Anxiety Community
anxiety driving me nuts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anxiety driving me nuts

ok i know this might really seem like im crazy but im a 37 yr old female had anxiety since i was18 but it was bad for about a year then they put me on the right meds and i did fine up until about a year ago and boom it came back even worse than before im on meds and did a year of group therapy and still do cognitive behavioral therapy and i was doin really good up until a week ago. i jus cant stop with the neg thoughts and wat if thinking and for some odd reason im scared this can turn into schizafrenia or phycosis is this possible is panic disorder  usually always treated
Blank
If you've been on the same medication for awhile it's very possible that your body has built up a tolerance to it, which is common.  You should address this with your doctor.  You're doing everything right so put the worries of this becoming worse to rest. If one's anxiety has a root cause then once that is addressed via therapy and dealt with we can ease our anxiety and go on.  For many the cause is unknown and that's where the therapy and medication play such an important role.  We have to realize that anxiety is like any other medical condition requiring daily medication(s) to control the symptoms, and that's okay.
We have ups and downs, don't allow any down times to discourage you.  Work closely with your doctor regarding your medication and let him know it doesn't appear to be working......he'll know what to do.  You're doing very well, concentrate on that and not any bumps in the road. You'll get past this and continue to move forward......best wishes.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
If you've been on the same medication for awhile it's very possible that your body has built up a tolerance to it, which is common.  You should address this with your doctor.  You're doing everything right so put the worries of this becoming worse to rest. If one's anxiety has a root cause then once that is addressed via therapy and dealt with we can ease our anxiety and go on.  For many the cause is unknown and that's where the therapy and medication play such an important role.  We have to realize that anxiety is like any other medical condition requiring daily medication(s) to control the symptoms, and that's okay.
We have ups and downs, don't allow any down times to discourage you.  Work closely with your doctor regarding your medication and let him know it doesn't appear to be working......he'll know what to do.  You're doing very well, concentrate on that and not any bumps in the road. You'll get past this and continue to move forward......best wishes.
Blank
thank u so much for respondinding to my post i got even happier wen i seen it was from u cuz ur so knowledgable about this from all the advise i see u give people. i wish i had the same attitude as u and then maybe i wud not b thinkin like this umm do u think i need ta change meds or jus go up on them thank u so much
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
1926359_tn?1331591739
Blank
lulu747 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
31 mins ago
1801781_tn?1373244154
Blank
littlebit667 commented on Feeling real and tryi...
57 mins ago
Blank
brice1967 commented on So much ambition, so ...
2 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572
PA
Blank