Anxiety Community
anxiety and vicodin
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anxiety and vicodin

I've had anxiety as long as I can remember and panic for ten years. It's been pretty controlled, but friday my dr put me on vicodin for a temporary problem and sice sunday I've been noticing mood changes. I get angry very easily and have been having panic attacks.I decided to discontinue the vicodin after getting angry over nothing this morning then having a PA.Has anyone else expirienced this with vicodin? How long does it last after the vicodin is discontinued? Can this happen with other narcotic pain meds? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appriciated.
-hillary
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
585414_tn?1288944902
Any medication in that class of pain relievers has to be slowly titrated downwards with your doctor's direct supervision or you can get withdrawal syndromes which may not occur immediately but can be dangerous. It happenned to me with Klonopin which actually has less of this potential. Speak to your doctor about this right away.
Blank
they do alter your mood. i had a similar experience with xanax...not the same type of med obviously, but it goes to show that mood altering meds have different effects on different people. if the vicodin isn't working, you should talk to your doc. i don't know what it's prescribed for...but there are other non-narcotic pain meds that might help some. there's also darvocet for those allergic to hydrocodone...but there's some who say that darvocet isn't actually effective for pain...it just gets you 'drunk' or 'high' or whatever....but in my personal experience, thats all that vicodin does, too. vicodin makes me violently ill and i found that ibuprofen, tylenol and asprin all worked better than the vicodin...but i talked to my doc first, which is what you should do.
Blank
1041243_tn?1375234120
Just to clarify info for others: opiate (vidodin, herion, ect) withdrawl (withdrawal) is not dangerous. Benzo (klonopin, xanax, ect) withdrawl (withdrawal) is very dangerous. My question isn't about what to take I have motrin I'm using instead, just curious if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks you two for the feedback I greatly appriciate it. More is welcome.
Blank
I was on vicodin(hydrocodone) for awhile. I felt great when I was taking them. I was happy,energetic and anxiety free. When I quit taking them I started experiencing major anxiety and panic attacks. The doctors think that I changed my brain chemistry while using them. Unlike you I used them for awhile. I have heard that they can cause anxiety but never did for me until I stopped taking them.  I guess everyone is different. I hope you feel better!!!!
Blank
doctor put me on vicodine for severe headaches,I was in a accident & messed up my neck.long story short,when I started it it was great! no pain very calm happy go lucky.i have Been on them nod for a while & there giving me anxiety:( it *****.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1801781_tn?1373244154
Blank
littlebit667 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
12 mins ago
Blank
brice1967 commented on So much ambition, so ...
1 hr ago
1302038_tn?1401843053
Blank
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status
3 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723