Anxiety Community
anxiety pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

anxiety pain

Hey guys...now this chest pain that I get from anxiety is it coming from the heart or chest muscle....because sometimes I get like little stings and a burning sensation...
I can almost guarantee it's your muscles. This is really common with anxiety. Take care. Remar
You can definitely get chest pains from anxiety.  In my experience, when dealing with health anxiety, any pain, twinge, ache, etc. is magnified.  Furthermore, we tend to focus in on what we think a problem is and can misinterpret many different 'symptoms.'

What has your doctor said about these pains?  Does he/she think it is anxiety?  Have you had anxiety issues in the past and are receiving counseling for this right now?  Keep us posted!
Hi. I too suffer from these heart/chest pains. Sometimes it DOES feel like it is coming from my heart. I have had the works when it comes to checkups. All of the doctors keep telling me my heart is fine and that it is anxiety. It's more than likely that the chest wall pains are around the same area and our mind likes to think the worst. The issue with my pains is that once I have an attack, the chest pains can last for days afterward. I had a panic attack on Monday and I am still feeling a slight chest pain today (Thursday). I do hope you feel better. This is something we have to try and overcome. This is a great place for help.
Chest pain is one of the most common panic attack symptom. I have had em since I was 10. I got chest pain, dizzy, tingling, shakey (shaky). these are a few of the MILLION symptoms people get. The chest pain is a contraction of muscles that tighten. sometimes they are dull, sometimes they feel like heart burn, other times it can then  be triggered if you feel your heart flutter.

actually, no matter how long someone has had panic attacks we all know it is an attack but there is that "WHAT IF" factor we ALL have. My opinion......your attacks feel like what you are afraid of.

ditch6755 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
Food Safety for Both Hot and Cold F...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
lulu747 commented on Feeling real and tryi...