Anxiety Community
anxiety rash?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

anxiety rash?

Hi, I know that I have anxiety and stress problems and for the past day or two I have experienced a small rash on the inside of my right wrist and then later in the day noticed the small rash on my wrist and then another a little farther up on the inside of my arm. The rashes will really itch for a little while and look like raised bumps like a rash and then will go down to barely being able to be seen and won't itch anymore and when they go down it only looks like tiny dots or slightly raised skin. I am nearing the end of my semester and have been stressed with finishing up work for classes and finals coming up and figure that these rashes are from anxiety and stress since i've never heard of rashes acting like mine. My question is, can anxiety actually cause rashes like mine that come and go and itch a lot and then don't later, I'm hoping that this is stress related and not something worse. If anyone can help me with my question or give me some good information I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance for the help.
Tags: rash, Anxiety
I am not really sure about the cause of your rash.  Did you come into contact with anything?  There are so many causes of rashes from bugs to plants.  Have you tried putting anything on it.  Usually, they are really not a big deal...I get them if I even think about poison ivy. If it becomes a major problem do you have a clinic at school that you could go to get it checked out and maybe get something to soothe the itching?

School can definitely be really stressful especially during exam times...let me know how things go and keep us posted!
Thanks for the help, I don't think I've really come into contact with anything that would cause my rash that I  know of. I haven't tried putting anything on it since it isn't a constant bother itching wise, I'm hoping it's just from stress since i've heard anxiety can give you a rash. A couple weeks ago I thought I might of came in contact with some poison ivy possibly on my foot and since then off and on my foot in that area will really itch but theres no bumps. When i noticed my rash on my arm I thought possibly it was from poison ivy from itching my foot but there is no bumps showing poison ivy on my foot so it can't be that. I think it's anxiety from school stuff and maybe thinking about the poison ivy like what you said happens to you when you think about poison ivy. At my school they have a student health center I can go to during the week if it get's worse or doesn't go away, but I'm hoping it will go away after a few days. I talked to my mom who's a nurse about it and knows I stress a lot and said to keep an eye on it. I'm mainly just worried about my rash being from something bad and not just an anxiety rash but I will get it checked out if it gets worse and keep you guys posted, again thanks for your help.
Hi cj, I just wanted to give you an update and ask a question since your the only one that responded to my original question, which again thank you. Anyway I still have the rashes on the inside of my right arm and now one on the inside of my left arm, they don't itch all the time, mainly when I think about the rashes or worry over them. My question to you and whoever else can help is, do anxiety rashes constantly itch or can they itch off and on but still be seen even when not itchy? I am concerned because like right now I have no itches at all but still can see the rashes which make me worry that the rashes are from something else. If you or if you know anyone that could help me answer my questions please help me or tell whoever else that can help me to read this post so they can help me because I've been freaking more and more as time goes by with these rashes. Again thanks in advance for yours and whoever else's help.
I too have been under a lot of stress for years and suffer from chronic anxiety. Tonight I noticed a rash on my right wrist. Mine is about 2"x2" and mostly on the top go my wrist and going down some on the sides. I put some hydrocortisone on it tonight too. Will see what happens. Did you rash go away and do you still get them? And it doesn't itch.
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
mishymoshymarcy Sometimes the things that a... Comment
Tomoose commented on guilt vs risk
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms