Anxiety Community
anxiety or heart?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

anxiety or heart?

i need help im 33yrs old and have a slew of symptoms first here are symptoms

1. Heart skips around all day (stops then starts)

2. very lighheaded when palps are bad also very lightheaded all day long

3. constant sick feeling in chest 24/7

4. when i feel very bad and im going to sleep i get numbness in chest up to chin when get up it goes away

5.slight left arm pain when symptoms are bad

6. get surges of sweating and almost passing out but yet i never pass out

7. when i wake up i feel beter toward end of day i feel a lot worse go to sleep feel better in am

8 very very tired all day always yawning

9. when really bad also slight headache comes on

there are others to much to mention

ok here are tests and results

Denver 5yrs ago --Ekg normal except for right bundle branch block

home hospital 3 yrs ago --echo normal 70% ef structually normal heart Stress test normal reach target
home hospital 2 yrs ago-- stress test normal 30 day holter normal echo 70%ef  normal heart

Cardiologist 1 year ago --- Angiogram-perfect doc said no blocjages no disease 70%ef

Cardiologist 6 months ago echo-- Normal 70%ef  holter 200 pvc's otherwise normal ekg rbb but normal otherwise

Im 33 yrs old male at end of rope on 50 mg atelnlol and 120 cartia xt fell horrible daily terrible symtopms youve seen results eondering what your input is

What im afraid of most is my heart just stopping from this please help me

thanks for help
am i crazy is this all anxiety or more??
I'm not sure if you have a panic disorder or heart disease. Have you checked your cholestrol lately? You said that there is nothing wrong with your heart, right? Well then you most likely are suffering from a panic disorder. I know what it's like because I have that and it's aweful. At times I may feel my heart skip a beat or beat fast for a second or two and then it brings on a panic attack. I get really worried and scared that I'm going to die. I feel like I can't get enough air and it just makes it worst because I then get scared that I'm going to pass out and die. I know it's not reality but it's hard telling yourself that and believing it when your going through a panic attack. The only thing that seems to help me out is thinking positively, checking my pulse and breathing deeply/normally. I know when I am thinking negatively and thinking that there is something wrong with me, the symptoms of a panic attack come on and get worst. It's aweful I tell you, the worst thing I have ever been through. It seems to get worst during my mentral cycle. Maybe you should go see a Psychiatrist, so they can determain if you have an anxiety disorder/panic disorder. I hope this helps.
Also go see a Cardiologist about your heart stopping and starting. I know that's not normal. You might be lacking in some hormone that regulates the normal hearts rhythm.
I am in the same boat as you, my friend!  I am a 31 year old female, and I have been having these "harmless extra beats" for almost 3 years now.  In the beginning is felt like my heart would start and stop again within one heart beat but at this point I can feel the extra beats and I have episodes where I experience atleast 15-20 in a row in a matter of seconds.  It is always followed by either lightheadedness or I develop a headache that doesn't go away until I sleep.  At times is have had daily lightheadedness that lasts all day, and the chest pain I have felt is centered around my breastbone and is attributed by my doctors to esphogeal spasms.  I also experience upper back pain and jaw pain, but only on my most anxious days.  All my docs (several ER docs, GP, and Cardio) have told me that my heart is absolutely fine.  I really don't have any advice for you as to what to believe about your heart.  But I know how you feel, when you are sitting watching TV, or tripping along through your day, with absolutely no worries on your mind and under no stress what so ever, and then BAM!, there's another one, which then leads to the worry and eventual panic attack.  I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this too, as I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!  I hope this helps and that you felt well today!

Cori
Consider getting checked for atrial fibrillation. It's very common.
I know what you mean about the heart thing!! It is sooo frieky, I suffer from severe panic attacks, although with some help from prozac and xanax, I am making progress! I was having a great day today and bam!! out of nowhere my heart started racing and I fely like my the wind had been knocked ou of me, I breathed into a paper bag, took a xanax and waited for it to pass, it is sooo scary!! I recently read from panic to power(lucinda bassett) It really did help me find ways to talk myself down,which is the most important thing in an attack!!  Mind over matter!! It is insaine how much our minds control our bodies!!! Best wishes to feel better!! At least you know your not alone with your experiences!!
heart stopping a second, skipping beats, and palps, are ABSOLUTELY NORMAL,, and thats from every doctor ive spoken 2.
Alnan commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
47 mins ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Swollentoe commented on photo