anxiety at night
Hello everyone. I was wondering why and if anyone else gets or had this. Often the later it gets the more anxiety I have especially right before going to sleep. Recently it has gotten a whole lot better thank God but, now I think it will help even more if I try to "analyze" the night time anxiety. I was thinking that before I was afraid that I wouldn't wake up the next day or that if I closed the door in my room no one would be able to hear me if something were to happen to me during the night. I was also thinking that maybe it was caused from all the worrying I did during the day and that I was just emotionally "tired". I haven't had any problems that caused me to wake up in a panic although sometimes I would wake up hearing my heartbeat. The good thing is I would still fall back to sleep right away(I'm sort of a heavy sleeper). If it helps anyone what I did was confront the fears little by little. I would learn more and more about anxiety and start gradually closing the door for intervals. Offcourse this forum has been GREAT for my anxiety. Now that I look back on it I hate the fact that anxiety leaves you so vulnerable and that you almost regress back to your childhood fears. If anyone out there can relate, what do you think about this anxiety at night time? I appreciate any help.
my dad would have real bad panica attacks only when it started getting dark my mom to, it took them a year and meds to get over it , never knew why it only happen at night .
Dee, I get my anxiety at night also.
I have it all day, But I'm constantly praying that I wake up tomorrow morning.
I have fears of aspirating etc.
I fear that I won't wake up in the morning.
I get my panic attacks at night also.
i too have the same problem and hate it i wish i could help you i'm still trying to find ways to deal with it but its soo hard, jus hang in there you'll be fine
Dee, i am glad to hear that it is better.. every panic attack i have had was at night, i have had the anxiety consistantly for the first time about a week now, but it is terrible trying to talk myself out of my fears long enough to stop counting my heart rate and fall asleep.. hope you stay in relief!  sweet dreams as well! :)
Thank you all it's good to know I'm not the only one that has gone through this. Take care and I hope you all feel better.
yep...I think I fear that I will not wake up.  So when it gets close to bed time...I start talking non stop and just fidget....
I have bouts with anxiety quite often and, yes, they do get worse at night.  Recently, while going through a serious family issue, my anxiety was off the charts and I literally couldn't get to sleep; felt like my heart was pounding out of my chest and my breathing was too shallow to get enough air.  What has helped for me was exercising a few hours before bedtime--yoga and workouts with stretching help a lot.  I also have been sleeping with a light dimmed in my bathroom and my radio on (softly but enough to hear the voices).  I have a fan to give me even more "white noise."  These techniques have helped a lot for me and perhaps some will help you.  Best wishes; it's difficult to get through things when you can't get enough sleep and dread bedtime.