Anxiety Community
anxiety induced nausea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

anxiety induced nausea

I would like to hear from others who are like me and have anxiety induced nausea.  What do you do for this to make living comfortable day by day?
I have compazine and that takes care of it but I'd rather not take it so often.  Even tho I'm taking a low dose, 10mg.
thanks...
The nausea didn't fully go away until the anxiety did via a course of paxil. In hindsight, some of the nausea was possibly from sinus issues, fluid in my tubes/ears etc. but anxiety was a big part of it.

Eating small amounts and often can be helpful. Have you lost your apetite?

Maybe look at treating the anxiety rather than one of the symptoms.
God Nausea hate it. Ginger tends to help with it, as do certain other foods and drinks. try mint tea, and even canned peaches. They do help settle your stomach. there is also something called the BRAT diet for when you have stomach problems. When I have anxiety it goes straight to my stomach and I try to stay away from alot of foods. The Brat diet consists of, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.  I hope that helps at least from a different stand point. Also you can just try some quiet meditation.

Good Luck!
I deal this with issue a lot.  I hate throwing up, and one of my main symptoms of a panic attack in nausea.  I take Klonopin as soon as I feel one coming but I regularly take over the counter Zantac 150mg during the day and if I'm feeling dizzy or yucky I take a dramamine.  It makes me feel a bit sleepy but I'd rather be sleepy than feel like throwing up.

yes when am in anxiety i cant eat i lose lots weight and feel yucky so anxiety is good for that, i try and eat yoguart it seems to help some , just having something in your stomack should help
Hi my names Rhiannon, Im 21 lost my Mum from cancer about a year ago. Theres been alot of family drama since the passing of Mum. She left behind my beautiful 1 year old sister at the time. For the past 4 years Ive had nausea and vomitting when im anxious. However in the past year, the nausea and vomitting became chronic. At the begining of the year i spent 2 weeks in hospital, they found nothing so I was discharged. Went home and was still throwing up and basically felt like death was upon me. I have been receiving pyschotherapy and anti depressant prestique. It has helped alot and I stoped vomitting in the past 7 months. However, it was my 21st birthday last week, and since then its like ive got back to where I was. I think my anxiety is spiraling because of the worry I will go back to having chronic nausea being disabled by it. I currently study social work and am nearly finished, plus working in mental health. Im so interested in what I study. I believe in human rights and consider myself to be a great activist. However, in the last week, Ive been so anxious, vomitting, lost my appetite and felt like death. Im worried this will never go away and Im sort of doomed if anyone understands what I mean. Im feeling like theres no answers and maybe Im not ever supposed to recover. I used to be such a happy care free sick free person. I feel like everyone must think Im nuts because there isnt any medical explanation for why I cant eat or why I vomit. Has anyone got any suggestions that might help?
Amandag78 commented on photo
37 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on Cee lo
52 mins ago
Amandag78 commented on photo
1 hr ago