Anxiety Community
burning sensation in the head

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

burning sensation in the head

My mother is constantly complaining about burning feeling in her head. She does suffer from anxiety and has had panic attacks in the past. She is still mourning for her dead sister who past away nearly two weeks ago. Am assuming it could be head truama because she really makes me worried when she describes how she feels. What steps can be taken to help her recover.
That is a typical feeling related to anxiety, but have her see a doctor anyway just to be sure.
Have they given her any medications to help her through this?
Two weeks of mourning is not much time...my dad passed away in what will be a year ago on the 25th of this month...I still cry when I see anything that reminds me of him...or when I think of things I should have said or done while he was still with us.
Just be strong for your mom. Hold her when she needs a hug. Keep in mind that her sister was a part of her life for many years...a piece of herself is now gone.
If she was suffering from depression and anxiety beforehand, then this has magnified it intensely for her.
Just love her. Hold her hand. Do small things for her...clean the house, take out the garbage, cook for her...anything to help ease the burden for now. Maybe a shopping trip, a walk, or anything else that you can think of that she might enjoy. If you can take her mind off of her sister for even a few minutes it will help.
Don't be alarmed when she breaks out into tears for no apparent reason...simply place an arm around her, or ask her questions about things she and her sister did as children. Get the good memories flowing. If she starts to get negative, then push her in another direction.
My brother and I were very depressed when dad passed away...we would remind each other of things that we did with him in the past...tree forts, fishing, etc. It really helped. We also joked around a lot...we talked about the way he used to pass out in his chair...but that's just us...it kept our minds off of his death for a bit.
Keep in mind that everyone is different, and you know your mom better than we do. If she has a sarcastic sense of humor, then use that to your advantage. If she's very straight laced, and has no sense of humor...well...don't joke around with her then.

We all feel for your loss, and I recommend that you also take care of yourself as well.
Don't forget to take her to see a doctor.

Keep us posted.
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
specialmom commented on photo
specialmom commented on photo
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms