anyone try Ashwagandha for anxiety?
It's also known as Indian Ginseng.  My chiropractor got me going on it and it's almost been a month.  I started out taking 1 cap. in the am and one in the pm.  After about three days,  I started to feel a little bit calmer.  After 2 weeks,  I was way calmer and my appetite increased.  I think my appetite increased because my anxiety is way down.  I get so nervous and nauseous that I lose all appetite.  I haven't had to take one valium since I've been on this.  Last night I had my first event with people.  We had to go out to dinner and then to an event and I was CALM!!  I was a little anxious during dinner but I just took a deep breath and ate real slow and made it thru pretty darn good for me.  
I'm dizzy this morning so I'm cutting down to just one at night and see how that goes.  
I have never tried it, for me, most Ginsengs make me very nervous, I am so happy it has helped you and that you felt calm at the dinner.

I doubt if the dizzy feeling is anything to really worry about, but, maybe cutting back will help that, sure does not hurt to try.

Please keep us posted on your progress, it sounds really good. Bravo for your Chiropractor suggesting it.
There are alot of different type of ginsengs out there coming from different countries.  But the one from India is way different.
Okay, folks, there's only two kinds of ginseng, really -- Chinese and American.  Eleuthero used to be called Siberian ginseng, but it isn't in the ginseng family at all.  **** Quai is called women's ginseng, but it isn't in the ginseng family, either.  Ashwaghanda may be called Indian ginseng by somebody, but it, too, is not in the ginseng family.  

There are different ginsengs.  Chinese, sometimes called Korean, comes in different varieties, as do all plants.  American can be wild, which is an endangered species, or cultivated.  But they're the only true ginsengs.  The others are all what are called adaptogens, meaning they help the body adapt to stress.  Ginseng also does this, but it tends to be more energizing, though American is considered cooling.  You'll also hear Rhodiola and Maca called the South American ginsengs, but neither is ginseng, they are different plants that are very energizing and adaptogenic.  Ashwaghanda has acquired a reputation of being very good for stress, but so can all the others be.  Each of us is different and reacts differently.  You've gotten a great reaction, so why change?  You need to take it through the day to keep it in your system, as herbs aren't as strong as pharmaceuticals and are digested like food.