Anxiety Community
blurred vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

blurred vision

i have been having problems with anxiety and agoraphobia for about 2yrs now and have had many of the same symptoms you all have mentioned, but i was wondering if and of you that have had problems with blurred vision ever just experienced it in one eye, i also had like a tightness around my eye which ive had before but not sure about the blurred vision along with it. so if any of you can relate i would love to hear!!!
Blurred vision is one of the symptoms for anxiety.  I had severe panic attacks and agorophobia for 15 yrs and my vision was blurred many times, also in just one eye, sometimes in both eyes.
thank you!!! it helps to know that it can be in only one eye, i was starting to google everything i could think of and i was starting to scare myself!!!
I know what you mean, I tend to google things I have too, and nothing good ever comes up.
Two months ago I started to get dizzy. The dizziness came one day and didn't go away, it was there day and nigh. I also got blurred vision some times, at times only in one eye, and, for the first time in my life, I got panic attacks, all completely out of the blue. I went to see many doctors, an ear-nose-throat specialist, a neurologist...I had all kinds of test and they told me I had an anxiety disorder and needed medication. By mere chance a friend of mine read me an article from the Balance and Dizziness Society of Vancouver (balanceanddizziness.org) that talked about blurred vision, anxiety and dizziness all related to having the first and second vertebrae of the neck out of place.
Fortunately for me, I went to see a chiropractor that very day, though I had no hope of recovery because I didn't feel any pain in my neck.I had lots of anxiety and was willing to take the medication just to feel better. I thought I was going crazy.

But the chiropractor explained to me that my neck was really out, and that the squishing of the vertebrae was causing the blurred vision in one or both eyes (it was even one of the questions in the questionnaire, "do you experience blurred vision in one or both eyes"), and that the anxiety was caused by the nervous system sending a "fight or flight" signal on it own, on and on, with no external reason.
He told me I had a chronic back condition, though I had no back or neck pain, and asked me to give him 10 sessions without taking the medication. Well, I have gone there 3 times and I feel so good, 80% better. I am not dizzy, I have no anxiety, and no blurred vision.
Without this chiropractor I would be on meds, thinking I am crazy.
Please consider trying a chiropractor, it saved my life! I hope this helps.

Venus
Yeah, I have that problem in a way, especially in the mornings.  You're not alone there.  It may not be anxiety, though.  I know that MOST of the time (again, not all of the time), it goes away after a nice, hot shower.  Dry eyes will cause blurred vision and that tight feeling, I've found.

And the rest of it I've explained away with "I've just been staring at computer screens too much".  On nights that I go out with friends, the following morning I never have the problem.  Go figure...

I've had not an ophthalmologist but a guy who's supposedly a REALLY good Optometrist look over my eyes not that long ago, and he saw no signs of disease or anything.  Optometrists are trained to look out for most of what could go wrong with an eye.

Anyway, just something else to consider.  
OMG.....this totally makes sense to me now.  Panic attacks from ten years ago all of a sudden start up out of the blue. At night when I'm sleeping?  That's a new one.  Blurry vision this time but never before.  Hunched over a computer underwriting loan files for the past 18 months.  I'm going to see the chiropractor first thing this morning.  Thank you so much Venus.  For the first time in two months I can actually think with a clear head and not feel like I'm going to die, go crazy, stay tranquilized, or admit myself to the asylum just to make it through a night without waking up with a panic attack.

Pegi
TinaR10 commented on Moma_Cher's status
43 mins ago
Irisbritney Finally found an awesome do... Comment
1 hr ago
JGF25 my son was in a terrible ca... Comment
1 hr ago