Anxiety Community
anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

anxiety

i have been taking Pristiq for a week and my period is late is this common?
That's a tough question since many drugs can have many different side effects on people. Some more common and some less common. While this might be caused by the Pristiq there's no way to know for sure. You could always call the pharmacist and ask if That's one of the side effects of the drug, but even if it's not listed under the drugs side effects list in the pharmacists directory doesn't mean it's not possibly. At the same time I'm not sure what you're taking the medication for, but stress can cause what you are experiencing as well.
Desvenlafaxine, (Pristiq) like any of the psychotropic meds, has a great number of possible side effects, but a delay in menstrual cycles is NOT listed in the PDR.

If there is no possibility you may be pregnant, the delay in your period is no doubt due to stress relative to the depression.
Since you have only been on desvenalafaxine for one week, I'm assuming your prescribing doctor wants you back for a follow up in a few weeks time. This would be the perfect time to discuss this issue with him/her. Even if you've gotten your period by then, still make a note to discuss the effects of not only the medication but of stress and depression on your cycles. It's really amazing how little it can take to throw our schedules out of whack.

Try not to worry about it, but.......if you just can't, call your doctors office. His nurse or PA can probably put your mind at ease.
I'm sure it's just nerves. Been there............
Peace
Greenlydia
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
30 mins ago
rana64, JGF25, and nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
1 hr ago
TinaR10 Feeling Flutters. Started 6... Comment