anxiety symptoms but do not feel anxious
hi all. I was wondering if it was possible to suffer from physical anxiety symptoms even though i do not feel anxious. i have visited my gp on numerous occasions and he has done many bloods which were all clear, an x-ray which was also clear and the ECG which once again was clear. He is sending me to a cardioligist just to be safe but he assures me i am suffering from anxiety. I have all the physical symptoms including the chest pain spreading down the left side of my body and occasionally my right arm a near enough constant stiff neck and a sore back and of course the occasional headaches. am currently taking 25mg atenol tabs to control my racing heartbeat. Sometimes i feel fine then all of a sudden i get all these pains without feeling anxios at all. does any one else live like this or is it just me and could it be something more that has been missed. The only thing i worry about really is when the pain comes i cant help but think omg is this it like you do.thnx for your time and any replies would be grately recieved. regards jon  :))
Yes deffinatly 100% as i get them like this myself i have also had many blood tests and ECGs i get vertigo nausea and headaches but everybody with anixety can have unique symptoms and frequences ,it may be that you have been liveing this way for so long that the anixety feels normal to you ,but yes you can still get them and quite debilatateing aswell I know they can be very scary and i often wonder if they are caused by a serious or life theating disease Even though i know that there is nothing wrong with me which often makes things worse ,hope you get over this !
r9c
Hi,yes,at times i dont feel a bit stressed out or anxious yet i still feel light headed,shortness of breathe and dizziness.
I just got online because of this same thing -- I am feeling the physical symptoms of anxiety attacks (although not as severe as yours -- no pain but just a wave of nausea, weakness, light-headed etc.) But I am not worried or concerned about anything, nor do I have any thoughts or fears related to them. They just come on. One clue...I often have pent up emotions that come rushing out once in a blue moon when there's a trigger. For example, my sister passed away two years ago and yet, just recently, I lost it thinking about her. So much was going on in my subconscious and yet, especially as a man, I am so good at keeping it all at a distance. I'm thinking this is causing my attacks???