Anxiety Community
burning sensation in legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

burning sensation in legs

My legs have this burning sensation . It usually on the inner thigh,around the knee area, and the inner thigh. The left leg is worse than the right leg. When I  am lying down I can't lay one leg across the other because it is very uncomfortable. My feet burn at night especially the right foot around the outside of the foot. There is sort of a puffy area on the outside of my foot where it burns the most. What could be going on with these symptoms?
Burning sensations are very common with anxiety but you should also be checked by a doctor to make sure there isn't something else.
Just wondering about the burning because I get it.  Where did you find this is related to anxiety?  I am trying to find out what is causing my symptoms.  If all this is anxiety I am in now upset.  I get burning sensations in my skin and then it moves away and winds up burning my tongue.  Then moves away and burns my legs.  I can't find information on this symtpom.
Yes, burning sensation of the skin, legs or any part of your body is one symptom of anxiety. You can go to www.AnxietyCentre.com and look for anxiety symptoms. Hope this can help you.
I only got burning sensations when trying to take Lexipro.  Are you sure its burning or are you legs falling asleep.  Thats also a sing of anxiety/
Well that website information is helpful, thank you for sending it.  But I know I have some food sensitivity issues and found relief in some symptoms by eliminating some foods.  They have so many list of anxiety symptoms that seem related to food and chemcial sensitivity.  How do you know one from another?

My biggest problem is doctors asking me what triggers my symptoms.  I do know stress can trigger them but the are here many times for no reason.  I am getting tired of doctors making me feel I have some responsiblility to this.  Like I can get hit right after eating, or changing position in a chair.  Many times I sit down to watch a comedy movie and 1/4 through the film I am hit with an attack.  I wasn't feeling stressed at this time.  Does this sound familiar?  How do you get out of this hell?
Yes this is burning. I don't get a falling asleep feeling.  But I do get the pins and needle feelings in my legs.  I get muscle twitching also and I get these symptoms even though I am on medication.
Jade59 commented on clean_in_ks's status
1 min ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
Dalubaba commented on photo