just simply, *****! At least we are in this together, along with everyone else who is unfortunately experiencing this terrible feeling! Take Care!