Anxiety Community
anyone have one sided weakness or tingling?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

just wondering if anyone else has one sided (unilateral) tingling or pain or weakness in body due to anxiety...i've had numerous workups and tests run with everything coming back normal...docs of course say its all anxiety related
I dont have one sided tingling but I get head/face tingling and also my feet tingle, sometimes it seems to affect one side more than the other but it can be both sides as well. I dont have pain or weakness. My doc says as I dont have any other symptoms its due to anxiety!! Can you relate it to anxiety, I know that when I get more anxious it seems to get worse, I feel that its due to adrenaline.
Avatar n tn
Yes I have. I must say that I thought I had a brain tumour. My left arm, back and leg felt very strange.
I also felt sick with it too. It was not there all the time but I could wake up with it in the morning and it be be there on and off all day. I am sure that when these feeling happend the worry of it made me feel sick. It's gone now and I am feeling much better.Do you ever feel dizzy with it too?
A couple of weeks before Christmas I felt so ill. It was all stress related, I am more than sure of it.Hope this helps?
Ali
Hi, glad you are feeling better now,, I think the stress of Xmas etc makes it all worse.I am glad we are back to normal now! I dont exactly get dizzy but light headed.
Hi there.....yes I have definately experienced what you are going through a couple of years ago (and still occasionally do).  I had the one sided tingling and numbness on the right side of my body.  I too thought I was having a stroke, had a brain tumor, had an aneurysm.  You name it I thought it.  I had a battery of tests done (not b/c they thought I had anything wrong but for my peace of mind) including a head MRI.  Everything came back just fine.  I am fairy confident that what you are having are PANIC ATTACKS.  Research some of the symptoms and you'll see this is more than likely what you're having.  Good luck and hope you feel better.
yes mainly in my head. as allt he other anxiety symptoms you have to elarn to ignore it. i always get the tingling pressure feeling in my head. good luck
Yeah I get that too in my head and face. What's up with that!? Whats up with us!? Nuts I tell ya, lol
Avatar n tn
I get left arm pain, facial tingling, light-headedness, and a host of other symptoms when I'm stressed out and gearing up for a panic attack. Fortunately, I have not had a panic attack in many years, but came close the other day (reminding me of how uncomfortable and delapidating it can be).
Funnily enough, the only way to get panic/anxiety under control (that I know of) is to "forget about it". Lol. Sounds impossible! However, earlier studies showed that simple-minded folks had a lessor chance of acquiring anxiety disorders because they didn't 'recognize' the symptoms as panic/anxiety - they just thought they'd had a hard day or one too many drinks at the bar, etc. Now-a-days almost everyone is at risk for panic/anxiety because we're all much more aware of what it is and have something ominous to focus on. The cycle of panic is Catch-22 and debilitating, to say the least.
So, find ways to stop thinking about it (the triggers, etc.), and focus on setting positive, healthy, goals for yourself to get physically FIT and mentally FIT . . . get FIT. A strong body and will, in addition to keeping busy and active goes a looong way to preventing the negative introspection that promulgates an axiety response.
YOUR SYMPTOMS WILL SUBSIDE AS YOU BECOME MORE IN CONTROL OF YOUR HEALTHIER SENSIBILITIES.
xo
Avatar n tn
Hi, yes when the anxiety hits me i get tingling in my hands to the finger tips, my hands start shaking and my neck goes stiff as a tree trunk that you could chop sticks off it.  After that come back pains around the lumbar region,  vision blurred.  Legs feel like jelly, these are all the effects of an anxiety attack.  Fight it mate, meds end up making you worse in my opinion,  but it`s your call at the end of the day.

Keep in there, rock n roll baby.  Peace.  :D
I've never heard of anyone having unilateral weakness, numbness, or tingling related to panic attacks. I mean think about it why would you just experience it on one side of your body when having a panic attack? That's crazy!
Yes, I do! And slight dizziness!  In the past two months, I had two mri's of the brain, one of the cervical, and a visually evoked potentials test.  All of which did not show anything!  They all(3 neurologists) said it was anxiety.
Did you see a neurologist? Do you ever get a headache too or after it resolves? I get that and it can last from a few hours to all days to almost a week straight. It just comes and goes as it pleases. Sometimes I get a headache w it (mostly on the left side which is also the side of my body that is affected, but it can be both sides at times) but not all the time. When I get the headache, the amount of pain varies. I am told that this is part of Migraine. You do NOT always need a headache for it to be a migraine. It is a migraine variant and there are several migraine variants. (FYI, my balance can also be off, memory becomes poor, my cognition is slowed, my vision can get blurry, dizziness or a pressure in my head. And even my nose can get stuffy and my ears can bother me.) see a neurologist at a good hospital! If it's not that, then it could be something else. Not everything that is difficult to figure out is fr anxiety. If you saw one, then get another opinion. Goodluck! Hope you feel better!
melimeli commented on melimeli's status
1 hr ago
mishymoshymarcy Sometimes the things that a... Comment
Tomoose commented on guilt vs risk
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms